EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

jeffb

Wow awesome stuff Jeff...i totally agree this was one of the best eras for WDW art. It just shows you how enthused they were for this very risky undertaking. Just another reason why EPCOT Center was SO IMPORTANT!...

:wave:

I have to believe that this risk taking (as they essentially bet the company on it) was an important factor in pushing their creativity to this level.

jeffb

EPCOT - Dawn of a New Era Pages 9 & P10

On to World Showcase!

Pages 9&10

2844291503_4829f11910_b.jpg

Pages 11&12

2844296421_9f4e7491e0_b.jpg

vonpluto

Some stuff from back in the day, but outside the burm:

Some of the bus flags from the EPCOT route:
Untitled-15.jpg

The butt-end of the old EPCOT Resorts tram:
11-92-2_copy.jpg

Structure in Crescent Lake that I was told was to be part of the never-happened water show "Noah's Ark:
11-92-11_copy.jpg

Conformation or disproval appreciated:shrug:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I have to believe that this risk taking (as they essentially bet the company on it) was an important factor in pushing their creativity to this level.

Well said Jeff...and i totally agree. Thus yet another reason why EPCOT Center was so amazing, inspiring, and UNIQUE back in it's heyday.

I think in the future it can be this again. It will take some time and it will need to be guided by caring hands ( with a good budget to back them up..) but someday i beleive we will see EPCOT rise to a new era with attractions that will capture the spirit of the past successes, but excite today's Guests as much as those old attractions once sparked our minds.

A tall order...yes...but anything is possible and i have faith in the future EPCOT.

EPCOT Explorer

Some stuff from back in the day, but outside the burm:

Some of the bus flags from the EPCOT route:
Untitled-15.jpg

The butt-end of the old EPCOT Resorts tram:
11-92-2_copy.jpg

Structure in Crescent Lake that I was told was to be part of the never-happened water show "Noah's Ark:
11-92-11_copy.jpg

Conformation or disproval appreciated:shrug:
Never hear about the Arc thing...Sounds cool.
Well said Jeff...and i totally agree. Thus yet another reason why EPCOT Center was so amazing, inspiring, and UNIQUE back in it's heyday.

I think in the future it can be this again. It will take some time and it will need to be guided by caring hands ( with a good budget to back them up..) but someday i beleive we will see EPCOT rise to a new era with attractions that will capture the spirit of the past successes, but excite today's Guests as much as those old attractions once sparked our minds.

A tall order...yes...but anything is possible and i have faith in the future EPCOT.

I believe that too. They can only last so long on this current kick of WalMarted Wishes, Dreams and Cartoons.:lol:

I think we are riiight on the cusp of it, too.:) Should be good.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Indeed.

20 years from now, when we are all sitting around wondering where our dentures are, we will think-

" Remember the time period right before EPCOT came 'back'? "

SeaCastle

vonpluto, do you have any higher resolution images of your Crescent Lake photos? They're very interesting historical pieces!

hpyhnt 1000

Indeed.

20 years from now, when we are all sitting around wondering where our dentures are, we will think-

" Remember the time period right before EPCOT came 'back'? "

Oh, that would be lovely...hopefully I'm not to the point where I have dentures (because that would be a LONG time from now :lookaroun) but sometime soon...:eek:

vonpluto

vonpluto, do you have any higher resolution images of your Crescent Lake photos? They're very interesting historical pieces!

Well, I'm not that savvy when it comes to that stuff. Those pics are scanned from prints, film used was Kodak, probably 800 or 1000 ASA, in a Canon A-1.
1992. Been a long time.
:)

hpyhnt 1000

Congrats, and best of luck to you!:D

I was going to apply to Georgetown, but....decided again$t is for $ome obviou$ rea$on$.:lookaroun:lol:

Thanks! Yeah, I can understand the money thing. As it is, I'm receiving a rather nice chunk of money via scholarship, which is the only reason Im here. Without that, I'm back in Florida. :lol: :eek:

hpyhnt 1000

Wow, that was an interesting bit of info about Noah's Arc and Crescent Lake. I wonder if we'll ever see components or ideas of that show ever used for another production; sounds like it wouldve been neat to see and hear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom