Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

legwand77

When did hospitalizations peak or have they? I know there is a lag time with deaths because they can be in the ICU for weeks.
Been pretty steady no significant peak, covid percentage has increased but not in a significant enough way to affect overall capacity that the hospitals have adjusted for. Of course it increased once the hospitals opened back up to the steady level it is now.

The Mom

Premium Member
It was based off of what was said in the speech:
"People making travel arrangements all the over the country, they wanted to be there," Trump said, adding that “I just felt it was wrong to have people going to what turned out to be a hot spot."

Trump cancels in-person Republican convention in Jacksonville, Florida

Two days ago the Sheriff said that he has not gotten the resources needed to provide protection for the convention. The mayor said he would bring the issue before the City council. They considered all of the pros and cons and voted against having the convention.

hopemax

300 labs in FL with 100% positive. Yeah "errors happen."
So speaking of...the CEO of one of the affected labs has responded.

He wrote a letter to the media on June 28th because he was concerned that the State was misrepresenting their lack of negative numbers as the lab's fault, when the state never requested the info until June 8th. But the kicker is, that the CEO also says that they have had more *positive* results than the state has reported.

Here is the letter

Obviously, better data collection, is always the goal. Just be prepared that it works both ways, regarding errors. The FL DOH Dashboard, all of the Dashboards, for better or worse, is what we've got. So people are going to continue to use them.

oceanbreeze77

Two days ago the Sheriff said that he has not gotten the resources needed to provide protection for the convention. The mayor said he would bring the issue before the City council. They considered all of the pros and cons and voted against having the convention.
The big deal is not just in cancelling Jacksonville, they are making the whole event virtual, that's a big deal.

Miss Bella

Been pretty steady no significant peak, covid percentage has increased but not in a significant enough way to affect overall capacity that the hospitals have adjusted for. Of course it increased once the hospitals opened back up to the steady level it is now.
We've been steady. No real increase may be a slight decrease. Of course, I haven't been there since the weekend and I'm not back until this weekend. No one is calling me at 430 am begging me to work so that's a good sign.
Isn't it the case that only about 25% of the patients in Florida hospitals are Covid. I feel like the percentage is a lot higher here, but I work in a hard-hit community. I can't seem to find stats on that.

legwand77

We've been steady. No real increase may be a slight decrease. Of course, I haven't been there since the weekend and I'm not back until this weekend. No one is calling me at 430 am begging me to work so that's a good sign.
Isn't it the case that only about 25% of the patients in Florida hospitals are Covid. I feel like the percentage is a lot higher here, but I work in a hard-hit community. I can't seem to find stats on that.
Been around 20-25% fairly steady , higher in South Florida of course

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom