Expedition Everest effects status watch

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
it wouldn't be like a broken witch on the great movie ride... because you stop in front of the witch therefore giving her more time in the spotlight. You don't stop or slow down in front of the yeti, you keep speeding by, that's why i don't see the big deal.

It's still a critical show scene, regardless of the speed. 2 years of no Yeti is incredibly bad show for WDWs newest and biggest Eticket.

WelshBatman

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. Yeah A mode is awesome, I was lucky to see it the first time I was on the ride and it's probably the reason Everest is among my favorites but B mode isn't that bad and I'd rather have it in B-mode than not at all. A mode will get fixed one day, but you can bet that if they haven't taken it down in all this time to fix it, then they probably have a problem with fixing it. During this time, B mode will suffice for me and I know a bunch of other people who feel the same way. Disney ain't gonna be perfect 100% of the time. I don't expect that and I don't think any rational person would. Whereas it's the "most magical place on earth," we all have to live in reality...

I would compare it to riding Soarin without the scents working. They add to it and make the ride more interesting and you can appreciate the ride itself a bit more, but it doesn't ruin your experience if you don't get the scents.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
You're missing the point of what I'm saying. Yeah A mode is awesome, I was lucky to see it the first time I was on the ride and it's probably the reason Everest is among my favorites but B mode isn't that bad and I'd rather have it in B-mode than not at all. A mode will get fixed one day, but you can bet that if they haven't taken it down in all this time to fix it, then they probably have a problem with fixing it. During this time, B mode will suffice for me and I know a bunch of other people who feel the same way. Disney ain't gonna be perfect 100% of the time. I don't expect that and I don't think any rational person would. Whereas it's the "most magical place on earth," we all have to live in reality...

You wont change my mind on this, and I wont change your mind. My opinion is that I think having a fully working Yeti is absolutely critical to Everest. Disney of course have the capability and resources to fix it, and it needs doing. I would rather them close it to fix it, than carry on running B mode as it has for the last 2 years.

WelshBatman

My question would be though, if you're sure they have the capability to fix it, why haven't they? What is stopping them? They can't be thrilled about funding and building the most advanced animatronic on the planet and then when it breaks down not fix it. They had to forsee something like this happening.

I realize I'm not gonna change your mind, but you make it sound like there's no point in riding everest anymore and if someone comes on this board and sees that who has never been on everest, and they believe you, then they're getting cheated out of a great experience regardless of A mode or B mode or whatever else.

I'm just trying to offer another opinion. A mode rocks, we all agree on that. But B mode can be good too and I wouldn't suggest anyone skip this ride because the yeti isn't working at full capacity.

Disney_Freak429

Just wanted to add a bit to this by saying YES it does effect the experience. I took two relatives & their friend on it last week for the first time. It took them 3 TIMES to see the yeti since they didn't want to stare at the strobe lights. Then when they saw it they were scared to death now if only it was working & they got a better look at it they really would have peed their pants the FIRST TIME rideing it.

Thrill Seeker

Ok, so let me get this straight... Instead of the Yeti working they have random strobe lights in that room? That's really stupid. I've only seen A mode, so I wouldn't know how B mode is, but just by hearing about it I think it's really stupid. Disney needs to just shut down the thing and fix the gosh darn Yeti...

WelshBatman

I can summarize for ya...

The thread is about how the various effects on Expedition Everest are faring these days. The mist, the waterfalls, the bird, and the yeti. The main topic at the moment is the fact that the yeti hasn't been operating in A mode for quite some time. A mode is the full yeti effect. The figure roars and lunges at the car as you speed past in the final scene. In B-mode, the Yeti doesn't move but there are sound effects and strobe lights.

ToTBellHop

I can't believe this ride is still like this. Inexcusable. I guess most guests are still raving about the ride on surveys so Disney just doesn't care? The Yeti is ever-so-much more important than the hopping Brer Rabbit, and yet Disney routinely tries to fix him...why no love for Everest? This would be like running DINOSAUR with no moving dinos. Six Flags could make a coaster with a non-moving ape equipped with strobes...

EpcotServo

I can't believe this ride is still like this. Inexcusable. I guess most guests are still raving about the ride on surveys so Disney just doesn't care? The Yeti is ever-so-much more important than the hopping Brer Rabbit, and yet Disney routinely tries to fix him...why no love for Everest? This would be like running DINOSAUR with no moving dinos. Six Flags could make a coaster with a non-moving ape equipped with strobes...

Again though. this is assuming they AREN'T working on it as best as they can.

I HOPE they are, but still...little unfair to assume they aren't working on it and treat that as fact...
:lol:

Kobe!!

I can summarize for ya...

The thread is about how the various effects on Expedition Everest are faring these days. The mist, the waterfalls, the bird, and the yeti. The main topic at the moment is the fact that the yeti hasn't been operating in A mode for quite some time. A mode is the full yeti effect. The figure roars and lunges at the car as you speed past in the final scene. In B-mode, the Yeti doesn't move but there are sound effects and strobe lights.

Thanks!

I've only ridden the ride 2 times and as fast as it was (and scary) going past the yeti it was very hard to tell which mode it was in for me. From what I tend to recall I do remember lights and noises and I wanna say it was moving as well... but I might be wrong...:eek:

Main Street USA

Thanks!

I've only ridden the ride 2 times and as fast as it was (and scary) going past the yeti it was very hard to tell which mode it was in for me. From what I tend to recall I do remember lights and noises and I wanna say it was moving as well... but I might be wrong...:eek:
You'd know if you saw A mode. Unfortunately, you saw B.

WishIwasThere

Thanks!

But its people like this that Disney tries to fool. They don't know any better and its still a good ride w/o the Yeti in B mode. But an AWESOME ride in A mode. Since WDW is more of a once every couple years vacation destination, not a local park like DL. They need rides like this operating, even if not at full function, to show the people what's new since their last visit.

SirGoofy

My question would be though, if you're sure they have the capability to fix it, why haven't they? What is stopping them? They can't be thrilled about funding and building the most advanced animatronic on the planet and then when it breaks down not fix it. They had to forsee something like this happening.

Becasue EE is still drawing people to DAK. That's all they care about, and that's why it hasn't been fixed yet.

Kobe!!

But its people like this that Disney tries to fool. They don't know any better and its still a good ride w/o the Yeti in B mode. But an AWESOME ride in A mode. Since WDW is more of a once every couple years vacation destination, not a local park like DL. They need rides like this operating, even if not at full function, to show the people what's new since their last visit.

Very interesting. TY

Any other rides you can think of that opperate in more then one mode??
Tower of Terror?

Pete C

I have never seen the Yeti in B mode...it's been a year since I went to AK. I have seen A mode 3 times, and it is pretty impressive. However, without this in place, the ride seems to be a waste of a massive investment, and that is not even including all the original complaints about lack of show scenes on this ride. This ride was well north of 100 million if I remember correctly. All we have now is a decent coaster in a mountain. If they don't fix the Yeti, Disney gets an F- on this ride. Maybe they need new Imagineers that can calculate forces and structures better when their signature AA doesn't even survive a full year of daily operation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
DAK execs (and WDW) should be ashamed of B mode. Simple as that. The publicity and TV specials lavished on and centered on the Yeti make this just another roler coaster. As I said earlier, BTM has far more theming and eye candy without it.

Take something like the HM or Horizons. They had dozens, if not hundereds of visual effects. E:E has less than 10 and more than half arn`t working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom