Epcot 30th - live updates and reports

luv

Does anyone know if the mystery box pins were Limited Edition? I only got 4 unique ones (Horizons/Seas/SSE/Energy) with 2 doubles of Energy and Horizons.
I was told that they were. I don't know if that was true, but it was a cm working the pin counter.

Rey are selling pins on eBay for less than the purchase price I paid. Bogus for me!

Retro music was playing after the fireworks celebration until the exit of the park :)

The '1982 loop? Or a mix? Can you identify it? Anyone have a recording?

Also another question -- the area that was dedicated to the 25th anniversary -- in Innoventions -- where the timeline is on the wall (same building as the cool station and the Character Spot) -- is that room back up for the 30th?

TimeTrip

The '1982 loop? Or a mix? Can you identify it? Anyone have a recording?
It was the old attractions music, almost like the Disney parks music cd from a while back, but just the epcot tracks. I remember hearing tomorrow's child, one little spark (original with banter), energy, fun to be free, makin memories, magic journeys, listen to the land, new horizons. Though there was a heavily synthesized track I didn't recognize...

TalkingHead

It was the old attractions music, almost like the Disney parks music cd from a while back, but just the epcot tracks. I remember hearing tomorrow's child, one little spark (original with banter), energy, fun to be free, makin memories, magic journeys, listen to the land, new horizons. Though there was a heavily synthesized track I didn't recognize...

Sounds like the cuts from the 1991 DL/WDW Official Album, although I have no idea what the synthesized track might've been.

Figment82

If I'm remembering correctly, I believe it was the "Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round)" track from the 1982 entrance loop.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I really want to know why was there such a long line for merchandise. For things being sold today only? Limited edition stuff? What was everyone buying? I'm dying to know!!
There were LE Pins, shirts and a very small number of vinylmations.
I wonder how many people stayed in that crazy line? I would like that merch also but that would be a deal breaker.
I can point to 1 guy that did. I got into the line as soon as as the park opened an it took about 2.5 hours to finish the process. It is just one of those things that you have to deal with if you want the LE stuff. I came to Epcot on the 30th with zero intention of getting on a single attractions that day. I was there to do the merchandise, the speeches, meet with some of my fellow Epcot nuts and forum members and the fireworks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's funny...I waited till almost 7PM to get in line and was still able to get all of the LE stuff I wanted without the hours of wait. I think the most I waited was 20 minutes.
That is not that uncommon. The same thing has happened to me in the past as well. Your wait time for LE merchandise always has a chance of being for nothing. In this case, a few of the LE items I wanted were limited to a few hundred and I did not want to take the chance of missing out. From what I heard the Vinylmations were gone in minutes.

prberk

There were LE Pins, shirts and a very small number of vinylmations.

I can point to 1 guy that did. I got into the line as soon as as the park opened an it took about 2.5 hours to finish the process. It is just one of those things that you have to deal with if you want the LE stuff. I came to Epcot on the 30th with zero intention of getting on a single attractions that day. I was there to do the merchandise, the speeches, meet with some of my fellow Epcot nuts and forum members and the fireworks.

I understand completely. I was not able to make it down, even though I looked at flights. I told a friend or two here that if I had gone, and brought friends, I probably would have "sent them to ride something" while I stood in line and went to speeches... and "got my geek on, full tilt!" I could just have seen it: "I'm going to be right here, if you guys want to go ride Soarin' or something." ;-)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I understand completely. I was not able to make it down, even though I looked at flights. I told a friend or two here that if I had gone, and brought friends, I probably would have "sent them to ride something" while I stood in line and went to speeches... and "got my geek on, full tilt!" I could just have seen it: "I'm going to be right here, if you guys want to go ride Soarin' or something." ;-)
I was in the same mindset. I had done the 25th and tried to do my normal day at Epcot along with the anniversary activities and both objectives clashed horribly. This time I pretty much made it know this is what I am doing and it worked much better. I still got to spend a good deal of time with my fiends as many were on the same schedule and nothing was left on the table at the end of the day.

scpergj

I was in the same mindset. I had done the 25th and tried to do my normal day at Epcot along with the anniversary activities and both objectives clashed horribly. This time I pretty much made it know this is what I am doing and it worked much better. I still got to spend a good deal of time with my fiends as many were on the same schedule and nothing was left on the table at the end of the day.

That's pretty cool - my wife and I were actually there pretty much because we could. Our passes expire at the end of this month, and we hadn't had any sort of get-away from the kids in four years, so I booked the 30th, 1st, and 2nd. Didn't even realize at the time it was to be EPCOT's 30th. With our kids schedules (our oldest is a freshman in high school, a black belt in karate, and in the marching band....so that pretty much blows 5 days a week - and then you have to add the 10 year olds activities) and our work schedules, we just needed to get away. I would have loved to get some of the merchandise, but this weekend was more focusing on us than anything else. Maybe for the 35th we'll be able to stand in those lines!

nicknick553

Lee said:
One awkward moment...but I wont go into it here. It may become apparent down the road a bit...​
Aw come on...
If you watch the video you may be able to see it but I think he was talking about when one of the girl speakers i cant remember which one but one of them said "the past 30 days" instead of years and then corrected herself with the crowd laughing

Lee

Adventurer
Lee said:
One awkward moment...but I wont go into it here. It may become apparent down the road a bit...​

If you watch the video you may be able to see it but I think he was talking about when one of the girl speakers i cant remember which one but one of them said "the past 30 days" instead of years and then corrected herself with the crowd laughing
That was Erin Youngs, VP of Epcot. That wasn't what I was talking about.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
That was Erin Youngs, VP of Epcot. That wasn't what I was talking about.

A spirited lunch with a ghost computer processing the ticket. The timeline was still on the wall in December. Didn't even think to look this trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom