Expedition Everest effects status watch

KaneMarko

First time poster.

I'm glad I read this thread. We were in Orlando in April and I thought I noticed some "differences" in the ride compared to previous experiences. Glad to finally get confirmation that I wasn't going crazy.

It's still a magnificent ride. The effects put it in a class by itself (can be said about most of the Disney rides).

I bragged heavily to some friends of mine about EE and they are now going to Orlando in a few weeks. Hopefully they can have the technical difficulties fixed so they can get the full experience. If nothing else, get the Yeti fixed.

A little off topic, but I noticed during our April trip that the loud Dinosaur in the Dinosaur ride wasn't working. You could hear his roar but he didn't move. Does anyone know if that has been fixed?

krankenstein

A little off topic, but I noticed during our April trip that the loud Dinosaur in the Dinosaur ride wasn't working. You could hear his roar but he didn't move. Does anyone know if that has been fixed?

I think you are talk about the walking Carnotaurus audio animatronic. He was working when I was last down in May.

jeopardyfish

Duckburg's post is almost certainly a false alarm, because the Yeti was in B mode on both days I was at Animal Kingdom this last week. I think we've confirmed the bird is gone but the noise is still there; this is still the case. The steam effect was not operating. I really didn't notice either waterfall.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Such a shame. Such a shame.

has anyone put a figure on how much to fix these small trivial things (NOT the yeti, just waterfalls, steam and either fix the bird or take out the sound effect)?

RiversideBunny

Mabye we should all start referring to EE not as EE but as the 'Broken Yeti Ride'.

Like-

"So, did you go on the Broken Yeti Ride when you were in Animal Kingdom?"

To CM, "Excuse me. How do we get to the Broken Yeti Ride?"

"I used the single rider line at the Broken Yeti Ride and was able to go on it 4 times today!"

:animwink:

jeopardyfish

"So, did you go on the Broken Yeti Ride when you were in Animal Kingdom?"
I love it! Thread win :D! Surely I am not the only one sardonically amused that the gift shop at the end of Broken Yeti Ride is littered with yeti merchandise?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I love it! Thread win :D! Surely I am not the only one sardonically amused that the gift shop at the end of Broken Yeti Ride is littered with yeti merchandise?
Maybe they should sell little yeti's with tshirts on that read one of the following:

1) I brake for B-modes
2) A-Mode is so 90's
3) I Make B-Mode look good

Or better yet, put those phrases on t's for us humans

jeopardyfish

Very basically, A mode is the full range of motion (which I have not been fortunate enough to see and cannot describe, but I believe the yeti takes a swipe at the car) and is said to be fantastic. B mode involves the yeti with a very limited range of motion or with no range of motion illuminated with strobes (and, I have heard, it has its fur blown by fans). The yeti is easy to miss in B mode and, while not uninteresting, B mode is not the animatronic running at its full potential; this is why we find it shameful that the yeti has not been restored to A mode in a while and there doesn't seem to be a rush to do that. I understand that the last theory/explanation offered was that the yeti's foundation is damaged and repairs would be too costly/disruptive/fill-in-the-blank to be carried out at this time.

dxwwf3

I highly doubt he was in A mode. If he had been fixed, I am pretty sure someone would have broken the news earlier today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom