Ever wonder...?

The Mom

Premium Member
Sorry guys, but when you come from a state that's the butt of too many size jokes, you get a little defensive! :lol:

At least I didn't pull a Mr Promey on you. :lol:

(Mr Promey, you know I'm just kidding. :D )

BTW, I edited my post to change "from" to "than." The people down in Newport were not originally with Roger Williams...my post might have given you that impression. They were thrown out of Massachusetts at a different time.

jmarc63

Originally posted by ArsonWinter

Yeah, what I meant is if it's only opening at peak times at MK, why don't they update it and sent it to Epcot? (vice versa, actually) To me, the "progress" theme fits more with Innoventions, and it would add another ride at Epcot, not to mention it's marketability as an original Walt Disney attraction (of which, there aren't any in Epcot, I beleive, which never made sence to me, seeing as Epcot was Walt's idea. Well, not the same theme park idea, but, oh, that's a whole diffrent topic all together.).

The Epcot we have today is nothing in the way of what E.P.C.O.T was originally supposed to be. E.P.C.O.T was never supposed to be a theme park. (In the original master plan there was to be maybe one more theme park besides MK right next to it.) That is why there aren't any original Attractions from concepts walt came up with there. As far as moving CoP to Epcot you have a better chance of getting the Monorail extension built before that would happen. From how there treating CoP now I highly doubt that they reallly want to keep it around, Maybe only guests complaints have keept it around this long, That I don't know about. As far as Marketability they should be marketing the hell out of it NOW, not later. E.P.C.O.T and Epcot were never ment to be a theme/thrill park but a place for science and technology using the elements of a theme park to make it fun and less boring to most folks

jmarc63

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by YankeeFan

Next time you're in Tomorrowland, do something radical and open your eyes and observe how Disney has themed the area: sci-fi and space travel. This isn't my notion, it's DISNEY'S. So apparently you're complaining about their 'narrow image'. Exactly how does riding around in small racing cars fit in with this theme? It doesn't, regardess of who says it does or doesn't. It's similar to as if Disney moved Jungle Cruise into Future World at EPCOT. It simply doesn't belong.

I don't agree, you seem to have this notion that Tommrow land is supposed to be science fiction. it was never ment to be science fiction but a futuristic view of tommrow. you have to remember the era in which it was designed and built. we were still looking forward to the future. and since tommrow is here before you know it it becomes dated. personaly I never thought it was dated just not maintained very well after the 80s. Now tommmrowland is looking backward at an 1800 view of the future and so the attractions get caught in time warp so to speak of appearring not to fit. what really should have happened was to rebuild every thing from scratch in Tommrowland and just update the existing attractions in the new motif. when they rebuilt the 1955 tommrowland they kept the autotopia just changed to fit the new update, then in the last update they redid the autopia again and changed the cars and track and it is still in tommrowland they should have done the same at MK durring the rehab.

jmarc63

Originally posted by The Mom

Joe,

You're too kind. :) And I'm not sure I would call it Tudor, either. bearboysync has identified it as most likely Gothic revival, which would make sense, especially after reading the history of the attraction on Doombuggies. They were apparently going for a Washington Irving meets Edgar Allen Poe sort of effect. ;) Again, something evocative of an indistinct time in American history...more than 100 years ago (when MK was built) but no specific date or place.

HM at WDW is a combination of styles. The same holds true for the Castle it is also a combination of styles combining elements of real castles in europe, the castle is not just one castle but a combination of them, just like HW is a combination of styles from the 17th and 18th century.

jmarc63

The emphasis on Sci-Fi and Space travel has only been there since the "redo". Certainly CoP and "If You Had Wings" weren't terribly futuristic. The Wedway isn't, either. I can't remember what predated Timekeeper? Was it Sci-Fi or Space themed? Tomorrowland has always been a bit of a hodge-podge. ;)

Prior to time keeper was the Circlevision 360 was in that location.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by Fievel
You look like the bad guy because you ask people for an opinion or ask a question, then you don't hesitate to tell them they're wrong. I have to side against you here. It seems that if you have an opinion that you're not willing to open to debate, then why ask the question in the first place?

Well if the facts of the discussion make them wrong, then they're wrong. It's just very simple. I definitely see where people are coming from when they debate my opinion, yet if a simple fact makes their comments wrong, I'll tell them that. I am willing to be open to debate. It's the others who get their feathers ruffled when I debate back and make me the bad guy for it.

jmarc63

Originally posted by Just A Big Kid
Delta's Dreamflight preceeded Timekeeper :)

No it was the Circlevision360 theater then time keeper

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Just A Big Kid
Delta's Dreamflight preceeded Timekeeper
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then what preceeded Buzz Lightyear?

(If you Had Wings preceeded Dreamflight)

Where Buzz lightyear is was first If you had wings when it was sponsored by Eastern before they pulled out, Delta took over and canged to Dreamflight, when Delta pulled out they closed it and changed to Buzzlightyear.

-------------------------------------------------------
originaly posted by just a big kid

Ok, maybe an update.. i just looked on different sights and one of the old shows was "America the Beautiful"
------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a circlevision360 film

jmarc63

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
I think WED Way is futuristic, but the name change helped it fit into theme.

Actually, Space Mt. could do a little bit of a makeover to fit better into theme. The white, stealth design of the outer building doesnt quite fit in with the updated area, where strange angles and bright colors are everywhere. It was made to fit in with the previous tomorrowland design, which was mostly white, lots straight lines, like the entrance pillars. It woudl eb hard for them to redo the outside, but mabey they coudl add a few things to it? A new paint job, mabey, or some futuristic props.

SM at DL was built simularly to SM at MK, when they did the DL makover they just painted the structure to blend in to the new theming better. I never understood why they didn't do that at MK. It looks out of plac like it is

jmarc63

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by wdwmagic

Why are you constantly stating that people are "wrong"? Your attitude is extremely frustrating. 99% of your posts appear to be fishing for controversy, and hooks for you to defend your position and tell people they are wrong.

I agree with you steve:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

jmarc63

DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHERE THE SPEEDWAY IS LOCATED??

Originally posted by GenerationX
In my opinion, the Tomorrowland Speedway does not fit in Tomorrowland. It's not futuristic or even retro-futuristic. It doesn't have anything to do with science, science fiction, or space. I can't for the life of me think of a commonality between the Speedway and any of the other attractions in Tomorrowland.

Since the attraction borders both Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown Fair, you could conceivably move the entrance to one of those lands and re-theme it to fit there.

Does it really matter where the Speedway is?

Is ita bad attraction because you don't think it should be in Tommrowland. Is it going to be a better attraction if it were somewhere else?

jmarc63

Originally posted by RobFL
*puts in a tape with Walt talking about his plans for Disneyland*

(paraphrase)

"Tomarrowland will be the world of the future. We'll send people on tours in a rocketship, showcase the newest science and technology and even little kiddie will get in on the act being able to drive a car, something they wouldn't be able to do for years in the future."

Now all I have to do is actually hunt down that film clip and perhaps ya'll will shush up :)

-Rob

Your taking that snippit too litteraly and out of context

Erika

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Steve, if you had just given me that slap option I asked for last Christmas, you wouldn't have to deal with this crap all the time! ;)

:eek: :lol: Mom said slap!!!

Erika

*singing*

Who's never wrong, but always right? Who'd never dream of starting a fight? Who gets stuck with all the bad luck? No one but Donald Duck!

Now why is THIS song in my head? How odd! :p

Tramp

Originally posted by Erika
*singing*

Who's never wrong, but always right? Who'd never dream of starting a fight? Who gets stuck with all the bad luck? No one but Donald Duck!

Now why is THIS song in my head? How odd! :p

LMAO...:lol:

...u r 2 kewl!

:lol: :lol: :lol: (now that dumb song is stuck in MY head)

Tramp

Originally posted by Erika
I love that song! Poor Donald, he is so misunderstood :lol:

...:lol:

TOTALLY misunderstood....and don't I wish the forum had the capability of playing that song right now...funny how cartoon characters imitate real life characters, or is it the other way around?

(I thank you for ruining my night...that DAMN song!)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by YankeeFan

Well if the facts of the discussion make them wrong, then they're wrong. It's just very simple. I definitely see where people are coming from when they debate my opinion, yet if a simple fact makes their comments wrong, I'll tell them that. I am willing to be open to debate. It's the others who get their feathers ruffled when I debate back and make me the bad guy for it.

But fact of the matter is that you're asking for opinions. You tend to be a bit over-aggressive and...dare I say it....RUDE. That is what's getting you in trouble. You come across as very arrogant and self-righteous.

Attitudes like that simply aren't needed. And I'm sure if that attitude continues, we won't have to worry about you much longer. You're following the basic line so many before you have walked down before being banned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom