DTD: The hits just keep on coming...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't think you could be more wrong. If anything DTD is an anti-mall. And the last thing it needs is "anchor" stores. It needs to be and will be a place where people (visitors and locals) can experience a collection of venues in one location they can't anywhere else.
Funnily enough, that used to be Pleasure Island.

TDO. Serves you right.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The ironic thing is that Disney is trying to make the parks more interactive for guests because people like to be more hands on these days instead of just riding through something they cannot control...yet, they closed down a perfect template for success that did it for 19 years.

This is exactly the point I made in my letters to management asking that the club be reopened. MILF, Turtle Talk, Stitch's whatchamajiggie, are all trying to do exactly what the AC already did, and well -- make each show different so that repeat visitors would indeed see something different each time.

Can't say that I agree with those who say there is no way Disney can find something that will better serve guests than the AC did, but I would say it is highly unlikely they'll find anything as unique, enjoyable, and in keeping with the Disney ideals and the current Living Character Initiative.

But you never know. I'll wait and see, and give whatever goes in there a chance. My expectations are low, so it won't be too hard for Disney to exceed them.

SirGoofy

Careful, this is the crowd that thinks Disney conspired years ago even to the point of "fixing" guest surveys in order to get rid of PI. :lookaroun

Have you ever been surveyed by Disney, or over heard one? To say they are skewed towards a desired outcome is not paranoid or crazy at all.

jt04

Quoted, bolded, italicized, and underlined in order to emphasize it's complete absurdity.
:rolleyes:

Walt wanted a place where families could experience fun and exciting adventures together. PI did the exact opposite.

Anybody who thinks PI was in keeping with that goal is being absurd.

hrcollectibles

According to Screamscape, Starbillas (on the corner by the new balloon) has marked the store down 40% and has a lease about to expire. May follow Virgin on the way out. Also has a rumor that the McDonalds may be closing. :shrug:

That's gonna be one long Cupid Shuffle to distract guests from all those empty buildings.

Even at 40% those autographed pieces are WAYYYYY over priced. I always went there when I went to Downtown Disney. Just to look around being a movie memorabilia collector. I thought their 40% off was a gimmick I remember seeing a 40% sign a few months ago there. oh well there are 2 less places for me to visit on the West Side... City Walk is looking better by the week

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom