Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

WDW Pro

Head%2Bon%2Bwall.png

Everyday during this crisis I am reminded of how little the general public understands about science.

I give no info that can give away my identity, but I can assure you my degrees suggest I have a handle on science.

WDW Pro

I am new to this place so do you mind if I ask how you know what these things? I have a trip planned for the end of July I am hoping that o make.

I don't really disclose how I get my info. Just know that I revealed the Mary Poppins attraction before its announcement, half day tickets before their announcement, upcoming changes for COVID long before their announcement (and which I was ridiculed for even though now people say they were obvious). I could keep going, but you get the idea. There's a group of trolls that usually harass me in a thread out of ideological reasons, but I try to get reliable info out while still knowing that things often change prior to public launch. Most recently I revealed a committee assigned to changing attractions for racial sensitivity... a week later Splash Mountain had a blue sky doc made public with concept art completed. And I've got a big announcement very soon once I get corroboration on the next attraction getting the axe.

carolina_yankee

It cut the death rate in half. IN HALF. And apparently there are doctors on this board refusing to give it to patients.

Essentially the media in the US largely functions as a political wing in one direction. This is largely due to these outlets being owned by much larger corporations which in turn make big money off of quasi slave labor out of China... and thus they'll root for whoever keeps that cheap labor money coming.

Your credibility here reflects on your credibility for rumors. I know that to you this seems like confirmation of your accuracy, but it isn’t. You have several horses you like to beat. Everything in NY comes down to dirty subways and nursing homes. Everything with corporations comes down to slave labor in China. Every citation of an authority is “hive mentality.” Every study that disagrees with your wish-list bias is ”politically motivated.”

You have all your answers all lined up ready to bat out anytime you need them, but they never address the actual pushback you get.

WDW Pro

Your credibility here reflects on your credibility for rumors. I know that to you this seems like confirmation of your accuracy, but it isn’t. You have several horses you like to beat. Everything in NY comes down to dirty subways and nursing homes. Everything with corporations comes down to slave labor in China. Every citation of an authority is “hive mentality.” Every study that disagrees with your wish-list bias is ”politically motivated.”

You have all your answers all lined up ready to bat out anytime you need them, but they never address the actual pushback you get.

Feel free to push back.

mwf5555

I don't really disclose how I get my info. Just know that I revealed the Mary Poppins attraction before its announcement, half day tickets before their announcement, upcoming changes for COVID long before their announcement (and which I was ridiculed for even though now people say they were obvious). I could keep going, but you get the idea. There's a group of trolls that usually harass me in a thread out of ideological reasons, but I try to get reliable info out while still knowing that things often change prior to public launch. Most recently I revealed a committee assigned to changing attractions for racial sensitivity... a week later Splash Mountain had a blue sky doc made public with concept art completed. And I've got a big announcement very soon once I get corroboration on the next attraction getting the axe.
if i were to guess, it would be country bear jamboree or jungle cruise., leaning towards Jungle Cruise

mwf5555

huh? answered mine just fine...

lilypgirl

Thank you for sharing what you do know.

Touchdown

The medical profession is extremely conservative when it comes to treatments because we take our oath (Above all do no harm) extremely seriously. Every drug has a side effect, and we need to weigh that against the possible treatment. We do not just start treating people based on one study, we only do that after multiple studies show the same effect. Right now plaqunil has 2 studies suggesting it might be effective but multiple that show no effect and others which have been stopped prematurely which (while I can’t say for sure as they havent been published) almost certainly means they saw a negative outcome (increased morbidity and/or mortality.). The FDA was so convinced that this drug could harm people after seeing that data (They get that access) that they stopped the ability of doctors to use this drug.

Does that mean the new study is wrong? Maybe, there is a chance that they saw a coralllation that isn’t true because their sample was not representative of the whole population (which can happen even if you do everything right.). The only way to prove the study is right or wrong is to have other groups attempt to replicate that study elsewhere, if their results are reliable then that will change the concensus, but that takes time.

As of now the FDA feels that it is not appropriate to use hydroxychorolquine as treatment.

Lilofan

They didn't clean the subways for two months. If you can know that and still not go "are you freaking kidding me" then there's nothing I can say.
Your statement of the subways not being cleaned for two months is false. Where did you get your source? MTA executives stated that the MTA's 6,400 subway cars and 5,700 buses are cleaned every three days and every station on a nightly basis during the pandemic.

Last edited:

Lilofan

As someone currently treating people in the hospital I think I may know more then you. I didn’t hope it failed, and for a few months we were using it. We aren’t anymore, in fact to do so outside of a research study is currently unethical and illegal; because multiple studies have suggested a harm to patients, this is one study, it will probably spurn some additional studies to try and replicate it. Just because you got better does not prove the drug works.

People refuse to believe medical professionals and belittle us all the time so don’t worry we’re used to the insults.
Excellent points and thank you for your service. I have family that are RNs in nursing homes and you all are doing a fantastic job.

Oskar

And Magic Feather said your list of at-risk attractions in which you alleged, among other things, that Carousel of Progress would be demolished, was significantly exaggerated and that Splash Mountain’s conversion was the most significant change we would see.

Were they wrong?

Millionaire2K

Delaying the reopening would be dumb from a messaging stand point with regard to how effective the rules are.

The reason we have been told to follow safety rules is because they "work". So if a business can follow and enforce the rules there is no reason to not open as we would be "safe".

If Disney thinks they can't enforce the rules and that's why they need to close, then how could they ever open?

When this started we didn't have any "safety" rules and we needed to develop a plan.

Delaying the open regardless of what is happening in the world would send a message that the rules to keep us safe are BS.

Again, if the rules (mask, 6ft ect..) work, why close if a business can properly enforce the safety measures.

PS, If a specific business can't enforce the rules after they reopen they should be closed (bars, clubs). If Disney opens and is having lots of issues with enforcement, they should close. But to say they must close because OTHERS can't do it right is just DUMB.

MrHappy

I think you’re great, but I just noticed if I read your post in the voice of Comic Book Guy they make more sense to me.

WDW Pro

The medical profession is extremely conservative when it comes to treatments because we take our oath (Above all do no harm) extremely seriously. Every drug has a side effect, and we need to weigh that against the possible treatment. We do not just start treating people based on one study, we only do that after multiple studies show the same effect. Right now plaqunil has 2 studies suggesting it might be effective but multiple that show no effect and others which have been stopped prematurely which (while I can’t say for sure as they havent been published) almost certainly means they saw a negative outcome (increased morbidity and/or mortality.). The FDA was so convinced that this drug could harm people after seeing that data (They get that access) that they stopped the ability of doctors to use this drug.

Does that mean the new study is wrong? Maybe, there is a chance that they saw a coralllation that isn’t true because their sample was not representative of the whole population (which can happen even if you do everything right.). The only way to prove the study is right or wrong is to have other groups attempt to replicate that study elsewhere, if their results are reliable then that will change the concensus, but that takes time.

As of now the FDA feels that it is not appropriate to use hydroxychorolquine as treatment.

hydroxichloriquine is an extremely safe drug except for those who have serious cardiovascular issues. You would know that hydroxichloriquine has been prescribed routinely for fifty years as an antimalarial that is on par with the safety of other completely safe drugs like albuterol. There's just no way you could be a doctor and not know that... I know it just from having a conversation with my general practitioner.

The FDA has said hydroxichloriquine is not appropriate for emergency hospital use, which is what the latest study reinforces. The drug needs to be taken early in the infection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heppenheimer

It cut the death rate in half. IN HALF. And apparently there are doctors on this board refusing to give it to patients.

Most of us who have more experience than you treating patients know not to jump on a single study as definitive proof of any clinical question. Especially when multiple other studies have raised doubts.

That being said, in Britain, they are conducting a pretty large, randomized, placebo controlled trial to see if hydroxychloroquine can prevent infection with COVID-19:

The results of this one will be quite interesting. It has sufficient sample size and randomization to give what should be a pretty definitive answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom