Email addresses compromised through Disney Destinations!

gamedude

Epsilon - Press Release:
IRVING, TEXAS – April 1, 2011 - On March 30th, an incident was detected where a subset of Epsilon clients' customer data were exposed by an unauthorized entry into Epsilon's email system. The information that was obtained was limited to email addresses and/or customer names only. A rigorous assessment determined that no other personal identifiable information associated with those names was at risk. A full investigation is currently underway.

More Info:

Affected Companies:
JP Morgan Chase
Kroger
TiVo
US Bank
Verizon
Capitol One
Marriott Rewards
Ritz-Carlton Rewards
Citi
Brookstone
McKinsey & Co
New York & Co
Walgreens
Collegeboard
Disney
HSN (Home Shopping Network)
Ameriprise Financial Services
TripAdvisor
Frys Food & Drug Stores

maryszhi

i know im so mad but disney and the college board im less concernded with than chase. I mean my credit and debit card info could be out there! im glad they atleast let us know instead of staying silent hopeing nobody would notice. I commend them for that

DizneyPryncess

I got that this morning too, and I actually have noticed my Spam folder going crazy. Luckily it all gets filtered but it tells me how many messages are in it. I used to only get a few spam messages a week, and now it's between 30-50. Just be careful not to open anything weird.

Yep, I got the email to. It's not a big deal to me, it's my email address for everything not personal. So I don't think I will notice any extra spam, if I get any.

GoofyFan1

I received the email today and now have an explaination for all the United Parcel Service and FedEx spams that have attatchments and a list of recipients. I even got an email today requesting that I contact some guy to discuss the estate of my recently deceased sister....She's gonna be ticked that she died and nobody told her.:ROFLOL:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You av won the Nigerian lottery my friend
5F5C19BB-A6ED-4F31-BE34-BA6A137274E4_extra.jpg

harveyt0206

I received notification from two of the vendors on the list. I haven't looked at my spam folder yet but unfortunately I fear this is just a sign of the times. I worry more about those security breaches we are never told about. Maybe I need to stop watching so many doomsday TV shows. :ROFLOL:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I was just about to post here if anyone got this e-mail. I just received it with through my Yahoo account. Over the passed week Yahoo has asked me to change my password 3 times and I couldn't think of why. I've had the same password since I had the email 10 something years ago.

This is ridiculous.

Be super careful about emails like that. Some are just phishing for your current password under the guise of an Official Yahoo email.

Mammymouse

This incident was just reported on our local news here (6 PM) and they mentioned the same companies that were mentioned on these posts. They said it will result in phishing so not to give out any personal information in any e-mails you get.

captainkidd

I've been getting that "order a Disney DVD" email for a while now. As long as it's just email that affected, I could care less. I get enough spam to make Thanksgiving dinner for every person in China.

Disneyfan1981

I had been receiving a lot of spam lately so much I had to turn up my spam settings. Got these two emails today (Chase and Disney I'm assuming) and now it makes much more sense. I'm not particularly mad just annoyed but I hope it stops at email addresses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom