Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by Lil'mermaid
Alright ma, you win. You can count me in!

:sohappy: $130

Barnum42
Cherrynegra
Darthdarrel
Figmentmom
Garyhoov
JBSLJames
Lil'mermaid
Merhearted
Mousemadness
Speck76
Tigsmom
TravisM
WDWFREAK53

And remember, if you're not comfortable on October 1st, there's nothing forcing you to post a photo, but I will only donate for those who actually follow through. Just remind your mom how close October 1st is whenever you see her eating something she shouldn't (I'm sure she'll be more than happy to do the same for you:lol:)

Originally posted by cherrynegra
I would like to enter myself IMMEDIATELY for the next Extreme Makeover episode.

You're in the WDWMagic October 1st makeover. That's healthier. Just put some of those pictures in an "inspriation" folder on your computer. My wife's convinced I'm gay because I've got photos of Brad Pitt and Matthew Mcconaughey that I pull out periodically when I need inspiration.:lol:

JBSLJames

Original Poster
You see, that's my problem. I should replace my motivational pictures of Mayor McCheese and the Frisch's Big Boy with pics of actual in-shape people.

Now that that is solved, the weight should just poor off.

MouseMadness

Originally posted by garyhoov

You're in the WDWMagic October 1st makeover. That's healthier. Just put some of those pictures in an "inspriation" folder on your computer. My wife's convinced I'm gay because I've got photos of Brad Pitt and Matthew Mcconaughey that I pull out periodically when I need inspiration.:lol:

I just saw photos of Matthew Mcconaughey when I was getting my hair done the other day, he has gotten BUFF! :eek: I mean, he went from looking quite chubby to having a washboard stomach. Now, if I were having this conversation with my mom she'd say "Yeah, and he has trainers, and chefs, etc. to help him." But it really comes down to wanting to do it, no matter HOW much help you can afford. Look at Oprah, she's been rich for how long? But still struggled with her weight. It's all in your head, not your wallet.

Hmmm, where did that come from? :veryconfu :lol:

[\end rant] I guess. :lol:

speck76

Originally posted by MouseMadness
It's all in your head, not your wallet.

Hmmm, where did that come from? :veryconfu :lol:

[\end rant] I guess. :lol:

Have you been watching Dr Phil again?

JBSLJames

Original Poster
I have it on pretty good authority that Dr. Phil used to be a 100 pound woman from Argentina named Oovawannalayme.

Well, not that good of an authority. . .

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
This morning I was at 202.5 - The lowest I've been yet, and 5 pounds down from where I started.

My weekly average is above that, but If I can hold for the next couple days, I should have an average for this week of 203.5 which would show steady progress. I had only been losing about 0.5 pounds per week, but if I can hold, I will have lost 1.5 pounds for my average this week compared with my average last week.

speck76

garyhoov said:
This morning I was at 202.5 - The lowest I've been yet, and 5 pounds down from where I started.

My weekly average is above that, but If I can hold for the next couple days, I should have an average for this week of 203.5 which would show steady progress. I had only been losing about 0.5 pounds per week, but if I can hold, I will have lost 1.5 pounds for my average this week compared with my average last week.

Good job man!

tigsmom

Alright Gary! :sohappy:

I'm kinda stalled (I go tomorrow to the dr's so I'll know where I stand.)
Katie is doing well, passed up the goodies at a BBQ yesterday. :eek: :lol:

tigsmom

speck76 said:
I am stalled too, if stalled means adding a few lbs here and there...mainly there. :mad:

I know that feeling. For some reason I just can't get myself motivated lately.
Everyday I start out with the best of intentions, then..........
Oh well, today is another day. :lol: :wave:

Lil'mermaid

tigsmom said:
Alright Gary! :sohappy:

I'm kinda stalled (I go tomorrow to the dr's so I'll know where I stand.)
Katie is doing well, passed up the goodies at a BBQ yesterday. :eek: :lol:

What part of "I dont like cake, I'll have coffee." Does NO ONE get??? :veryconfu

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Summer is apon us and for the low carbers, the ease of grilling should make our lives easier. Had the Birthday party for my youngest on Saturday (Lydia). Darn the convenience of Pizza and Cake.

Suprised this morning when I hadn't gained anything. I haven't done as well over the last week. I have some pretty lofty goals for July so I would like to get a running start for the rest of June. I plan on eating so much salad that Hazel-rah and I will become fast friends.

Keep up the good work everybody and remember: You can't eat it if you don't buy it.

tigsmom

Went to a BBQ yesterday. Had grilled marinated shrimp (with bacon & pineapple tidbits), ribs, huge steaks (grilled to perfection and sooo tender).
There was pasta/veggie salad (had a spoonful), baked ziti (another spoonful) and a sinfully delicious chocolate mousse cake (had a very small piece).
They were joking that we should be an Atkins family because harldy anyone ate the pasta salad & ziti, but boy did we polish off all that meat! :lol:
Diet soda & unsweetened iced tea rounded out the meal. :wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
JBSLJames said:
Keep up the good work everybody and remember: You can't eat it if you don't buy it.

Ahh, but what if your wife buys it? Linda and Ryan left to visit Linda's sister on Saturday, but before she left, she gave me a box of Ho-Ho's.

Fortunately there are none left, so I won't have to worry about that temptation when I get home. :lookaroun

JBSLJames

Original Poster
garyhoov said:
Ahh, but what if your wife buys it? Linda and Ryan left to visit Linda's sister on Saturday, but before she left, she gave me a box of Ho-Ho's.

Fortunately there are none left, so I won't have to worry about that temptation when I get home. :lookaroun

That's pretty funny, Darn Enablers :lol:

By the way, nice pics on your site. Looks like a fun trip. Have a good evening and try and stay away from the Devil dressed as a Hostess Snack cake.

tigsmom

My DH knows how much I need my chocolate. Lately he has been bringing me low carb chocolate. Some of them aren't too bad. I'm trying to make the whole family a little more healthy (esp. my youngest because there is a chance I've passed on my problem to her as I did to katie. The earlier caught the better). There is too much heart disease, diabetes, and cancer in both sides of the family. Any little boost I can give them is a plus.

Gary, how about making a list of "healthy" goodies that she could get for you.
I hesitate to say throw the stuff away because we all work hard for our money (and it seems like a waste), but maybe thats the only way to get thru to her. She can't be an enabler if you don't let her. Just a thought. *shrugs*

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
tigsmom said:
Gary, how about making a list of "healthy" goodies that she could get for you.
I hesitate to say throw the stuff away because we all work hard for our money (and it seems like a waste), but maybe thats the only way to get thru to her. She can't be an enabler if you don't let her. Just a thought. *shrugs*

That's a good idea. She's gotten me tomatoes before which she knows I like. I don't really even have much of a sweet tooth, but Linda knows I love Ho-Ho's, so she thinks she's giving me a special treat. I think particularly since she knew they were going to miss Father's Day, she wanted to get me something special and tomatoes probably just wouldn't have seemed as special.

barnum42

Now that I'm on "The List" I'm getting back into the Noridic habit. Low carbs took a dent at the weekend - drove to my folks for Father's day. Back on the straight and narrow today.

This October 1st photo - are we allowed to be, say 500 yards away from the camera? :lol:

I saw the first low carb items in my local Asda supermarket today - all of three snack bars tucked away amongst the headache tablets and pit spray. Still too expensive for my liking, so they stayed there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom