Expedition Everest effects status watch

GrumpyFan

Ahh neat. Now is that mist at the top of the main lift hill before the broken tracks? I cant seem to get a jist of where it is from the pictures

It's after you the crest when you go down into a small snow valley and then to the broken track section.

When we were there in June of last year, the mist wasn't working, but the Yeti was in A-mode.

WelshBatman

Just thought I'd put in my two cents...

As of 1/20 - there was no mist and the Yeti I believe is still in B-mode, however, they seemed to have changed the lighting because you can see much more of the yeti now. He's been really dimly lit for several months, but now you can see all of him and his eyes are back to glowing (which they weren't briefly).

For the record, I go to AK every few weeks and the last time I saw the Yeti working in A-mode was back in either April or May of 2008... I don't remember exactly, but it's been a while. Doesn't really affect the ride though, it's still awesome.

Oh and the waterfalls were on.

teebin

There were evidently two mists. One which I witnessed in the tunnel up to the broken track in previews. That mist caused some kind of sensor or camera problems so it was turned off.

The other mist is the mist coming off the top of the mountain, to simulate blowing snow in the great great themed distance. Steve posted this picture which is intended to be seen long before you get on the ride. I have never seen this effect... and I have been to AK probably 100 times since everest opened. But his pics show that it is a great effect! From the Asia bridge, it must have appeared you were seeing a mountain 50 miles away. (even though it looks as far away from the africa bridge)

If you haven't been to AK before... go to Africa and look right off the bridge. The Everest attraction becomes Mount Kilimanjaro. Great park design as it themes two continents.

http://www.faysafaris.com/images/kili.jpg

EpcotServo

There were evidently two mists. One which I witnessed in the tunnel up to the broken track in previews. That mist caused some kind of sensor or camera problems so it was turned off.

The other mist is the mist coming off the top of the mountain, to simulate blowing snow in the great great themed distance. Steve posted this picture which is intended to be seen long before you get on the ride. I have never seen this effect... and I have been to AK probably 100 times since everest opened. But his pics show that it is a great effect! From the Asia bridge, it must have appeared you were seeing a mountain 50 miles away. (even though it looks as far away from the africa bridge)

If you haven't been to AK before... go to Africa and look right off the bridge. The Everest attraction becomes Mount Kilimanjaro. Great park design as it themes two continents.

http://www.faysafaris.com/images/kili.jpg

For the hundredths time, it wasn't sensors or cameras, it was rust on unrelated metal beams that caused them to turn it off and cut the water supply to the on-ride Mist areas.
:dazzle: :wave:

And there are actually four Mist effects. One for the two Track Switch areas, one for the Mountain snow blowing off the peak effect (Built into the Mountain), but since they didn't like how it looked they built the third, the white box effect from last April (That can be seen in WDW Magic's photos) as well as a fourth over the cavern exit for Broken Trestle, that blew fog down onto the back of the train.

So basically, even out of four systems you'll never see any Fog/Mist.
:brick:

reptar77

I apologize that I haven't been following this thread up to the minute, but I'm wondering:

When was the last time that anyone witnessed A-mode operating properly?

I was so disappointed when I was there just before Christmas and it was a dark, dark B-mode.

Come on Joe, raise a ruckus and get that thing working!!

May 2008 :fork::cry:

Jaytrod

Just thought I'd post this really cool picture from Jim Hills website ;-)

Jeff%27s-Yeti-Picture-web.jpg

Heres the link for page..http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hilll/archive/2009/02/06/test.aspx in the middle they give some interesting facts about how complicated the yeti actually is and why its broken down all the time. And sadly it tells us that the yeti will probably be down for some time :-(. I have never been on EE with a working yeti, so I don't know what I'm missing out on.. Not sure if thats a good thing or not hehe.

MKCP 1985

I heard from someone who I consider to be knowledgable who rode on February 7 and said Yeti was in A mode.

So, again, did anyone here ride on February 7 or subsequently?

WDITrent

^ You know, it might be worse.

Person 1: Hey, did you know that the yeti on Expedition Everest used to move?

Person 2: That's not true. That's an urban myth. He's always been like this.

WDITrent

Person 1: Well, I guess it's not true.

:brick:

On a seperate note, 100th post! :king: Only like ten million until I get as many posts as some people on here! :lol:

Let's celebrate by getting Hershel up and running again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom