DTD: The hits just keep on coming...

jt04

That falls exactly into the rent out space for more dining and shopping plan that was announced. It is standard operating procedure for every other shopping center. A future tenant is not going to want to wait around for Disney to clear the space. Just because it is being gutted does not mean it is leased or there are any future plans beyond being up for rent.

It also doesn't mean they aren't leased or Disney is repurposing one or more of them for their own purposes. Disney does not usually do anything with anything unless it is part of a plan. That is why some venues sit empty and untouched for years. Or they become storage :lol:

SirGoofy

It also doesn't mean they aren't leased or Disney is repurposing one or more of them for their own purposes. Disney does not usually do anything with anything unless it is part of a plan. That is why some venues sit empty and untouched for years. Or they become storage :lol:

I can guarantee nothing has been done to the gutted clubs.

Except for Motion...which is used for DTD Security meetings.:rolleyes:

lazyboy97o

Vague ideas and generalities are not plans. Sitting unused for years is not a plan. This is especially true of the places that have been allowed to rot and would need to be totally dismantled in order for the site to be used.

CaptainMichael

Explain! That's a little extreme.

Imagine HM, PotC, CoP, etc if the AA's were real and could interact with and around you. Imagine if you were a part of the story of a Disney attraction. Imagine being able to choose how you experience an attraction. The AC allowed these things. It was a living, breathing attraction. Real magic...not the marketing version.

jt04

Vague ideas and generalities are not plans. Sitting unused for years is not a plan. This is especially true of the places that have been allowed to rot and would need to be totally dismantled in order for the site to be used.

Just because TDO has not sent you an e-mail does not mean nothing is happening. Disney keeps it's cards very close these days. But rest assured, they are making and executing plans.

jt04

Imagine HM, PotC, CoP, etc if the AA's were real and could interact with and around you. Imagine if you were a part of the story of a Disney attraction. Imagine being able to choose how you experience an attraction. The AC allowed these things. It was a living, breathing attraction. Real magic...not the marketing version.

So why don't the former members and fan base open a venue off site that is similar. Great ideas are great ideas.

EPCOT Explorer

You just did it for me.:D

Damn...Sounds awesome.
It's honestly impossible to explain. It has to be experienced. Amazing story, amazing cast, amazing characters, just plain amazing.

I think Mike just did.:eek:

Animaniac93-98

Just because TDO has not sent you an e-mail does not mean nothing is happening. Disney keeps it's cards very close these days. But rest assured, they are making and executing plans.

It's so broad, general and unspecific you just got to be optimistic!

For all you know Disney right now could be begging for Starbucks to come because they're the only company not tanking in this economy or in DTD already. That would surely make DTD a "magical" place and unlike any local shopping area. :rolleyes:

CaptainMichael

So why don't the former members and fan base open a venue off site that is similar. Great ideas are great ideas.

I would love to do it, but I lack the capital with which to do it. Once the one in Orlando was successful, I'd like to expand to Disneyland...New Orleans, Las Vegas, Chicago, Dallas, and NYC. Each city would be a different chapter of the Adventurers Club.

jt04

It's so broad, general and unspecific you just got to be optimistic!

For all you know Disney right now could be begging for Starbucks to come because they're the only company not tanking in this economy or in DTD already. That would surely make DTD a "magical" place and unlike any local shopping area. :rolleyes:

:eek:

SirGoofy

Because they can please even more guests by repurposing them. Which they are doing.

Sir Goofy,

I haven't bashed the AC once! :brick:In fact I have advocated an outside vendor run the show! That is what happens when you try to discuss a topic when people are so emotional about something I guess.

Never said you were bashing it, but saying that another run of the mill restaurant will please guests more than what the AC was capable of is laughable.

CaptainMichael

You just did it for me.:D

Damn...Sounds awesome.

I think Mike just did.:eek:

:king: But Goofy is right, it is hard to put into words how awesome it really is.

The ironic thing is that Disney is trying to make the parks more interactive for guests because people like to be more hands on these days instead of just riding through something they cannot control...yet, they closed down a perfect template for success that did it for 19 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom