Expedition Everest effects status watch

ej2557

EMH on June 22

I was at the extra magic hours on Monday night also, rode Everest 5 times, and agree with what Oddysey said. The projection in the cave was not working. When you were in the cave, there was a light shining on the wall, but it was a strange shape, not an oval shape like it normally is. You could hear the sounds of the Yeti jumping on and ripping up the track, but there was just that light shining on the wall.

It also sure seemed like the Yeti moved. I haven't been on it enough to know if it was full A mode, but the hand moved. When you entered the cave with the Yeti, there was a red light shining that was bright enough so that you could see the Yeti, and there were strobe lights as you got closer to it. We went on it earlier in the trip (Saturday?) and it was clearly in B mode with no motion. The ride on Monday night was different.

Studios Fan

Before everyone discredits me and says the Yeti is not working let me explain. I have been a passholder for the last five years and first saw the Yeti and all its glory at a passholder sneak preview. I have also seen the Yeti in "B" mode as recently as about 6 to 7 months ago.

My wife and I were staying at the Swan Monday June 22, and there were extra magic hours at AK from 8:00pm to 11:00pm. We had to go since we have never been to AK at night. We rode EE and the Yeti was most definitely swiping at our heads and moving just as he had on opening day. Supposedly this would imply that he is in "A" mode, but the stobe light was still on from "B" mode. Hence probably creating some confusion.

The Yeti is definitely in working order again. A couple of effects that were not working were some steam effects and the projected image of the Yeti ripping up the track. However, I am sure those are much easier to fix.

Good to hear. :)

I am sorry guys. the yeti is not working. he is in B2 mode his hand and head moving thats it with strobe lights. B mode is just the yeti posed with his arm hanging and strobe lights.

Oddysey

I am sorry guys. the yeti is not working. he is in B2 mode his hand and head moving thats it with strobe lights. B mode is just the yeti posed with his arm hanging and strobe lights.

B2 mode? How many modes are there? Considering his head is moving and his arm is swiping, what parts of him are down in B2 mode? BTW thanks for the info I just want a little more insight if possible :)

EpcotServo

B2 mode? How many modes are there?

There were ONLY three built into the system. No, not "B2 Mode." There's A (Normal), B (No movement, strobes, fans), and an unnamed program that was A mode but with different lighting. You see it everytime you see press videos of the Yeti, with the blue backlighting. It's basically just "Tease" mode for press videos, never used on show.

This "B2 Mode" isn't BUILT into the system. Just because it's different does NOT mean you can name it a new Mode. It's just manually added, movement, lighting, what have you whatever you see out there. NOT BUILT INTO THE SYSTEM FROM DAY ONE.

Know that!
:wave:

SirGoofy

There were ONLY three built into the system. No, not "B2 Mode." There's A (Normal), B (No movement, strobes, fans), and an unnamed program that was A mode but with different lighting. You see it everytime you see press videos of the Yeti, with the blue backlighting. It's basically just "Tease" mode for press videos, never used on show.

This "B2 Mode" isn't BUILT into the system. Just because it's different does NOT mean you can name it a new Mode. It's just manually added, movement, lighting, what have you whatever you see out there. NOT BUILT INTO THE SYSTEM FROM DAY ONE.

Know that!
:wave:

I was told by WDI that there are 3 modes, A,B, and C.

What we've been seeing is C. Strobe with no movement. B is strobe with little movement, and then the A we all(well some) know and love.

Oddysey

So when I rode it on June 22 it was with a partially working Yeti, no projection, and no steam. Is there a regular maintenence schedule for EE or did they decide to get it right on opening day and let it fall into disrepair for all of eternity until the ride itself shuts down? I know that is an extreme exageration mixed with a dose of sarcasm, but when many of the major components that contribute to the thrill of the ride are missing, it makes one wonder. The ride is only 3 years old. :shrug:

Again for the last time there is no C mode. I have already explained the three modes and I would know. I was just trying to help. EpcotServo Travis. you should know about B2 mode just ask your brother.

SirGoofy

Again for the last time there is no C mode. I have already explained the three modes and I would know. I was just trying to help. EpcotServo Travis. you should know about B2 mode just ask your brother.

I mean, you can tell me that all you want. I was told directly by WDI and Ride and Show Engineering that there is.

EpcotServo

For the hundredth time.

As per OPENING DAY programming, what I said was what was programed. They can adjust what's going on in each show, but there is no "B2 Mode". There is A mode, B Mode, and then an offshoot lighting mode for press. If ANYTHING IS DIFFERENT, it's because that's been PROGRAMMED IN. Not a set, planned from Day 1, "Mode". You're seeing CHANGES TO B MODE, NOT an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MODE. It's like Pluto, I'm not "demoting" it, just trying to tell you that it's not really a "planet" persay. The Yeti himself can do anything -what the "A show" and "B show" marks is actually lighting. The Yeti, Fans, Etc. can be reprogrammed into those modes. (From Glendale too, no visit needed.)
:lol:

(And this isn't coming from a source...This is firsthand knowledge of how it was built...Just stop calling it B2 Mode like it's something special. It's STILL B-Mode. If they've given that cheezy name, it's new. NOT built into the system from day one. Just trust me, I have so much invested in Everest's early days I have an empty hardback folder that says "Everest completion Prg. Facility Engineering"...I'm a geek about this particular ride system, ok? :lol: :wave:)

I guess the Everest engineer team does not know what there talking about. even though there is a sign in Everest engineer base that lists these various show scenes. this is the engineer team that takes care of the attraction there really are really only a couple Imagineers. who come around and have knowledge about the attraction.

007mickey

Okay, so what folks have been seeing lately is "C" mode (according to SirGoofy) or an enhanced "B" mode (according to EpcotServo)...is this correct? If so, how long has it been out of the original "B" mode? Is this a sign they actually making an attempt to fix or at least improve the attraction?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom