Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

lilypgirl

There is so much positive buzz about this study today on all media outlets with lots of different people in the know applauding it’s possibilities but since the wdw epidemiologist and research doctors are saying it’s bunk they will have to go back to the drawing board. I hope the Henry Ford team can come back from this.

mwf5555

For the folks who don’t feel it’s necessary to wear a mask in public, I wonder what their reactions would be to having a surgeon who refused to wear a mask or gloves while operating. I’m guessing they wouldn’t be too happy, and yet wearing that equipment is as much about protecting the patient as it is about protecting the physician. Just something to think about.

It’s an analogy I use when I speak to my patients when they tell me they don’t think they need to wear a mask.
I use "why do you wash your hands after the bathroom, before cooking or touching food, cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze? It's called prevention, put on a damn mask!"

mwf5555

This is ridiculous. Hydroxichloriquine‘s benefits and risks are still very much in dispute With different studies showing different things

And there are other studies that say different. There is no scientifically settled position that says it’s is helpful. This is one of those things that non-medical professionals are not going to be able to resolve by posting links.
just like coffee, alcohol, vaccines....

carolina_yankee

There is so much positive buzz about this study today on all media outlets with lots of different people in the know applauding it’s possibilities but since the wdw epidemiologist and research doctors are saying it’s bunk they will have to go back to the drawing board. I hope the Henry Ford team can come back from this.

Sure, it’s great news if it pans out.

One study and experts in the media aren’t the definitive judges. most here are pushing back against the idea that this study is the final word on the topic. There are still many questions.

mwf5555

I don’t know about payroll. All I know is they said if you have the ability to work remotely then do so. Some may have returned to the office that can’t work remotely for whatever reason.
media is controlled by 6 corporations, they will tell you what they WANT you to know at a specific time, probably a positive spin since the citizen morale is so low and need to control the minds of when Trump said it was a good thing, they cannot give him ANY credit during an election year (or any year for that matter)LOL!

techgeek

Word I have out of the meeting is Disney is full steam ahead on opening WDW. D'Amaro has authority to pull the brake if data changes, and that move would be approved by Chapek. But as of today, Disney will open WDW as planned.

Do you have any sense what kind of data would cause a change? Either before opening or that would lead to closing again in the upcoming weeks / months? Is there a specific metric they are sensitive to?

WDW Pro

Do you have any sense what kind of data would cause a change? Either before opening or that would lead to closing again in the upcoming weeks / months? Is there a specific metric they are sensitive to?

Not yet. I'm not privy to the data shared at the meeting. I'm sure they have metrics in place for phases, including temporary closures though.

mwf5555

Word I have out of the meeting is Disney is full steam ahead on opening WDW. D'Amaro has authority to pull the brake if data changes, and that move would be approved by Chapek. But as of today, Disney will open WDW as planned.
when should employees start to worry if they are not called back during furlough?

lilypgirl

I am new to this place so do you mind if I ask how you know what these things? I have a trip planned for the end of July I am hoping that o make.

WDW Pro

when should employees start to worry if they are not called back during furlough?

y you know I just don't know the answer to that one. I guess I would recommend a person in that situation call they're Superior and ask what they think.

Touchdown

Head%2Bon%2Bwall.png

Everyday during this crisis I am reminded of how little the general public understands about science.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom