Epcot 30th - live updates and reports

MKCP 1985

So today Epcot is 30 years old plus one day and the Magic Kingdom is 41 years old plus one day. Back to your regularly scheduled fall celebration programming at Walt Disney World. :D

jrh1985

I wonder if anyone heard the finale at MK or DHS last night? I know Wishes was at the same time as ROE last night, so the final Booms were like 3-5 min after that.

Flight Safety

Oh my goodness the finalef the tag was so intense that the force of the sonic waves by the fireworks literally pounded out your breathe... it was awe inspiring!!!!

Marty Sklar's presentation was very awesome too... and for somene who is 85 he gets around like he is only 55!!! Super nice guy and some of the stories he was telling was really neat... he mentioned his book coming out in 2013 printed by Disney Editions...will definitely be on our "buy list" when released.

Merchandise line was long for us... 3+ hours.... picked up the passholder pin that folded out, the I was there, and the jumbo pin because to be honest it was even more incredible looking in person than in the pictures.....

Thanks Disney....

and Happy Birthday EPCOT!

I was there for the first M. Sklar appearance and it was great. Not sure which one you went to but if it was the first, what the heck was up with the dumb questions?! I mean, who asks Marty Sklar "When is Test Track re-opening"? Really? Its Marty Sklar, and you're asking him about test track? I thought his presentation was great, but was disappointed at the waste of questions like that, and really wanted an autograph.

We waited in both lines, Pin Station, and Mouse Gear, and were able to get a complete set of the mystery pins, both passholder pins, shirts, and the LE SpaceShip Earth etched glass artwork.

muteki

Wow, I agree with that, especially with the maps themselves being presented by Kodak (see earlier posts).

They can throw Kodak under the bus for changing the ride over a decade ago, but they don't have anyone to blame but themselves for the current state of it. Not having a sponsor shouldn't be a valid excuse anymore.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I still think the 2008 American Pyrotechnics associations 60th anniversary fireworks show called Welcome to Our World on Seven Seas lagoon...Is still The MOST INTENSE FIREWORKS SHOW EVER!!!

Welcome to Our World was in a whole different league to anything ever shown at WDW.

Sonya_c

I was there for the first M. Sklar appearance and it was great. Not sure which one you went to but if it was the first, what the heck was up with the dumb questions?! I mean, who asks Marty Sklar "When is Test Track re-opening"? Really? Its Marty Sklar, and you're asking him about test track? I thought his presentation was great, but was disappointed at the waste of questions like that, and really wanted an autograph.

We waited in both lines, Pin Station, and Mouse Gear, and were able to get a complete set of the mystery pins, both passholder pins, shirts, and the LE SpaceShip Earth etched glass artwork.
I was sitting in front of the guy that asked that question but honestly he appeared he had some sort of disability. His mom was telling him to sit down, so that could be the lack of knowledge of who Marty was. :/

828tnt

W
I wonder if anyone heard the finale at MK or DHS last night? I know Wishes was at the same time as ROE last night, so the final Booms were like 3-5 min after that.

We are at dtd today and a few employees saw our 30th button on the stroller and asked how we enjoyed it. According to them, they heard it at dtd.

WDWFanDave

We spent the whole day at EPCOT yesterday, were there from opening to closing :)

Perhaps one of the best parts of the day was getting to chat with some CMs as we staked our claim on a space to watch Illuminations at 6:30pm. They were fantastic, and were just as excited as us to be there for the celebration. Not to forget to mention they really love their parks (MK and EPCOT), and Disney as much as I do.

The finale was, as everyone else has said, simply awesome. It was overwhelming and left us feeling like maybe, just maybe, they're starting to remember that EPCOT deserves so much more attention. So here's to hoping the next 30 years return and then expand some of the magic that's been lost along the journey :)

packwingfn

Does anyone know if the mystery box pins were Limited Edition? I only got 4 unique ones (Horizons/Seas/SSE/Energy) with 2 doubles of Energy and Horizons.

scpergj

It's crazy long.
And it's kinda hot here today.
Crowds...moderate to light.

Kinda hot? SWMBO and I took off before lunch to spend some time at Stormalong Bay - MUCH cooler in the pool!

Funny story about that...it rained a couple of times when we were being lazy in the lazy river...so, what did we do? Well....we swam under one of the bridges until the rain quit. Mind you, we were swimming, not floating on rafts. Yeah....we're strange....:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom