Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

MickeyMouse10

My post got deleted, but oh well life goes on. :)

Let me rephrase things then. I would love to see the numbers for China when it comes to Covid and the disease that originated in their part of the world. Which they may or may not have played a part in accidentally spreading.

legwand77

Here you go:

Like I said, could , maybe, anecdotal and of course if someone was on a ventilator for months they are going to have a hard to recovering.

rk03221

No we can’t. We need to deal with it the best we can. As most sane people are trying to do.

The “Young“ people need to respect wider society and stop thinking about just themselves. And some not so young too.

I mean yes we younger people aren’t doing our part but neither are older people. Whenever I go to the gas station or grocery shop no one including the elderly are wearing masks. They are the most vulnerable and getting put into the hospitals, they need to share some of the blame too. But it’s America as a whole that isn’t taking it seriously enough

DisneyDebRob

I've never seen so much straw manning and goal post moving in my life. It's like some people here took a course in bad faith arguments.

Why do people with no background in medicine feel they know more than highly trained epidemiologits? It's absurd.
I see your new to the boards, welcome! Let me introduce you to our scientists and doctors here.

If you just double check things here as you go along.. meaning find more then 1 source to back up what they are stating, you can weed them out pretty quickly.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I mean yes we younger people aren’t doing our part but neither are older people. Whenever I go to the gas station or grocery shop no one including the elderly are wearing masks. They are the most vulnerable and getting put into the hospitals, they need to share some of the blame too. But it’s America as a whole that isn’t taking it seriously enough
It’s certainly an “all of us“ thing. It has to be. It’s painful to see any one of any age not respecting the potential dangers for anyone else regardless of age.

MickeyMouse10

Young or old... it doesn't matter. There are.... non sensible people everywhere in the world. Especially in the warmer areas of the country where they like to go out. Unfortunately these.... people could ultimately kill everyone.

legwand77

I've never seen so much straw manning and goal post moving in my life. It's like some people here took a course in bad faith arguments.

Why do people with no background in medicine feel they know more than highly trained epidemiologits? It's absurd.
Well, as shown, hospitalizations have stayed level through the case spike so now we move to the fear of possibility of long term issues

legwand77

One of the largest school districts in the country

“Children may even act as a brake on infection,” Berner told a news conference, saying infections in schools had not led to an outbreak, while the spread of the virus within households was also less dynamic than previously thought.

oceanbreeze77

“Children may even act as a brake on infection,” Berner told a news conference, saying infections in schools had not led to an outbreak, while the spread of the virus within households was also less dynamic than previously thought.

Germany did a fantastic job at mitigation. We failed.

DisneyDebRob

“Berner said the study was representative for the state of Saxony, which has a relatively low rate of infection compared with other parts of Germany.”

You criticize people here for showing links that don’t meet your views, then you post a link done in a town with a unbelievable low rate of infection and think it’s a reliable study. I want it to be but there’s a difference between Saxony, Germany which at last count had 5000 or so cases and a lot of the states. Germany has over 200,000 cases. I’m sure if you did the same study in a far out city of, I don’t know, pick a state with a town with low casescases, it might also work.
I’m not dismissing the study at all, it just would have more importance if it was done, oh I don’t know, say Miami.. Houston.. insert favorite hot spot here.

legwand77

“Berner said the study was representative for the state of Saxony, which has a relatively low rate of infection compared with other parts of Germany.”

You criticize people here for showing links that don’t meet your views, then you post a link done in a town with a unbelievable low rate of infection and think it’s a reliable study. I want it to be but there’s a difference between Saxony, Germany which at last count had 5000 or so cases and a lot of the states. Germany has over 200,000 cases. I’m sure if you did the same study in a far out city of, I don’t know, pick a state with a town with low casescases, it might also work.
I’m not dismissing the study at all, it just would have more importance if it was done, oh I don’t know, say Miami.. Houston.. insert favorite hot spot here.

That is the point

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom