Email addresses compromised through Disney Destinations!

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Did anybody else get the email from Disney Destinations alerting to the fact that one of their email providers was exposed and email addresses may have been compromised?

lilclerk

Yup I just got it too. For the past few months, I've noticed offers for the planning DVD going in my spam folder, sometimes 2-3 a day. I've never opened them just in case they WERE spam, but I'm wondering if they were related.

btk2333

yup, happened to me too- actually i got emails from two different companies last night saying my email was compromised... not much I can do about it- hopefully they're honest and only email addresses were affected

BalooChicago

Yep, got notice from TiVo, Chase, and Disney. Fortunately I typically use disposable email addresses, and I've killed those, unfortunately the two Disney had for me are my two primaries. I'm expecting a few more notices, as I use several of the others who have also been hit.

miles1

We got the same thing from the College Board this morning (my son is currently taking SAT's and planning for college). Apparently they must all use an e-mail service called EPSILON, which was their vendor with the security breach.

sweetpee_1993

Yeah, the email I got said their email vendor, Epsilon, was compromised. I'll be extra cautious. Sure beats last year when our dentist's office had a break-in. They said banking info was compromised. Eeeek!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Haven't noticed any bump in spam. I don't open links in emails from unknown sources, but if one gets past me and I do click, my warning systems almost always pop up with an "Are you sure?" prompt.

Sadly, spam and malware are a part of life now.

Nemo14

I got the e-mail too - nothing you can do really when that happens. Just keep your anti-virus software up to date and don't open any mail that looks suspicious.

DisneyWall-E

Yes, but what if that primary email address is linked to other banking information? For instance....ebay....paypal....credit cards....that sort of thing?:eek:

Nemo14

Yes, but what if that primary email address is linked to other banking information? For instance....ebay....paypal....credit cards....that sort of thing?:eek:
According to the e-mail, only the addresses were "compromised".

Dear Guest,

We have been informed by one of our email service providers, Epsilon,
that your email address was exposed by an unauthorized entry into that
provider's computer system. We use our email service providers to
help us manage the large number of email communications with our
guests. Our email service providers send emails on our behalf to
guests who have chosen to receive email communications from us.

We regret that this incident has occurred and any inconvenience this
incident may cause you. We take your privacy very seriously, and we
will continue to work diligently to protect your personal information.

We want to assure you that your email address was the only personal
information we have regarding you that was compromised in this
incident.
As a result of this incident, it is possible that you may receive spam
email messages, emails that contain links containing computer viruses
or other types of computer malware, or emails that seek to deceive you
into providing personal or credit card information. As a result, you
should be extremely cautious before opening links or attachments from
unknown third parties or providing a credit card number or other
sensitive information in response to any email.

jayrose

I was just about to post here if anyone got this e-mail. I just received it with through my Yahoo account. Over the passed week Yahoo has asked me to change my password 3 times and I couldn't think of why. I've had the same password since I had the email 10 something years ago.

This is ridiculous.

stillgoofy

I got 3 notices this morning. One from Disney, one from a credit card company and one from my local grocery store. All mentioned Epsilon and stated only email addresses comprimised but no other data.

Dads 2 Boys

I got it too. Hopefully it won't be too big of a deal. That email address is the one I used thru KK to book my trip though.

magiconmainstrt

Yep, I got the same email
Today, there was a n ew email from an unknown source asking me if my phone# was the same...and it was the right number with my husbands name.?
Deleted it

ERich2010

yeah i got it from College Board too. which is weird because i havent taken a standardized test in over a year, so they really must be digging deep

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom