Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Down another 3 lbs this week :)

12 down this year. It does make me feel a little better, because it seemed like my progress had slowed for a couple of weeks.

I am approaching halfway on my short-term goal with 9 weeks before we go to WDW.

:sohappy:

I've been doing a lot of running, and I've been making progress on that end, but it hasn't really been translating to lower weight.

I'm going to try to really improve my eating over the next few weeks. Salads today.

Disneybird

Hi. I've been lurking on this thread for a long time and finally decided to join in. My daughter (popsicletrees) was part of your group and she got alot of encouragement from here. My goal was to lose 15-20 pounds between Jan. 1st and her college graduation in May. I started off good and lost 8 pounds pretty easy, but I've backslid so much and put one or two back on. I work for a very large doctor's office and since I started working there 3 years ago, I've put on 20 pounds. The amount of food that is brought there from salesman, other offices, patients, etc., is incredible. So I have to force myself to stay away from our lounge. Not always an easy thing to do. I can't wait until the weather gets nice enough to get back outside and start walking again. Right now, it's dark when I get home from work, so longer days will be a blessing. :wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Hi. I've been lurking on this thread for a long time and finally decided to join in. My daughter (popsicletrees) was part of your group and she got alot of encouragement from here. My goal was to lose 15-20 pounds between Jan. 1st and her college graduation in May. I started off good and lost 8 pounds pretty easy, but I've backslid so much and put one or two back on. I work for a very large doctor's office and since I started working there 3 years ago, I've put on 20 pounds. The amount of food that is brought there from salesman, other offices, patients, etc., is incredible. So I have to force myself to stay away from our lounge. Not always an easy thing to do. I can't wait until the weather gets nice enough to get back outside and start walking again. Right now, it's dark when I get home from work, so longer days will be a blessing. :wave:

:wave:

My wife works at a doctor's office and she complains about the same thing.:lol:

Should I put you on the list for June 1st then?

tigsmom

Those crazy a$$ doctors!!

And why do their lounges have nothing but donuts and the like? :lol: They should know better *doh*

My endocrinologist has strict rules about what salesmen can bring in. Since she deals with so many diabetics she feels the staff should set a good example. :king: I've seen trays of fresh fruit, veggie trays and the like go by with the occasional cookie tray at the holidays.

TwoTigersMom

Down another 3 lbs this week :)

12 down this year. It does make me feel a little better, because it seemed like my progress had slowed for a couple of weeks.

I am approaching halfway on my short-term goal with 9 weeks before we go to WDW.

Great job Steve! I'm down 12lbs in the past 3 weeks as well. I still have quite a ways to go, but hopefully we'll see a little less of eachother at our Meet Scorp & TwoTigers Meet in April! :sohappy: :lookaroun :lol:

MKCP 1985

Wow, this thread was buried. I had to go 3 pages deep to find it. :lol:

Here's a thought . . . Disney has several races over the course of a year. I am currently signed up for the Everest Race in September, but there are races before then as well. . . and did I mention they are at WDW with WDW swag and prizes?

That sounds inspirational to me. . .

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/endurance/listing?name=EnduranceEventListingPage2

There are currently 4 races between now and June 1 - preparations for any of which would be guaranteed to help those of us who are trying to lose a little weight. :cool:

scorp111

Not much to say here, seem to have leveled off a bit. (which is better than going the wrong way!)

Been on the road for the last two weeks, throws my routine off.

Haven't stepped on a scale in a week :shrug:

As far as those races, I think that would be great. However the only ones going on when I am down there are all the Minnie Weekend events, which for some reason I don't qualify :)

Disneybird

I would love to do a mini-marathon, but it would have to be for walkers. Does Disney have one of those?

As for losing weight, you've all heard the old saying, "I've been on a diet for ??? weeks, and so far all I've lost are ??? weeks." That's me! But I haven't put any weight on either. I've got to get more serious about this.

scorp111

I did venture on to the scale yesterday, just the slightest nudge downward, but that's better than gain!

I still have 13 lbs or so to erase before WDW, and only 7 weeks to do it.

I know I have been adding muscle mass (due to the bowflex) but am not sure how much??:shrug:

My arms and chest are definitely starting to have a shape....:ROFLOL:

TwoTigersMom

Wow, this thread was buried. I had to go 3 pages deep to find it. :lol:

Here's a thought . . . Disney has several races over the course of a year. I am currently signed up for the Everest Race in September, but there are races before then as well. . . and did I mention they are at WDW with WDW swag and prizes?

That sounds inspirational to me. . .

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/endurance/listing?name=EnduranceEventListingPage2

There are currently 4 races between now and June 1 - preparations for any of which would be guaranteed to help those of us who are trying to lose a little weight. :cool:

Not much to say here, seem to have leveled off a bit. (which is better than going the wrong way!)

Been on the road for the last two weeks, throws my routine off.

Haven't stepped on a scale in a week :shrug:

As far as those races, I think that would be great. However the only ones going on when I am down there are all the Minnie Weekend events, which for some reason I don't qualify :)

I'm doing the 5K that day :sohappy:

I would love to do a mini-marathon, but it would have to be for walkers. Does Disney have one of those?

As for losing weight, you've all heard the old saying, "I've been on a diet for ??? weeks, and so far all I've lost are ??? weeks." That's me! But I haven't put any weight on either. I've got to get more serious about this.

The pace for the 5K during Minnie's Marathon weekend is 15 min/mile. It could be walked, a very fast walk, but still a walk :lol: The pace for the half marathon in January is 16 min/mile.

MKCP 1985

Thanks Heidi - your Minnie Run is the soonest upcoming Disney run. You'll have to let us all know how that goes. :)

. . . and what, pray tell, is a Machine-o-Death? :eek:

TwoTigersMom

Thanks Heidi - your Minnie Run is the soonest upcoming Disney run. You'll have to let us all know how that goes. :)

. . . and what, pray tell, is a Machine-o-Death? :eek:

The Machine O' Death's politically correct name is an Arc Trainer.

total_body_arc_trainer.jpg

This is the evil creature that's been forced upon me 3 days a week :ROFLOL:

I just had a bowl of ice cream with peanut butter and chocolate sauce. :)

What? :lookaroun

No pickles?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom