EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

Future Guy

Wow! Excellent thread and amazing pictures! I don't have as much great stuff as everyone else here, but I'll share what I was able to borrow from my parents the last time I visited them.

My first trip to EPCOT was in September 1984. We did the first half of the day at the MK, then headed over to EPCOT after lunch. My mom was determined to visit Morocco and shop, so my parents and grandmother hustled my sister and I right past all those amazing pavilions in Future World so we could do this:

epcot84Morocco.jpg

My grandmother was doing her best to put a happy face on the situation, but six-year-old me was not pleased.

Here's another shot my mom took as we headed across the WS:
epcot84Japan.jpg

Fortunately, we eventually did make it to FW, where we rode Horizons, WOM, JII, UOE, and SSE. Unfortunately, my mom never did share my appreciation for FW's awesome architechure, and I couldn't find any pictures from that side of the park except this one, taken outside Earth Station:

epcot84EarthStation.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Wow! Excellent thread and amazing pictures! I don't have as much great stuff as everyone else here, but I'll share what I was able to borrow from my parents the last time I visited them.

My first trip to EPCOT was in September 1984. We did the first half of the day at the MK, then headed over to EPCOT after lunch. My mom was determined to visit Morocco and shop, so my parents and grandmother hustled my sister and I right past all those amazing pavilions in Future World so we could do this:

epcot84Morocco.jpg

My grandmother was doing her best to put a happy face on the situation, but six-year-old me was not pleased.

Here's another shot my mom took as we headed across the WS:
epcot84Japan.jpg

Fortunately, we eventually did make it to FW, where we rode Horizons, WOM, JII, UOE, and SSE. Unfortunately, my mom never did share my appreciation for FW's awesome architechure, and I couldn't find any pictures from that side of the park except this one, taken outside Earth Station:

epcot84EarthStation.jpg

Huh! Very interesting!...Morocco had just opened that year.

Great pics, and great story!:D

vonpluto

Some more stuff:
Picture-12.png

Future World Brass 1992:
8-92-73_copy.jpg

Communicore, note the 10th Anniversary sweatshirt
11-92-71_copy.jpg

Dreamfinders School of Drama 1986
4-86-41_.jpg

:)

vonpluto

Some from World Showcase:

UK Hedge Maze, present at the creation 1992:
11-92-72_copy.jpg

Pearlies, UK 1986:
4-86-56_copy.jpg

Voices of Liberty, up and down 1993:
1993-91_copy.jpg

One more from outside the burm. The original Christmas extra at the Yacht and Beach. Captain Hook, Mister Smee and their rowdy band conduct a carol Sing and light up the Albatross. Note the older, unsmiling Hook.:mad:
11-92-25_copy.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Some more stuff:
Picture-12.png

Future World Brass 1992:
8-92-73_copy.jpg

Communicore, note the 10th Anniversary sweatshirt
11-92-71_copy.jpg

Dreamfinders School of Drama 1986
4-86-41_.jpg

:)

Some from World Showcase:

UK Hedge Maze, present at the creation 1992:
11-92-72_copy.jpg

One more from outside the burm. The original Christmas extra at the Yacht and Beach. Captain Hook, Mister Smee and their rowdy band conduct a carol Sing and light up the Albatross. Note the older, unsmiling Hook.:mad:
11-92-25_copy.jpg

LOVE it!:D Especially the Horizons shot!:D

EPCOT Explorer

Sigh. What ever happend to that lush and green FW East? The current one isn't bad, but wow, its so much greener in this picture.

Also like the brass band. Pity they and Future Corps are no longer performing. :(

It's bad.:lol::lookaroun It's either all grass, palms, or small bushes. There's no variety in the trees. Saw it from the Monorail, this past trip... At least it's neat, most of the time.

FW West, though...:D:sohappy:

The JRT

Some stuff from back in the day, but outside the burm:
Structure in Crescent Lake that I was told was to be part of the never-happened water show "Noah's Ark:
11-92-11_copy.jpg

Conformation or disproval appreciated:shrug:

So, would this structure be where the infamous "rock" in the lake use to be (now just a regular buoy)? Just in front of the Boardwalk dock?

brkgnews

It's bad.:lol::lookaroun It's either all grass, palms, or small bushes. There's no variety in the trees. Saw it from the Monorail, this past trip... At least it's neat, most of the time.

FW West, though...:D:sohappy:
Trees? Trees! Card Walker and WDI went to the trouble of building a bajillion dollar theme park -- you go there -- and all you notice is the trees? ;)

EPCOTPluto

Exactly! If they can get water pressure a 120 feet in the air, then 15 feet on the beamway should be no problem! :brick:
And considering they can construct a giant topiary set for the entrance in one night....

I had noticed this as well, especially (OT!) that dark spot where Monorail Silver burned near the Contemporary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom