Epcot 30th - live updates and reports

828tnt

I
A4KkRV3CUAAFlv4.jpg

Happy birthday to one of the best parks ever built.

via @attractions

I've never seen so many people getting pics like that!

luv

This is a highly over-used word on the internet and I generally think people using it are unimaginative people, but it's all I was thinking...

Wow.

And gosh.

Hands down the best fireworks I've ever seen. Better than the 4th. Better than NYE. And so high up. Magnificent. At one point, I realized my mouth was hanging open and had to shut it. Then a little bit later, it was open again. My jaw was literally dropping. (Poor mom, rolling over in her grave that I'd let the flies in ;) )

I loved the writing on the ball. And the old music. I thought I was going to tear up when I stepped out of Mouse Gear and heard "Listen to the Land" playing. I think it's my favorite long-gone song...and to hear it playing...

Excellent. Awesome. Totally gnarly. And other 80s words, too. :)

Happy Birthday, Epcot!

And way to go, Disney.

Bravo, Siemens.

Amen.

luv

Oh, the only pin they were out of was the big, $125 one. When I waited in line, it was only fifteen minutes.

The shirts for the countries are cheap and crappy, but cute. The Epcot ones are slightly better quality. I was told the maroon one is a women's shirt. I was like, "Do I not look like a woman?!" The guy laughed and said he didn't know for whom I was buying it, lol.

FWIW. :)

Flip83

Amazing Finale! Best display I have ever seen in person. So happy we were able to celebrate Epcots 30th and our 1st Anniversary! Just a perfect night

Figments Friend

-

Wow is right...regarding the extra 30th tag on Illuminations. Thanks for sharing the video...and so quickly!

Definately a big step up from the 25th tag there, with a much better selection of pyro in my opinion. Really loved how the colors red , orange, and yellow were featured prominently in some segements ( the 30th marketing /merch was awash in those retro colors...). A cool nod there visually.

The choice of the music is what had people excited about the 25th tag, but when one actually watches it, not a lot is going on pyro-wise. I saw it in person and there was such a buzz in the crowd that entire day that even the downpours that happened could not dampen peoples enthusiasim. In comparison to what i just saw now, the 25th version was pretty sparse...but perhaps that was the intent to match the then used retro music. Both are nice additons, but the 30th tag was great!

Perhaps DIsney had more time to put this one together then they did the last-minute-change-of-mind 25th version?

puntagordabob

Oh my goodness the finalef the tag was so intense that the force of the sonic waves by the fireworks literally pounded out your breathe... it was awe inspiring!!!!

Marty Sklar's presentation was very awesome too... and for somene who is 85 he gets around like he is only 55!!! Super nice guy and some of the stories he was telling was really neat... he mentioned his book coming out in 2013 printed by Disney Editions...will definitely be on our "buy list" when released.

Merchandise line was long for us... 3+ hours.... picked up the passholder pin that folded out, the I was there, and the jumbo pin because to be honest it was even more incredible looking in person than in the pictures.....

Thanks Disney....

and Happy Birthday EPCOT!

ExtinctJenn

Ok priority #1... get on a computer that doesn't have YouTube blocked and watch all this stuff. I feel so behind!! :D

So...no Dreamfinder appearance?
I got a giggle out of this simply because I was unbelievably impressed that Disney was embracing the past so much with this event (they did at the 25th too but it seemed to be more of a focus for the 30th maybe). In other words, I'll take what I can get! LOL!

they are playing tomorrows child
Ahhhh.... now it's in my head!! (that's a good thing - I'm not complaining)

71jason

Best fireworks show I've ever seen. That final massive blast--first time I've ever felt the physical force of a fireworks blast. Just amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom