EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I would love to see your new one( Hotel window collage ) as well. What are you celebrating there?

Well, i'm not celebrating anything really...but for my yearly pilgrimidge to Property i usually put together a nice new photo collage to decorate for room window with. It's a little tradition...i started doing it back in 2002 i think. Currently i have a 'Retro WDW' theme going, so i guess you could say it is 'celebrating' WDW! It is much smaller then the EC 25 monstrosity...but still neat and compact. It has stuff on it like old images from the 70's, classic EPCOT Center bits, more copies of my old school tickets...that sort of thing.

So if anyone here is down staying at All Star Music this mid-September, keep an eye out for it! :D

:eek: Which ones do you refer to? ( Old Park tickets...) I can't really imagine using a ticket from the 1980s now, and still hasn't expired!

I have three 3-Day 'WorldPassports' from 1983. Two only have 2 days used ( stamped May of 83') and they are still vaild for admission to both MK and EC. I also have a 89' 4-Day when MGM was new, with one day left on it as well.

As with all WDW ticket media before the 'Magic Your Way' ticketing began in ,what, 2005 was it....Tickets NEVER expire. That is not the case today...but back in the 'old days' if you did'nt use up all the days on your ticket/pass during your visit, the leftover days, as Disney used to say, 'Do not expire until YOU DO'! So between those oldies, i have 3 days coming to me....but i will never use em'. It is just far too cool to own my first ticket to WDW and still have it valid. Nowadays of course you have to pay additonal fees to make your tickets of today 'non expiring'. Just had to point that out so no one reading will get confused....

EPCOT Explorer

Well, i'm not celebrating anything really...but for my yearly pilgrimidge to Property i usually put together a nice new photo collage to decorate for room window with. It's a little tradition...i started doing it back in 2002 i think. Currently i have a 'Retro WDW' theme going, so i guess you could say it is 'celebrating' WDW! It is much smaller then the EC 25 monstrosity...but still neat and compact. It has stuff on it like old images from the 70's, classic EPCOT Center bits, more copies of my old school tickets...that sort of thing.

So if anyone here is down staying at All Star Music this mid-September, keep an eye out for it! :D

I have three 3-Day 'WorldPassports' from 1983. Two only have 2 days used ( stamped May of 83') and they are still vaild for admission to both MK and EC. I also have a 89' 4-Day when MGM was new, with one day left on it as well.

As with all WDW ticket media before the 'Magic Your Way' ticketing began in ,what, 2005 was it....Tickets NEVER expire. That is not the case today...but back in the 'old days' if you did'nt use up all the days on your ticket/pass during your visit, the leftover days, as Disney used to say, 'Do not expire until YOU DO'! So between those oldies, i have 3 days coming to me....but i will never use em'. It is just far too cool to own my first ticket to WDW and still have it valid. Nowadays of course you have to pay additonal fees to make your tickets of today 'non expiring'. Just had to point that out so no one reading will get confused....

Pretty cool stuff! That's a great tradition.

jeffb

Here are a few more items:

2598869844_e3f896e2ef.jpg

2038766552_bb6aef056c_o.jpg

EPCOTPluto

^ Nice! Retro-ness all the way! :D

The Seventh Annual EPCOT Food & Wine Festival (because there's that balance between then & now... :lookaroun)

picture.php

brkgnews

I've made some progress on the scanner issue... so hopefully we'll have some more cool stuff to look at here within the next week or so. :)

EPCOTPluto

Perhaps it's better to ask over at the other EPCOT Center thread, but:

In the Global Neighborhood post-show for SSE94, there were a few rooms that a group walks in a dark room and watches something on a TV.

1. What was it, for I never got a chance to see it...?

2. Anyone ever recorded it?

EPCOT Explorer

Perhaps it's better to ask over at the other EPCOT Center thread, but:

In the Global Neighborhood post-show for SSE94, there were a few rooms that a group walks in a dark room and watches something on a TV.

1. What was it, for I never got a chance to see it...?

2. Anyone ever recorded it?

They were AT&T Promos basically. I remember being uninterested. One of them had something to do with Alice and Wonderland.:shrug::lol:

I DID like the "Ride the AT&T network "ride" though...and the huge phone that I used to place a call to my Grandparents were pretty cool.:D

jeffb

Never did Compute a Coaster to my knowledge. Where was it?

It was near SMRT-1. You built a rollercoaster using various parts that were shown on the screen and then you went for a ride. The voice, I believe was the same person, who did the speil for BTMRR. Additionally, if you tried to put to parts together that wouldn't work, the computer wouldn't let you do it.

EPCOT Explorer

It was near SMRT-1. You built a rollercoaster using various parts that were shown on the screen and then you went for a ride. The voice, I believe was the same person, who did the speil for BTMRR. Additionally, if you tried to put to parts together that wouldn't work, the computer wouldn't let you do it.
Ah, interesting!:wave: Thanks, Jeff!

mcjaco

I'm not sure there was anymore than one possible track configuration. My Dad and I spent at least an hour there trying on one of our visits, and could only come up with the same layout each time. It was very limited, but nevertheless, addicting.

The character that guided you through it was the "s" hissing beaver from Winnie the Pooh (I think :shrug:).

At the end, he'd say, "Ssssssaaaay. That'sssss sssssswelll!"

EPCOTPluto

You mean this?

communicorerollercoaster.jpg
commbeaver.jpg

Never done it, but that Sum of All Thrills attraction coming to Innoventions sound similar to this...

Except you actually ride it. :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom