EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

DarthGrady

:eek::sohappy:

Awesome pics!

What days were you there? I was there around the same time and I too, had not been to EPCOT since 2000.

Thanks!

I don't remember the exact date, but the DW's b-day is on 12/17 (which was a Monday) so it had to be somewhere around the middle of the month.

jeffb

Here is a Spaceship Earth concept drawing from the October 29,1978 Florida Sentinel Star.

3776206753_d35df8237d_o.jpg

EPCOTPluto

:eek: Nice concept art!

What is suppose to be that structure at the far left, the entrance fountain? It reminds me of the first version of the America pavilion...

And a DL monorail nearby it???

brkgnews

:eek: Nice concept art!

What is suppose to be that structure at the far left, the entrance fountain? It reminds me of the first version of the America pavilion...

And a DL monorail nearby it???
That is, indeed, the first version of the American pavilion... back when it was supposed to be at the entrance of World Showcase. I think the concept art is supposed to have been that like a picture taken at an angle... so you could see what was behind SSE.

EPCOTPluto

That is, indeed, the first version of the American pavilion... back when it was supposed to be at the entrance of World Showcase. I think the concept art is supposed to have been that like a picture taken at an angle... so you could see what was behind SSE.
Interesting angle, since it's actually much farther. :)

EPCOT Explorer

I thought Jacobson designed it?
I think so...But Marty was most likely on the team.
Here is a Spaceship Earth concept drawing from the October 29,1978 Florida Sentinel Star.

3776206753_d35df8237d_o.jpg
Very nice!:D

Indeed. I think the surrounding buildings are intended to be the sides of Communicore, seeing the angle of the shot. The people in the art might be facing WS or some of the pavilions.

AWESOME stuff!:D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I forgot to ask...

Where did you stay? I was at the AS Movies, and I would've love to see that collage in full size! :)

And... are some of those tickets and buttons real? :eek: I would frame it first! :lol:

Thanks Jeff and EP.....glad you like it!

I will have to scan and post the pix i have of the full thing up in my window that trip ....i was staying were i always lurk ( All Star Music) and completely plastered my hotel window with this massive pre-made collage of all things RetroCot. It kind of went to waste though, as NO ONE saw it as my room was on the 3rd floor facing away from any main walkways on the backside of the Jazz Inn. Nice spot for peace, lousey spot when you have a display you want to share!

It was awesome...and i left no scotch tape marks on the window ( i love Mousecleaning..would'nt want to be a jerk...lol...). I have it folded up here ..i had it on my bedroom door for a few months after the Event. I make a new one for every yearly trip. You should see the one i use now....lol...

The tickets shown are copies of real ones i recieved on my first trip to EPCOT in 1983. They are still valid, but i can't bring myself to use em'. I made scans of these earlier and posted them admist this thread. I have three still good for entry...maybe when i retire....

I will pull out the pix i have of the collage and post em' up here at some point. :wave:

EPCOTPluto

I was staying were i always lurk ( All Star Music) and completely plastered my hotel window with this massive pre-made collage of all things RetroCot. It kind of went to waste though, as NO ONE saw it as my room was on the 3rd floor facing away from any main walkways on the backside of the Jazz Inn. Nice spot for peace, lousy spot when you have a display you want to share!
I am sure I would've gone over to see it. ;) You know, maybe I was staying at the Music. I need to recheck that again...

It was awesome...and I left no scotch tape marks on the window ( I love Mousecleaning. Wouldn't want to be a jerk...lol...). I have it folded up here ..I had it on my bedroom door for a few months after the Event. I make a new one for every yearly trip. You should see the one I use now....:lol:
I would love to see your new one as well. What are you celebrating there?

The tickets shown are copies of real ones i received on my first trip to EPCOT in 1983. They are still valid, but i can't bring myself to use em'. I made scans of these earlier and posted them amidst this thread. I have three still good for entry
:eek: Which ones do you refer to? I can't really imagine using a ticket from the 1980s now, and still hasn't expired!

THIS IS SUCH A GORGEOUS PHOTO! The color saturation is STUNNING..( not to mention Jackie and Martin's incredibly cool shirts!)
So from left to right, there's Jackie, Martin, but who's the third?

brkgnews

I am sure I would've gone over to see it. ;) You know, maybe I was staying at the Music. I need to recheck that again...

I would love to see your new one as well. What are you celebrating there?

:eek: Which ones do you refer to? I can't really imagine using a ticket from the 1980s now, and still hasn't expired!

So from left to right, there's Jackie, Martin, but who's the third?
On the right is a chap named John Corigliano. He's currently affiliated with WindowToTheMagic, I believe... and has been with several different sites/groups in the past. Makes a lot of in-park videos and binaural audio recordings.

EPCOT Explorer

On the right is a chap named John Corigliano. He's currently affiliated with WindowToTheMagic, I believe... and has been with several different sites/groups in the past. Makes a lot of in-park videos and binaural audio recordings.

And I'm pretty sure he is a member here, too, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom