Email addresses compromised through Disney Destinations!

tecowdw

Yep, I got the same email
Today, there was a n ew email from an unknown source asking me if my phone# was the same...and it was the right number with my husbands name.?
Deleted it

And I got one supposedly from FedEx stating that a package was sent to my home address and I just needed to open the attached file to track it. It was a zip file and I know FedEx doesn't use that to provide tracking info!

Perhaps this is my first spam from the compromised list.
:rolleyes:

smk

Did anybody else get the email from Disney Destinations alerting to the fact that one of their email providers was exposed and email addresses may have been compromised?
YES! I just posted a thread about it! My computer did crash yesterday! I am really upset!

Tink313

I received the email too:(. I just really hoping it was only my email and not any of my credit card information, or any of my vacation information. People can be malicious Im really hoping that my vacation is not messed with.:fork:

_Scar

Just checked my spam folder and sure enough it was there. Oh well, GMail does a great job with spam protection. At least the Chinese didn't hack my email way back when :D

Figment1986

Data breach's are not that uncommon, but at least they were good and only had emails with this company and then notified us. I only have the affected email connected to my AOL email so I was already getting most of that junk... :lol:

You av won the Nigerian lottery my friend
5F5C19BB-A6ED-4F31-BE34-BA6A137274E4_extra.jpg

does he have a crown too... cause those are popular :D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I got the email...and I can't read what it says. For some reason, there is nothing in the body of the email. :confused:

I'll check it at work also. :shrug:

WDW2010

I also got the same e-mail good think I have anti-virus running. Though sometimes, anti-virus software doesn't catch everything.

Patrick_Ears

Yeah alot of people will get this e-mail. I know Best Buy is another company that gotten hit. You know there will be a lawsuits in this...

scottnj1966

Did anybody else get the email from Disney Destinations alerting to the fact that one of their email providers was exposed and email addresses may have been compromised?

I received this also.
I also do not believe for a moment that only the email address was compromised. I believe anything we gave them has been leaked.

The more money they try to save the more problems will arise. Disney's reputation will continue to be stripped away and before long they will have to spend even more money to get it back.

docdebbi

i, as did i bet EVERYONE on these boards, got the email about epsilon breach....however, i also got one of those clearly fake emails supposedly from my bank telling me that my account was compromised and i need to follow their link and give them my account info! i'm not as dumb as i look pal, but wondering if it's related to this epsilon breach.
anyone else get the fake bank ploy?

rlm919

I never realized how many companies use epsilon. In the past 4 days I have probably received close to a dozen different emails regarding this situation.

smk

My toilet backed up yesterday, and I'm really upset too! Neither my toilet nor your computer crashing have anything to do with this issue.
Too freakin bad your toilet didn't back up onto your shoes. There was no reason for you to get nasty. Speak up! I can't hear you after I blocked you!

miles1

Yeah alot of people will get this e-mail. I know Best Buy is another company that gotten hit. You know there will be a lawsuits in this...

I don't generally condone the lawsuit madness that we engage in here, but in this case I think its justified. Any company that collects personal data regarding the public should be held responsible for keeping it secure. I never gave my e-mail address or name to Epsilon, yet I have to pay the price for their lack of adequate security. Yes, I realize I probably agreed to give it to them somewhere in fine print as an "affiliated company" or vendor of the people I do business with, but they have a responsiblity to keep it secure none the less. If they operate for a profit using my personal information, they should be held liable when it causes injury (however minor) to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom