Expedition Everest effects status watch

Tink313

May of last year, I believe.

So its only going to be a year broken...:veryconfu

Yeah I dont see disney fixing it no time soon :( If It was 2 going on 3 years I would think there was some hope that Disney would fix it soon
They need to fix the Yeti:fork:

soarin' cisco

^Lol toystory 3. Duct tape the universal fix all!

I had heard that the yeti actually cracked the concrete foundation that anchors it. So it is not a simple fix. It's a major fix if true.
I have heard that too. And if this is true that would be a major overhaul, which would probably close EE for about two to three months if not more. Im saying this, because they would have to take the Yeti out (maybe need to re-work it so its not so powerful), tear up the old foundation, pour a new foundation, let that foundation cure, replace the Yeti.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They are looking into a method to repair things in-situ with no closure.
tape_duct.jpg
:lookaroun

soarin' cisco

The reason for this, is because alot of the rides at Disney are new ideas and un-tested in the real world. Therefore, it is not exactly known what will go wrong with the rides until they are built.

JML42691

Today (not much new):

Front Waterfall working
Rear Waterfall not working
Steam at load working (but not billowing out like it used to when the ride first opened)
No mist coming from peak (first appeared last April)
No mist at peak
No bird at broken track (rode it 3 times today and the bird never appeared)
Yeti in B mode (noticed the red eyes in B-mode for the first time today, although they have probably always been like that)

Also, the braking on the ride right before and at unload seemed unusually sudden, quick, and forceful, I never remember it being that hard on you and the stops that "choppy."

Any other effects that I'm forgetting in this list?

JML42691

Rode it again once today, nothing different except for the ending scene, I was expecting B-mode but got absolutely nothing, no lighting, no strobe, no noise, no movement (from what I could tell), absolutely nothing. Our train simply went through an absolute black cave with nothing hinting that the Yeti was there. Has this happened to anyone else?

EpcotServo

Rode it again once today, nothing different except for the ending scene, I was expecting B-mode but got absolutely nothing, no lighting, no strobe, no noise, no movement (from what I could tell), absolutely nothing. Our train simply went through an absolute black cave with nothing hinting that the Yeti was there. Has this happened to anyone else?

Did you stop at the brake zone RIGHT before the Yeti cave, and right after the big curve?

Anyways, as of April 23rd...

-Under-carriage Steam Working, but side vents were not.
-Waterfall A working, Waterfall B not.
-Mist on Peak was WORKING, but because of the wind direction only the most observant eyes could see it from the bottom. The only surefire way to know is to check from Broken Trestle by looking back at the peak.
-They've added several misters to the RIGHT of Broken Trestle's back area, almost making a U shape now, hopefully catching breezes and pumping it down to the scene on winder/more humid days.
-Yeti, as always, in B-Show.
-Someone mentioned some kind of difference in some Brake Zone, not today. System running as smooth as it should be.

I'll have alot more about the Mountain in an Update Tomorrow!
:wave:

JML42691

Did you stop at the brake zone RIGHT before the Yeti cave, and right after the big curve?...
No, that's what surprised me, I didn't stop there, or any other weird spots on the ride, everything else was as it should be, just absolutely nothing as I went through that cave.

I've seen videos on YouTube back when the Yeti was in A-mode where people have stopped at that brake-zone and when they entered the cave all the theatrical lights were on but no movement or sound, but I didn't stop there, or anywhere else for that matter. All I can think is that my train must have somehow missed the sensor that activates the cues for that scene somehow, although I had always assumed that it was based off of timing from when you were released down the main hill. Strange.

purranha

Rode in 07

With out going thru all 30 plus pages, the yeti tried to get you towards the end. Was this the "A" mode? will be there in June 4th. Great ride. Also I was the only one in my family that noticed a hidden mickey in the tapistry on the left on the first assecent up the mountain (it does exist right?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom