Ever wonder...?

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by wdwmagic

Why are you constantly stating that people are "wrong"? Your attitude is extremely frustrating. 99% of your posts appear to be fishing for controversy, and hooks for you to defend your position and tell people they are wrong.

Steve, if you had just given me that slap option I asked for last Christmas, you wouldn't have to deal with this crap all the time! ;)

JoeZerboy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by YankeeFan

No, again Mom is wrong. It doesn't really matter when the re-hab took place or that it even did. The Speedway doesn't belong in Tomorrowland, or the Magic Kingdom for that matter.

Not that I'm loathe to do this or anything, as I feel a debate can be a constructive tool...but this segment of the thread has lost that.

I'm adding my voice to The Mom, WDWMagic, et al on this one... but only to mention that the only one who can really answer why the Speedway is in Tomorrowland is Walt himself. We, who are able to experience the products of his imagination, can only ponder why things are the way they are and hopefully accept it on face value that Walt wanted it to be this way since the WDW MK is based on DL for a good portion of its design.

So...anyone for a seance?

Joe

The Mom

Premium Member
Or ________? ;) But, you can write poo, or pooping! :lol: I think you can even write ________! :eek: Never mind, I'M WRONG AGAIN, you can't! ;)

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Why are you constantly stating that people are "wrong"? Your attitude is extremely frustrating. 99% of your posts appear to be fishing for controversy, and hooks for you to defend your position and tell people they are wrong.

For one thing, I don't 'constantly' state that people are wrong. The facts of how the land is set up speaks for itself, making the person's comments wrong. I hardly fish for controversy, I add my opinions and comments just like the next person. When others add their snide remarks and attacks, that's when the controversy starts. Yet, I'm the bad guy....jeesh.....

GenerationX

In my opinion, the Tomorrowland Speedway does not fit in Tomorrowland. It's not futuristic or even retro-futuristic. It doesn't have anything to do with science, science fiction, or space. I can't for the life of me think of a commonality between the Speedway and any of the other attractions in Tomorrowland.

Since the attraction borders both Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown Fair, you could conceivably move the entrance to one of those lands and re-theme it to fit there.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by GenerationX
In my opinion, the Tomorrowland Speedway does not fit in Tomorrowland. It's not futuristic or even retro-futuristic. It doesn't have anything to do with science, science fiction, or space. I can't for the life of me think of a commonality between the Speedway and any of the other attractions in Tomorrowland.

Since the attraction borders both Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown Fair, you could conceivably move the entrance to one of those lands and re-theme it to fit there.

Thank you....that's exactly my point.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by GenerationX

Thank you. This is how one politely disagrees...not by saying that others are WRONG, but by giving them reasons why you don't think they're right. There is a difference.

:)

RobFL

Account Suspended
*puts in a tape with Walt talking about his plans for Disneyland*

(paraphrase)

"Tomarrowland will be the world of the future. We'll send people on tours in a rocketship, showcase the newest science and technology and even little kiddie will get in on the act being able to drive a car, something they wouldn't be able to do for years in the future."

Now all I have to do is actually hunt down that film clip and perhaps ya'll will shush up :)

-Rob

Tramp

Originally posted by RobFL
[Band even little kiddie will get in on the act being able to drive a car, something they wouldn't be able to do for years in the future."

-Rob [/B]

I guess the facts DO speak for themselves.

...if Walt thought it fit, that's good enuf for me! :lol:

WDWspider

Originally posted by The Mom

Thank you. This is how one politely disagrees...not by saying that others are WRONG, but by giving them reasons why you don't think they're right. There is a difference.

:)

I started to post the same thing Mom, it's not the fact that people differ, it's all in the way you do it.

Dizneydude87

Then what preceeded Buzz Lightyear? :veryconfu

(If you Had Wings preceeded Dreamflight)

Why did they have to take that out???? *tear*

Sure, it went through manny changes (started with If You Had Wings, then If You Could Fly, then Delta Dream Flight, the Take Flight, now Buzz) but still a great ride.

"Welcome back from your dream flight, the fantasy flight of your life.
Once you've taken a dream flight, the Earth's an inspiaring site. Theres adventure, there is romance, a passport to dreams old and new. We'd like to welcome you back from your dream fight, you'll see dreams from a diffrent light."

I miss it!!!!:cry:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by Dizneydude87

Why did they have to take that out???? *tear*

Sure, it went through manny changes (started with If You Had Wings, then If You Could Fly, then Delta Dream Flight, the Take Flight, now Buzz) but still a great ride.

"Welcome back from your dream flight, the fantasy flight of your life.
Once you've taken a dream flight, the Earth's an inspiaring site. Theres adventure, there is romance, a passport to dreams old and new. We'd like to welcome you back from your dream fight, you'll see dreams from a diffrent light."

I miss it!!!!:cry:

Now, I'm getting all faclemped. Talk amongst yourselves. Here - I'll give you a topic... Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss...

RobFL

Account Suspended
Hmm.. neither a Rhode nor an Island you say?

Maybe Mission: SPACE has neither a mission nor anything to do with SPACE.

Could be all about the geopolitical rammifications of naming a state after somethings which of it is neither.

-Rob

The Mom

Premium Member
Actually, Rhode Island is an island! The official name is "The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations" Rhode Island originally only consisted of Aquidneck Island... Newport , Portsmouth, and Middletown..., and I think a little bit of land on the mainland. They were a separate group than Roger Williams' colony up in the Providence, Cranston, and Warwick area. It's pretty complicated and boring (unless you were there) but I think the Rhode part either refers to the Island of Rhodes, or the color of the soil. At one time, (late 1600s-early 1700s) they actually thought that there might be gold and gems there!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever wonder...?

Originally posted by YankeeFan

For one thing, I don't 'constantly' state that people are wrong. The facts of how the land is set up speaks for itself, making the person's comments wrong. I hardly fish for controversy, I add my opinions and comments just like the next person. When others add their snide remarks and attacks, that's when the controversy starts. Yet, I'm the bad guy....jeesh.....

You look like the bad guy because you ask people for an opinion or ask a question, then you don't hesitate to tell them they're wrong. I have to side against you here. It seems that if you have an opinion that you're not willing to open to debate, then why ask the question in the first place?

This board is not for closed minds, I think you're finally starting to realize that. However, it may already be too late, because you've already seemingly made enemies out of the wrong people around here. I doubt your struggles will get much easier for you because of that

I'd wish you well in wherever you go after you finally say something stupid enough to get you banned, but....well......I don't.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Actually, Rhode Island is an island! The official name is "The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations" Rhode Island originally only consisted of Aquidneck Island... Newport , Portsmouth, and Middletown..., and I think a little bit of land on the mainland. They were a separate group from Roger Williams' colony up in the Providence, Cranston, and Warwick area. It's pretty complicated and boring (unless you were there) but I think the Rhode part either refers to the Island of Rhodes, or the color of the soil. At one time, (late 1600s-early 1700s) they actually thought that there might be gold and gems there!

:lol: :p

Thanks Mom! Sometimes I need some straightening out! ;)

bearboysnc

Actually, Rhode Island is an island! The official name is "The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations" Rhode Island originally only consisted of Aquidneck Island... Newport , Portsmouth, and Middletown..., and I think a little bit of land on the mainland. They were a separate group from Roger Williams' colony up in the Providence, Cranston, and Warwick area. It's pretty complicated and boring (unless you were there) but I think the Rhode part either refers to the Island of Rhodes, or the color of the soil. At one time, (late 1600s-early 1700s) they actually thought that there might be gold and gems there!

I feel so edjumacated like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom