Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

ABQ

Are things improving in Texas? We're slowly but steadily improving here in AZ.
Speaking of which, my GF's aunt (76) has freed up an ICU bed as of last Tuesday and is scheduled for release from the Phoenix Mayo Clinic today. Her bout with Covid required 3 days on a ventilator with up to 40% O2 at its high setting before weaning off.

DisneyCane

Speaking of which, my GF's aunt (76) has freed up an ICU bed as of last Tuesday and is scheduled for release from the Phoenix Mayo Clinic today. Her bout with Covid required 3 days on a ventilator with up to 40% O2 at its high setting before weaning off.
Good to hear. Nice to have some good news reported!

oceanbreeze77

hope recovery is kind to her ❤❤❤

Polkadotdress

When was the first HHN supposed to be? I don't think they would send that message based on the current situation for something that doesn't occur until many weeks from now.

I think it is a message that their crowd levels have not been very good since WDW reopened and they don't think they can sell enough tickets to HHN to make it profitable.

The haunted houses would have to have capacity limits since they are enclosed indoor spaces. Based on the way the fog hangs around, the air is not exactly changed out frequently.

Have you ever been to HHN? The social distancing precaution would be nearly impossible to implement in their houses. And, trying to incorporate a face mask into the Scare Actors' costumes would just take too much away from their overall look. OF course, attendance is also a huge concern.

Miss Bella

Awesome.

schuelma

The fact that 20% less reported deaths is a bad thing? that is astounding. Less poeple dying is not a good thing in your eyes?

First off, numbers typically go down on Friday. I would bet you they are up from last Friday.

Second, I'm talking about your continued insistence that the deaths that are being reported are from weeks ago is a good thing. Its not a good thing!!

DisneyCane

And 698 cases in Orange (today) is reflective of a 15.9% positive rate, which would not be considered doing well.
Unfortunately, they don't (can't) report what day the sample was taken. The daily trends are very hard to draw any conclusions from because they are reports of test results. In the drive through/walk up testing, it can be several days before results are reported. Even then, some labs dump positive results one day and negative results another day. You have to look at seven day average to draw any conclusion.

legwand77

First off, numbers typically go down on Friday. I would bet you they are up from last Friday.

Second, I'm talking about your continued insistence that the deaths that are being reported are from weeks ago is a good thing. Its not a good thing!!
Again never said that, just noting the difference between deaths reported and data of death. That is a much more meaningful data point either way then when deaths are reported.

Reported deaths or actual, Either way proposing a bet that more people will die is kind of a strange thing.

Last edited:

legwand77

For those worried about Disney having to close during the winter flu season/ 2nd wave good news. Looks like with Covid measure, flu is virtually wiped out during Chile's flu season. also could be another reason too.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 12.55.27 PM.png

legwand77

Also things are looking good in the Tampa/Hillsborough County , which is somewhat of a hotspot, worse than Orange county, but not as bad as South FLorida. Also home to a theme park that has been open for around a month and half. And by reports , that theme park is not quite as strict as Disney, with mask and physical distancing.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 1.09.55 PM.png

Jrb1979

They aren't improving. Positive percentage has been the same for a few weeks, cases aren't going down and deaths keep rising. It doesn't matter if they are spread out over a few days, its still the same amount. Measures need to be put in place to get numbers down. Mandatory masks and hefty fines for people who don't comply should be in place.

Miss Bella

They aren't improving. Positive percentage has been the same for a few weeks, cases aren't going down and deaths keep rising. It doesn't matter if they are spread out over a few days, its still the same amount. Measures need to be put in place to get numbers down. Mandatory masks and hefty fines for people who don't comply should be in place.
What if they can’t afford the fines? Jail?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom