Ever have anyting stolen while at the World?

Goofnut1980

Well, I am very sorry to hear about your sons ipod... At least you were able to get another one to help him stay calm in the crazy parks of Disney. My cousin is autistic and he uses an ipod for the same reason...

I will never eat at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney again... We were seated... got our drinks.. (mind you it wasnt very busy at all) we had an early dinner and got up to leave... as soon as I got to the front door I realized I forgot my shopping bag... I walked to the table and it was gone...(not even 30 seconds later) I mean really... It only had a 5x7 picture frame in it.. guess someone felt they needed it more than us... the only person in our area was our server and we were in a corner...The server said noone turned anything in to lost and found... Guess you can't trust anyone at all!!!

coasterphil

Well, I am very sorry to hear about your sons ipod... At least you were able to get another one to help him stay calm in the crazy parks of Disney. My cousin is autistic and he uses an ipod for the same reason...

I will never eat at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney again... We were seated... got our drinks.. (mind you it wasnt very busy at all) we had an early dinner and got up to leave... as soon as I got to the front door I realized I forgot my shopping bag... I walked to the table and it was gone...(not even 30 seconds later) I mean really... It only had a 5x7 picture frame in it.. guess someone felt they needed it more than us... the only person in our area was our server and we were in a corner...The server said noone turned anything in to lost and found... Guess you can't trust anyone at all!!!

Maybe we had the same server! :lol:

WDWMUPPET

The only thing that I had stolen from me was a disposable camera with half the pics used, back in 1998.

The only advice I have is to use a pack. I know that they arent very fashionable, but they keep everything together and no one can pick pocket it, if your wearing it.

DizneyPryncess

I've never had anything stolen in WDW before, but I've had plenty of things stolen while on vacation at various places, including my Ipod, and my friends camera.

Even though it's WDW, the kinds of people who steal are found everywhere. I would keep your valuable things not out in the open, especially something like an Ipod. Most people are honorable, and wouldn't steal, but you never know when the wrong person might be around.

Damian31

I got photos done with cinderella along with the character meal in the castle and accidently left behind the photos. When I finally got it back someone had taken the castle photo out of the package you recieve and defaced my photos!!

Mind you the staff were very helpful and replaced it all......but who would do that in the first place :fork:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Once my car was broken into at the MK parking lot in 2005. My radar detector, my rearview mirror (I'm not kidding), my XM receiver, xm remote control, my CD changer control, the center caps on my rims (weird), my license plate, and my speakers were stolen

Sorry about most of that. Except for the radar detector (shame, shame, shame).
The only theivery I've experienced is when Max (Goofy's son) stole my little brother's hat. He was an infant at the time and started crying. I'm pretty sure Max got an earfull for that one...

wedway71

last year...I went to Disney for a week...

When I left I noticed ALL OF MY MONEY IN MY WALLET WAS MISSING!!!!!!!

Oh wait...Disney did that.

alilance

YES! About ten years ago my family and I were staying at the Carribean Resort. My little sister, who was about 12 then, was really sick during our trip. We found out after that she had Lyme Disease. Well anyway, I went down to the store at the resort and bought her a Mickey bunny because the next day was Easter and to make her feel better. So on Easter we went to Typhoon Lagoon and when we returned her Mickey Bunny "mysteriously" disappeared from our hotel room!!!:confused: I wonder how that happened??? How sad! :mad:

wdwmomof3

I have never had anything stolen while we were at Disney, but I never leave anything of value in the room, or anywhere else, unattended. I remember reading about people having money and things stolen from their safe in the rooms, so I don't take a chance with that either.

Disney_Belle

Thank God, I have never had anything stolen from my rooms or left anything behind and forgot it.

I usually don't leave much of anything in the safe. Not even money. I used to leave travelers checks in there, because if they were stolen, there was a way to replace them without paying extra. But then I realized if you have a $50 check, once you use it, you get all this extra cash back. So now my aunt told me to get the Traveler's check card, its easier than trying to keep track of all the cash you carry, and it fits into a wallet without having to leave it behind.

I agree with a previous poster who said something about a pack. I don't use one because I don't carry much, but it is one of the safest ways to carry things. I usually just use a camera back with a clip and wear it around my waist. As I buy things I usually try to condense stuff to one bag, and permitting the bag isn't to big, run my camera bag "belt" through the handle on the bag, so everything is attatched to my waist in view where no one can take stuff without me knowing.

Its unfortunate that some people are so selfish that they cannot return lost items, or steal them as well. My cousin was 7 years old and he had purchased a lego set in WDW. We were leaving the Living Seas and he realized he left them on the hydrolator. Unfortunately by the time we got back, someone had taken them and never brought them to the lost & found. And in 2006, this same cousin, left his wallet on Kali River Rapids in the "dry" pouch in the middle of the raft. Luckily it was 53 degrees out that day and nobody was riding the ride (except us, we went 7 times in a row), well my aunt had been videotaping us from the bridge above, and we reviewed the video tape, looked at what number raft we had been on, and found his wallet :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have never had anything stolen while we were at Disney, but I never leave anything of value in the room, or anywhere else, unattended. I remember reading about people having money and things stolen from their safe in the rooms, so I don't take a chance with that either.

I always find in room safe robbing a dubious claim, as most safes have a user codeable lock. Unless you are picking some stupid lock combination (like 1234) others cannot get in.

I think that most of times its user forgetfulness. "Oh yeah, I did spend that extra $100.00 bill at Epcot:hammer:"

Raven66

The only advice I have is to use a pack. I know that they arent very fashionable, but they keep everything together and no one can pick pocket it, if your wearing it.

This is what we do. My DH wears the pack with his wallet,sunscreen and various snacks for DD and I carry the camera case. You really never have to take them off. And if by chance we have to take them off for a ride we just check each other to make sure we have them.

maggiegrace1

I was just wondering, has anyone ever had anything of theirs stolen while at WDW? I want to bring my iPod and my sunglasses w/ me to the pool and was hoping that nobody would be stupid enough to steal them while I was swimming or something.

To answer your question..No..:)

Also..I Heart your avatar..:D:kiss::cool:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'm headed to Costco this week to pick up a new surfboard for the summer (seriously, the local Costco sells Lost surfboards), I guess I'll take a peek at the clothes.

EpcotGrl

Not stolen, exactly, but I left a pair of prescription sunglasses in a restaurant and no one ever turned them in. What someone needed with a pair of sunglasses with my particular prescription I have no idea, but oh well... one more reason to get contacts, I suppose :animwink:

HA! Brilliant, unkadug! I love that flick!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom