EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

WDWFigment

15 minutes long with a 2,500 guest/hour capacity. No wonder it never had a line. I really wonder if that was part of its downfall, though. Guests see no line and assume it's not all that great, so they don't queue up. Guests see a moderately long line (say, 20-30 minutes) and think "it's only 20 minutes, let's do it!" I don't know how much "line psychology" could've played into things, but I really do wonder.

EPCOTPluto

I found some of my old Disney News magazines. Here are the covers of two related to EPCOT:

picture.php

picture.php

EPCOT Explorer

:eek::sohappy:

Awesome stuff....And a nice article too! Mind if I print it?

15 minutes long with a 2,500 guest/hour capacity. No wonder it never had a line. I really wonder if that was part of its downfall, though. Guests see no line and assume it's not all that great, so they don't queue up. Guests see a moderately long line (say, 20-30 minutes) and think "it's only 20 minutes, let's do it!" I don't know how much "line psychology" could've played into things, but I really do wonder.

Interesting thought. You would think a LOW line would attract...

Dave Disney

Hey does anyone know where I can get one of the retro "The 21st Century began in 1982" Epcot t-shirt.

I would love to have that for my trip in November!

EPCOTPluto

I posted these already at that Pic of the Day thread, but I'll post it here as well:

Miyuki and her fantastic candy creations. Note the man plotting to steal her pink horse. :(

picture.php

And a sign from Body Wars in the WoL:

picture.php

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Wow awesome stuff Jeff...i totally agree this was one of the best eras for WDW art. It just shows you how enthused they were for this very risky undertaking. Just another reason why EPCOT Center was SO IMPORTANT!

I am amazed that this thread is still going strong after all this time...you guys ROCK! Keep the memories ALIVE!

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom