EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

mcjaco

That's the first time I've seen one of those outside of my sister's and mine. My poor Figgy's neck is all soft so his head flops over. Too many hugs back then! :D

EPCOTPluto

Here are some current Festival guides:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve a pic of Jackie in his shirt with John and myself on the Isola if there isn`t another photo to hand?

.... ahh.... happy memories...

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Since folks were talking about him....

...here's a pic from back then of me and my original Figment plush. Note the cool collage in the background - i made this huge display for my Disney Resort hotel window during the festivites....

-

EPCOT25Jennsurprise2.jpg

-

Now the plush...my Mom purchased it for me during our first trip to WDW in May of 1983. We visited EPCOT and i was totally engrossed in the JII Pavillion's main attraction and instantly bonded with Figment because i could relate to what he represented ( self impowed creativity). I had just moved down to FL and we lived about 30 mins away from the Parks in Seffner, so once EPCOT opened Mom thought it would be a good time to take me. I was always very thankful she waited until i was 'older' ( all of 12 years old) before taking me. EPCOT in particular was completely mindblowing and inspiring for me. It was a MAJOR catalyst that forever changed my life.

Naturally during our visit we visited the Centorium to check out the merchandise. I saw a huge display of plush Figments near the center of one of the large rooms, and of course i immediately wanted one! I begged her for the large version ( shown here) instead of the smaller version. It was challanging, as Mom was having a hard time with the 'expensive' price tag for the large doll. At 1983 prices, $21.00 plus tax was a LOT for a plush toy! She caved in though ( as parents often do..) and Figment was mine. The places that doll went...

I have never seen another one quite like this one, as mine has plastic eyes and most of the other Fig's that come up now and then all have fabric ones. My therory is the plastic eyes were replaced out of safety concerns, as they are made out of a very brittle plastic that if broken would have very sharp edges. The tag i took off and saved all these years, i reattached it when i restored him for attending C25.

The orginal was stuffed with crumbled peices of foam beleive it or not, which over time rots and turns into a horrible sandy powder. After 20 years of display and use he needed to be carefully cleaned and restuffed with fiberfill. He looked brand new for the Big Day on October 1st, and will probably stay that way for the next 20 years.

:)

EPCOTPluto

Wow! Great way to preserve your Figment! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I will see if I can try to preserve my EPCOT 25 Figment in perfect condition 25 years later! :D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I`ve a pic of Jackie in his shirt with John and myself on the Isola if there isn`t another photo to hand?

.... ahh.... happy memories...

I have that photo too...it is a AWESOME shot. Beautifully exposed..the lighting in the Park that night seemed even MORE gorgeous.

Jackies shirt was gorgeous too....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom