Epcot 30th - live updates and reports

Rasvar

The Epcot Moment was just downright bad. The best part of it, by far, was Mariachi Cobre...and you don't need a special moment to enjoy them. The speeches by Youngs, Crofton, and even MacPhee were not good. MacPhee's speech didn't really rub me the wrong way until he invoked Walt, saying definitively that he knew Walt would love what Epcot has become. That was especially "interesting" given the use past tense when park creatives and others were discussing Epcot's greatness throughout the weekend.

I caught this on YouTube. I felt like they were giving a corporate powerpoint presentation without the powerpoint. This people are not good public faces. They are corporate soldiers. These are the people you trot out to give big speeches at a stockholder meeting. It was all uninspired. I've seen college freshmen in my Geography classes give better presentations.

Figments Friend

I thought it was a little more scathing but quoting from :

Sklar "I am starting a campaign to bring back the orignal logo and get rid of this stupid one (pointing at podium)"

WOW...way to go Marty!
:)

To WDWFigment - I thank you for your review of the day. Very enlightening. I appreciate you taking to time to write up a overview of your experience. I am sorry to hear that the promoted *Moment* was a bit of a flop for you, but good to hear that Marty delivered. He almost always does, from a fan standpoint.

I would LOVE to hear him open up a bit more about his real opinions.....in a private setting.

Figments Friend

And it is sad about Epcot when you spend the day celebrating what Epcot used to be because you cant celebrate what it has become.

Agreed. I dont remember feeling that way during the 25th however.....what happened?
I think it has to do with getting the impression that the 30th was promoted to primarily sell merchandise. So much MORE seemed to happen for the 25th, which originally nothing was planned for publically until that little fan uprising....heh heh...

cba

I mean, I know that there's Disney fans, but those are DISNEY FANS. I would NEVER go on that line if it were for a ride (but this is different), unless I'm feeling very happy. I have to give a round of applause to those true Disney fans (Clap, clap, clap). Did anyone on the forums go on that line? If so, well, congratulations.

cba

Now that's a long line! I don't fully understand why people did this. I thought you could purchase all the 30th anniversary stuff off the Disney website. Was it only select merchandise that was offered through the website?
I'm not sure, but I would have to think that. Otherwise, it might have had an IASW line.
P.S. This is my 300th post :D!!!

The MaD Hatter

Now that's a long line! I don't fully understand why people did this. I thought you could purchase all the 30th anniversary stuff off the Disney website. Was it only select merchandise that was offered through the website?

I think all of the merchandise went on sale in Epcot on 9/28. I was there on 9/30 and you could buy all the same stuff with no lines whatsoever. :cool:

wdwfan22

You had to look but you could get the limited edition pins on the 29th. We got all of the stuff we wanted on that date. I was there on the 1st and the vinylmation was the only thing that I hadn't seen earlier.

NemoRocks78

Seized
I walked into the park that morning expecting a line, but nothing like that. We purchased our 30th t-shirts and the shotglass set the night before in MouseGear, and the only other thing I wanted was the "I Was There" pin. I had no desire to wait a few hours for that! There was also a massive line at Pin Central for the AP/DVC pins, but the small merch cart near Electric Umbrella had them too and I was able to get the AP pin after a small wait.

After going into MouseGear that evening and seeing the amount of stuff still behind the counter, I figured there would be plenty of pins left over the next day. I went to Pin Central first thing but they had nothing out. Later on in the afternoon I decided to check one more time and found all of the "LE" pins there and a few of the SSE boxes too. :cool: I was glad to get the "I Was There" pin without the 10/1 wait.

Figment82

I waited in the line, but I wanted the jumbo Epcot logo boxed pin that was a low edition size. It came out on the 1st, not earlier, and sold out by the afternoon. Honestly, I was there to just be in the park, and we met some great people while waiting. Sure, it may seem insane to you, but I had fun and have no regrets.

bethymouse

Well- all I can say is that those people are nuts!:eek: Seriously though. I just don't understand why someone would wait in a line like that unless there was a chance to win Disney tickets for life or something!:D

maryszhi

omg was it for cabage patch dolls rofl. jkjk but seriously thats amazing. could you have seen if it would have been a weekend????

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I mean, I know that there's Disney fans, but those are DISNEY FANS. I would NEVER go on that line if it were for a ride (but this is different), unless I'm feeling very happy. I have to give a round of applause to those true Disney fans (Clap, clap, clap). Did anyone on the forums go on that line? If so, well, congratulations.

There is a very brief shot of myself and 2 other forum members at the 51 second mark.

This line was for LE merchandise available only at Epcot om 10/1/2012

I think all of the merchandise went on sale in Epcot on 9/28. I was there on 9/30 and you could buy all the same stuff with no lines whatsoever. :cool:
Nope. There were a number of items that were not available prior to 10/1/2012. I got my shot glasses, pins, etc on the 30th and had to come back for the LE pins and shirts on the 1st.

jessfriends

I believe the Disney Store website only had the country shirts, Blue Epoct 30th, Women's, Kids t-shirts and were only available for a week (i think, it was a limited time and I don't see them on there now). They take 6-8 weeks to arrive too. I got the women's shirt and the Germany shirt. I was afraid they would be sold out by the time I go at the end of the month and really wanted the women's shirt. That is all I saw online when I ordered.

I heard that there were some Vinylmation figures that were limited edition at Mouse Gears on Oct 1. I heard there were LE 3 sets of 3 inch figures and each had a retro logo on them. I saw them on ebay. One guy ended up with them all and I guess is keeping the one set and selling the other two for something like $2,500! Those and the larger vinylmations I heard sold out quickly within minutes. Other than those from what I hear most of the stuff was available later in the day with less of a wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom