EPCOT 25th Gallery was CLOSED today - what's up?

mcjaco

As much of a fan as I am of old school EPCOT, I really didn't think the Gallery was all that special.

Nice to see the old stuff, but it wasn't anything you can't find on the internet already. I went through once (slowly), and that was enough for me.

Personally, I'd rather see them start to use the Communicore (blah to Innoventions) buildings like they used too. That would be more appropriate. :D

EPCOT Explorer

As much of a fan as I am of old school EPCOT, I really didn't think the Gallery was all that special.

Nice to see the old stuff, but it wasn't anything you can't find on the internet already. I went through once (slowly), and that was enough for me.

Personally, I'd rather see them start to use the Communicore (blah to Innoventions) buildings like they used too. That would be more appropriate. :D

:dazzle:

In CONCEPT it was amazing.It was a nod to a bygone era of EPCOT.It showed us how amazing the past was.

And it had retro music.:cool:

It didn't cost that much to operate.

Why kill it?

This makes no sence.

The Oggmonster

I have a question about this attraction? Now did they put this on the epcot maps or no?

Because I found it trying to escape the crowds in the beginning of August. The hallway was empty with the exception of myself, my family, and a couple of CMs.

Also I don't use the map to the parks, which is why I am asking this question.

EPCOT Explorer

I have a question about this attraction? Now did they put this on the epcot maps or no?

Because I found it trying to escape the crowds in the beginning of August. The hallway was empty with the exception of myself, my family, and a couple of CMs.

Also I don't use the map to the parks, which is why I am asking this question.

Yep...It was on the times guide.

mcjaco

:dazzle:

In CONCEPT it was amazing.It was a nod to a bygone era of EPCOT.It showed us how amazing the past was.

And it had retro music.:cool:

It didn't cost that much to operate.

Why kill it?

This makes no sence.

I can listen to retro EPCOT music anytime I want. :p That's what Mousebits is for!

Like I said, I love the EPCOT of the eighties, but can't we move on, and hope for a better EPCOT of the future?

I don't see museums at WDW celebrating parts of that park that are long gone.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Like I said, I love the EPCOT of the eighties, but can't we move on, and hope for a better EPCOT of the future?

I don't see museums at WDW celebrating parts of that park that are long gone.
Yes and no - to me the display was more than favourite attractions. It was about a time and a team willing, pushing, demanding things never done before on as big a scale as possible in one place. That won`t happen again on US soil.

EPCOT Explorer

Yes and no - to me the display was more than favourite attractions. It was about a time and a team willing, pushing, demanding things never done before on as big a scale as possible in one place. That won`t happen again on US soil.
:cry:

Yep...It truely showed what EPCOT was.
Just saying it'd be interesting to see how many parallels they would draw between themselves and the portrayed bankers... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt9JpYRulSk&NR=1

Ah.HAH!Nice.:D

dxwwf3

Well said :sohappy:

brkgnews

Didn't get over there myself Monday, but two members of our WWW group said it was still closed. I'll check on Tuesday myself.

Frank Stallone

Glad I got in there last week and took (literally) just under 200 pictures.

I've heard it's being converted back into a Segway Central of sorts, but not for the regular guest tours.

Communicora

Premium Member
Quote:
Because showing you how cool it WAS made the stuff that's there now look bad?
:lol:

This is sad, but sort of true. I still love EPCOT. It's just not as great as it once was. I'm so glad I got to visit the exhibit in August, but disappointed for those that missed the chance to see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom