Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm in for June 1. :cool:

oh, and happy new year, wdwmagic! :wave: :ROFLOL:

:sohappy: Just added you.

Um, it would appear that I am one of them? I... think?

:dazzle:

*checks signature* It looks like at least 4 of the 5 people in my sig are at least thinking about running.

OK, I know I'm coming to this thread very late in the game, but could someone indulge me and explain to me about make a wish and the photos?

I'm currently following weight watchers, I need to lose quite a bit to reach goal, and if there's something I can do to help make a wish whil I'm going through this...

I'd say my post 2812 above sums it up about as well as I can. Originally the photos were supposed to be in bathing suits, but we sort of eased that to just about any sort of photo you feel comfortable with.

I plan to go shirtless for my photo in June . . .

. . . but I'm not ready for that yet:lookaroun

. . . which is sort of the point. If you'd be embarrassed to post a photo, work now so you'll be proud of what you post in June.

I'm not sure what else there is to explain.:shrug:

If you're interested, just say so, and I'll add you to my sig.

If you have any questions, let me know.

songbird

so if I am to understand you, then, the idea is that I am supposed to lose weight between now and June, and post a photo of myself in June showing the weight loss. If I make tht pledge now, and follow through with it in June, you will donate $10 to make a wish.

count me in.

MouseMadness

so if I am to understand you, then, the idea is that I am supposed to lose weight between now and June, and post a photo of myself in June showing the weight loss. If I make tht pledge now, and follow through with it in June, you will donate $10 to make a wish.

count me in.

:sohappy: You got it!

Made it 35 minutes today on the treadmill alternating walking/jogging. The ankle gave me NO problems at all... in fact, I felt REALLY good! *thumbs*

So I feel more and more likely to do the half marathon come next January. :)

songbird

so right now I've got a very short term goal, I want to lose 13 pound by the time I get on the plane for WDW -- we're going on 2/28. I'm wondering if I can lose 13 pounds in just over a month, but I'm going to try.

I stopped going to weigh watchers in November -- I'd lost 70 pounds from may 2005 through november 2007 -- and gained back more than a few over the holidays. I'm switching to weight watchers at work, our office has a new session starting on tuesday and I really need to be back on track.

exercise -- I love Leslie sanson's walking workouts, but recently I've been doing a "circuit" I found in a magazine -- Prevention had a "Biggest Loser" issue with success stories fromt eh show, diet tips and an exercise plan.

in the warm weather my coworkers and I like to walk at lunchtime. it was too cold to walk outside today, but there's a small mall nearby, and I did "laps" around the mall for about 20 minutes.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
so right now I've got a very short term goal, I want to lose 13 pound by the time I get on the plane for WDW -- we're going on 2/28. I'm wondering if I can lose 13 pounds in just over a month, but I'm going to try.

I stopped going to weigh watchers in November -- I'd lost 70 pounds from may 2005 through november 2007 -- and gained back more than a few over the holidays. I'm switching to weight watchers at work, our office has a new session starting on tuesday and I really need to be back on track.

exercise -- I love Leslie sanson's walking workouts, but recently I've been doing a "circuit" I found in a magazine -- Prevention had a "Biggest Loser" issue with success stories fromt eh show, diet tips and an exercise plan.

in the warm weather my coworkers and I like to walk at lunchtime. it was too cold to walk outside today, but there's a small mall nearby, and I did "laps" around the mall for about 20 minutes.

I just added you. Sounds like you've got a good plan. My biggest problem is staying motivated and focused. I'm going to try to post on here more often to keep it on my mind.

tigsmom

I do WW at home since the meetings here in town just don't work out for me, time wise. You can lose the weight, but you have to plan well. Use all of your points, but try not to use the extra weekly points (if possible). I find if I rely on them too much I don't lose the way I would like to. Also you have to make sure to get the exercise in. I love Leslie Sansone - I just finished my 2 mile walk with the weighted balls. :sohappy:
I've used different workouts of hers for years and they always keep me motivated. Right now I am using the 5Day Fit Walk (its less than $20 in Target, minus the weights -which are optional). It has 5 different walk/strength training and a walk and kick (walking with kick boxing moves added in).

Don't forget your water, follow the plan and exercise and you should be able to hit your target before you leave.

MouseMadness

Weight loss isn't necessarily my goal anymore, really. I want to workout 5 days a week and eat well, and where ever that puts me, it puts me :shrug:

scorp111

I am now down 9 lbs since January 10th. I still want to lose 16 lbs before my next trip to WDW in late April.(which will exceed my low point last year)

I have been using my elliptical and my bowflex pretty regularly, except I took almost 2 weeks off when I had the flu.

songbird

I haven't had much luck meeting the short term goal -- valentine's day, my birthday and some emotional eating got in the way. but today I bought two new exercise DVD's, and I'm going to get back on track.

MouseMadness

I wish this weather would quit so I could get out and walk again. The one pregnancy where I made a real effort to walk every day was sooooo easy and I recovered so quickly that I am determined to keep in shape this time too.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I am now down 9 lbs since January 10th. I still want to lose 16 lbs before my next trip to WDW in late April.(which will exceed my low point last year)

I have been using my elliptical and my bowflex pretty regularly, except I took almost 2 weeks off when I had the flu.

:sohappy:

I haven't had much luck meeting the short term goal -- valentine's day, my birthday and some emotional eating got in the way. but today I bought two new exercise DVD's, and I'm going to get back on track.

Keep at it. The key is to not let short term set-backs make you throw up your hands and say: "Screw it, I give up."

My goal now is just to not gain more than 30 pounds over the next, oh, 8 months or so :lookaroun

:lol:

Should I take you off the list?:lookaroun

scorp111

Down another 3 lbs this week :)

12 down this year. It does make me feel a little better, because it seemed like my progress had slowed for a couple of weeks.

I am approaching halfway on my short-term goal with 9 weeks before we go to WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom