Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

From my local newspaper...

Krispy Kreme fills fans months ahead of opening

By Michael Levensohn
Times Herald-Record
mlevensohn@th-record.com

Town of Wallkill – Outside the tent, it was raining.
Inside, no one seemed to mind.
Must have been the doughnuts.
A handful of officials from Krispy Kreme New York visited the Orange Plaza yesterday for a "ground glazing," a meet-and-greet with the locals that was light on formality but loaded with free snacks.
The event kicked off a two-month promotional blitz leading up to the opening of the mid-Hudson's first Krispy Kreme restaurant at the plaza.
It will be the first of several Krispy Kremes in the mid-Hudson, said Joe Morgan, president of franchisee Krispy Kreme New York, which runs eight restaurants in a region that covers most of New Jersey and lower New York state.
"We're obligated to populate that area with restaurants," Morgan said.
Morgan is looking at sites in the Fishkill area, and will consider additional locations in Orange County after the Orange Plaza site opens. Later this year, Krispy Kreme will begin selling its confections in grocery and convenience stores in the region.
The restaurant will feature a 24-hour drive-through window and will employ 70 to 85 people. Morgan said it will open in late August or early September.
Other Orange Plaza additions slated for coming months include Ruby Tuesday and Panera Bread Co.

Is 20 minutes to long to drive in the middle of the night for a doughnut?

Rumor has it that one will be opening here in town also. :D

speck76

My jaw is still killing me....it hurts so bad!

Fortunately, it hurts too bad to eat, so maybe I can take advantage of this for a while.

JBSLJames

Original Poster
I like that list and probably do well on over half of it. Love the Baby Spinach salad from Subway.

As far as the Judd top 10. . .the list is as follows. Note, this list has been altered to account for the low carb diet and is not ranked in any way.

1. Salmon - Love it grilled with some spices or pan seared and steamed.

2. Steak - Pretty much try and stay with the leaner cuts but sometimes partake of the Ribeye when on sale.

3. Chicken Breast - Can't think of a way I prepare this that I don't like. The most common is grilled with light seasoning and sliced over a bed of lettuce.

4. Pork - We either go with the full pork loin or individual chops. Usually grilled with season salt but the last time, we made the loin in the crock pot with various spices and shredded it afterwards for a nice pulled pork plate.

5. Shrimp - One of my favorites but my wife can't stand them. That being said, I don't have them too often. Like them grilled with a little garlic salt and butter.

6. Brocolli - Has been one of my favorite veggies since I was a kid. I like it steamed with a punch of pepper, or lightly covered with a low fat cheese.

7. Cauliflower - Again, one of my all time favorites. I like it served the same way as the brocolli.

8. Eggs - Love them scrambled, omlett, fried, poached, anyway. Scrambled with some shredded cheese and a dash of bacon bits is a quick and easy meal.

9. Nuts - Pretty much meeting or exceeding the servings on peanuts and almonds. A good snack at work.

10. Whole Grain Wheat Bread - Not eaten alot, but when I do, oh man, it hits the spot. Usually used at breakfast of a single slice with dinner - No Butter.

Not so much of a list. There are other things we eat as well. My wife's favorite dessert is the sugarfree jello topped with the chocolate ready whip.

3 months on the diet and 25 pounds total. So far so good.

tigsmom

speck76 said:
My jaw is still killing me....it hurts so bad!

Fortunately, it hurts too bad to eat, so maybe I can take advantage of this for a while.

Did I miss something? What happened?

speck76

I am not sure what happened...I got up on Sunday and it hurt....it is only on the left side, and I cant open real wide no close real hard. I have no idea what happened...I must be boxing in my sleep again.

tigsmom

If its ok with you I'll just add my comments after yours.( * )

JBSLJames said:
As far as the Judd top 10. . .the list is as follows. Note, this list has been altered to account for the low carb diet and is not ranked in any way.

1. Salmon - Love it grilled with some spices or pan seared and steamed.
* This is one of my new favorites. I use McCormicks Lemon Basil seasoning. :slurp:

2. Steak - Pretty much try and stay with the leaner cuts but sometimes partake of the Ribeye when on sale.
* Usually do Top Round London Broil or Shell Steaks with garlic.

3. Chicken Breast - Can't think of a way I prepare this that I don't like. The most common is grilled with light seasoning and sliced over a bed of lettuce.
* Love chicken & have a ton of ways to cook it. Grilled in a salad is my favorite.

4. Pork - We either go with the full pork loin or individual chops. Usually grilled with season salt but the last time, we made the loin in the crock pot with various spices and shredded it afterwards for a nice pulled pork plate.
* Grilled/roasted loin is the way to go, with garlic, rosemary & onions.

5. Shrimp - One of my favorites but my wife can't stand them. That being said, I don't have them too often. Like them grilled with a little garlic salt and butter.
* We love this and I could live on shrimp salad over a tossed salad.

6. Brocolli - Has been one of my favorite veggies since I was a kid. I like it steamed with a punch of pepper, or lightly covered with a low fat cheese.
* Steamed with garlic butter. Never raw.

7. Cauliflower - Again, one of my all time favorites. I like it served the same way as the brocolli.
*Best with cheese sauce. Had it mashed with garlic & parmesean cheese in Unos and am going to make it that way at home. :slurp:

8. Eggs - Love them scrambled, omlett, fried, poached, anyway. Scrambled with some shredded cheese and a dash of bacon bits is a quick and easy meal.
* Anyway, anytime...always a good choice.

9. Nuts - Pretty much meeting or exceeding the servings on peanuts and almonds. A good snack at work.
* Cashews & pistachios are the best.
10. Whole Grain Wheat Bread - Not eaten alot, but when I do, oh man, it hits the spot. Usually used at breakfast of a single slice with dinner - No Butter.
* I use Wonder Lite...2 slices equal one regular slice so you can make a sandwich. Arnold's Atkins Whole Wheat is the best, but hard to get.

Not so much of a list. There are other things we eat as well. My wife's favorite dessert is the sugarfree jello topped with the chocolate ready whip.
*Anything topped with chocolate whipped cream is ok by me. :D

3 months on the diet and 25 pounds total. So far so good.

Keep up the good work. I've had a bit of a setback, but I'm still hanging in there. Katie, however has kept losing weight. :sohappy:

My elbow is swollen, but thats cuz a puck hit it going about 80 MPH.

Heres somethign to try. Butterfly Pork Chops with Grilled pineapple...trust me on this one.

I bought this low carb milk, its basically like soy milk, but it oddly enough, tastes pretty spot on with real milk. And my mom bought me a box of cookies last night. But They are 3 net carb cookies from Keebler...and my vote is in THEY ARE TASTY! You wouldn't believe they are low carbs...

I lost another Lb and a half yesterday...so I think i am doing good! Gotta love being and endomorph!

tigsmom

speck76 said:
I am not sure what happened...I got up on Sunday and it hurt....it is only on the left side, and I cant open real wide no close real hard. I have no idea what happened...I must be boxing in my sleep again.

Do you grind your teeth, have TMJ? I knew someone whose jaw kept popping out of joint.(always happened in her sleep) I hated having to put it back in place. **shudders**

TravisMT81

Last night I went to planet hollywood to eat(not my choice) anyway I went to order the mexican burger no bread, no fries just a salad. The girl was like "no bun why?" I guess she had never had anyone ask her this before. Then we went to Port Orleans because my friend wanted a banana split. I got one scoop of the fat free/no sugar added vanilla ice cream. It was delicious!!!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
*innocently drops a bucket of Extra Crispy KFC in the middle of this thread and walks away briskly* :slurp: :slurp:

What? :confused:

:lol: :p

barnum42

JBSLJames said:
I9. Nuts - Pretty much meeting or exceeding the servings on peanuts and almonds.
I thought the peanut was not a nut. It's a legume/bean type thing and are beans on the no-no list for low carbs?

I have been known to munch on pistachios. Roasted sunflower seeds are another good work snack.

barnum42

DMC-12 said:
*innocently drops a bucket of Extra Crispy KFC in the middle of this thread and walks away briskly* :slurp: :slurp:
*Not quite briskly enough to have the contents of said bucket inserted some place the sun don't shing.* :drevil:
Mwwaaa haaa haaa.

Plus, nobody will be tempted to eat them now. :D

MKCP 1985

barnum42 said:
*Not quite briskly enough to have the contents of said bucket inserted some place the sun don't shing.* :drevil:

Ouch, that's gotta hurt. Gives new meaning to "chicken tenders," doesn't it?

Not to mention "Chicken nuggets." :hurl:

tigsmom

barnum42 said:
I thought the peanut was not a nut. It's a legume/bean type thing and are beans on the no-no list for low carbs?

I have been known to munch on pistachios. Roasted sunflower seeds are another good work snack.

Considered a nut...it has the good kind of fat & is digested slowly so its excellent (in moderation) on a low carb diet & for diabetics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom