Expedition Everest effects status watch

Pete C

I have never been to WDW but going soon and was wondering if with all the non working parts is EE still worth a ride?

Even if it is not all it could be, it's still a good, fun ride. If I were you I would try to get on every single ride at WDW, and definitely do not skip any E-ticket attractions.

nyfrenchy

Rode it on Saturday May 9th: NO YETI AT ALL!! Black cave, not even a B-mode!

I was riding it with a couple of first timers, after I told them many times that this ride has an amazing Yeti inside.... Here's what I had to hear: "Hmmm soooooo that's the video projection of the silhouette of a Yeti that you found so amazing??"

Disney please give me back my dignity!

I was riding it with a couple of first timers, after I told them many times that this ride has an amazing Yeti inside.... Here's what I had to hear: "Hmmm soooooo that's the video projection of the silhouette of a Yeti that you found so amazing??"

! NO YETI??? If it is not there in Aug I am going to be ED! Does anyone know if he will be back?!?!

worldfanatic

No Yeti on a particular day could be a good sign. Might be doing substantial work on it. Or maybe I'm just hopelessly dreaming of 'A' mode.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

In B mode it does occasionally just end up being in total darkness with nothing.

hokielutz

Here is an update from last week:

Tuesday May 12th:

No steam in the load platform
Front waterfall was runnning, but at 1/4 its waterflow.
Back waterfall - not operational.

No mist off the top of the mountain
Yeti in B mode: Black cave upon entrance; strobe flashed only when we got near and the red eyes flashed just before we passed him.

dvm258

I rode EE twice in the morning on May 17th. I'm not extremely familiar with the ride (so I didn't catalog the status of all the various waterfalls, steam, etc.) but the Yeti appeared to be working 100%. As the train approached on both my rides, the eyes turned red and the Yeti appeared to move towards us and swipe its arm across.

krankenstein

As of May 21st:

Cloud Effect = Not Working
Station Steam = Not Working
Waterfall A = Working
Waterfall B = Not Working
Bird on a Stick = Not Working
Cave Mist = Not Working
Projection = Working
Yeti AA = Not Working/B-mode

SirGoofy

As of today.

Only things that were working were the front waterfall and the projection.

It's honestly such a mediocre ride when the yeti is broken.

As of May 21st:

Cloud Effect = Not Working
Station Steam = Not Working
Waterfall A = Working
Waterfall B = Not Working
Bird on a Stick = Not Working
Cave Mist = Not Working
Projection = Working
Yeti AA = Not Working/B-mode

Looking at the list like that, man this thing is getting ridiculous. Its really just a roller coaster now.

glendroid

i dont even know why bother updating this thread haha..

lets just post here when the yeti is fixed =|

every time i see a new reply i get excited only to hear the same thing from the last 350 posts

ahh...as much as i love this ride it is not in the best condition rite now...most everyhing is broken including the heart of the ride...the yeti

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom