Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Joesixtoe

If you would rather catch covid like you say, you should seek some professional help in all honesty.
I don't think your understanding what she is trying to say. She doesn't want to catch covid19, she is simply saying you can't run all your life from a disease that's probably not AS bad as we all feared. Just politely debate your opinions, no need to tear people down, that helps zero.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

“I don't agree with your logic but if it you don't wear a mask can you leave me in your will?”

“Masks are essential. It's truly sad some don't feel that way. Hopefully they have their finances and wills in order in case of something happening.”

Is this what you were looking for?

Yes, thank you. I don’t find these hyperbolic statements any more helpful than yours. We should all be able to articulate our positions and disagreements using calm, measured language.

Joesixtoe

Cares act for an extra 600 for unemployment ends july 31st, so cast members would only be able to receive less than $1000 a month at most. So yeah this isn't an easy answer. I understand both sides, but there are many things to consider besides cases are higher shut it down.

Last edited:

chriskbrown

I'm fascinated by all the differences between how states are handling this. Another Biology degree holder here so I have this odd objectivism living through something we studied theoretically. I was shocked at the 50% mask wearing in a hospital clinic because that just wouldn't happen here (far western Chicago suburbs). We've unfortunately gone to many different doctors/hospitals lately, and the procedure is always the same - mask required to go inside, stopped at the entrance to the building where you are given a new mask, temperature taken, and Covid screening questions answered. Stores are pretty much 100% 'mask compliant'. Masks are mandated everywhere indoors though and people have accepted it if they want to shop. This is also one of the reasons why our percent positive is down to 2.6% from a high of 16%. It blows my mind Florida is opening everything up when they are where we were when everything shut down.

Today Chicago joined other states in requiring 14 day self quarantine if you're traveling from multiple states, including Florida. I've been waiting for Pritzker to say the same for all of Illinois for a few days now. While you can't enforce a 14 day quarantine, people's employers can say don't come back to work for 14 days after you get back from your trip. Most people can't take 3 weeks off work for a vacation.
My employer is saying self-quarantine for 14 days if you get on a flight for personal travel. Not enforceable actually.

Miss Bella

I don’t not wear a mask in indoor places or crowded outside spaces ! Again you can wear a mask and still not be petrified of catching covid.
We have a new travel RN working on our COVID unit. She's 78 years old. She's a little firecracker. She runs circles around the twenty-somethings. Despite being in a high-risk group she's fearless. She's my hero, but god I hope I'm not working at age 78.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don’t not wear a mask in indoor places or crowded outside spaces ! Again you can wear a mask and still not be petrified of catching covid.
As long as people follow the requirements I could care less whether they are “brave” or petrified of coivd. Makes no difference. It’s when people say they aren’t scared of a virus so they aren’t going to follow the rules that there’s a problem.

Jrb1979

As long as people follow the requirements I could care less whether they are “brave” or petrified of coivd. Makes no difference. It’s when people say they aren’t scared of a virus so they aren’t going to follow the rules that there’s a problem.
I feel the same. It concerns me when you hear many willing to ignore the quarantine rules.

legwand77

Orange County cases numbers slight tick up but still significantly below same day last week, positivity still in the same 13-18% range for the past two weeks. No reason for Disney to make any change in opening if they haven’t already.

PNG image 2.png

durangojim

For the folks who don’t feel it’s necessary to wear a mask in public, I wonder what their reactions would be to having a surgeon who refused to wear a mask or gloves while operating. I’m guessing they wouldn’t be too happy, and yet wearing that equipment is as much about protecting the patient as it is about protecting the physician. Just something to think about.

It’s an analogy I use when I speak to my patients when they tell me they don’t think they need to wear a mask.

Lilofan

For the folks who don’t feel it’s necessary to wear a mask in public, I wonder what their reactions would be to having a surgeon who refused to wear a mask or gloves while operating. I’m guessing they wouldn’t be too happy, and yet wearing that equipment is as much about protecting the patient as it is about protecting the physician. Just something to think about.

It’s an analogy I use when I speak to my patients when they tell me they don’t think they need to wear a mask.
Best opinion of the day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom