Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Disstevefan1

Also wonder if positivity numbers for the state of Florida might be affected by some labs not reporting negative tests. might skew things a bit.

“I looked at it and it [PanCare] showed 280 positives and zero negatives, and that just came up really fishy because I knew a lot of people who had gone to PanCare and tested negative,” said Ward.

Who knows how many times this happened?

That said, can we trust ANY NUMBERS????

Do we assume the positive count is correct simply because it’s the positive count?

legwand77

“I looked at it and it [PanCare] showed 280 positives and zero negatives, and that just came up really fishy because I knew a lot of people who had gone to PanCare and tested negative,” said Ward.

Who knows how many times this happened?

That said, can we trust ANY NUMBERS????

Do we assume the positive count is correct simply because it’s the positive count?
If it is anything, it means positivity probably lower, don't think it is malicious just shows you have to look at the whole picture.

BASS

I'm at the point where I no longer care to dispute whether it's not a big deal (a common cold!) or something super deadly.

The fact is, everyone wants to return to normal. That is not in dispute. The quickest way we can do that is to get the numbers down so that businesses, stores, etc. have the confidence to reopen. Until those numbers become manageable, we're simply prolonging the agony and recovery. I wish we'd all suffer through these masks, social distancing, etc. for a few months and hopefully put this to rest (or as close to that as possible) so we can all go on with our lives and do the things that bring each of us enjoyment.

Ldno

Did they just re closed Honk Kong Disneyland because of covid? Saw it somewhere on my newsfeed today but don’t know if it’s official yet. Probably would happen in Florida but who knows.

WDW Pro

Just curious, but what would have to happen for this to be the case? What is "100% necessary"?

Outside of the government calling for it? One of the big three in the company making the decision. This is the world we live in now.

Germany did a fantastic job at mitigation. We failed.

Unfortunately that's not the way viruses work. You can mitigate, but the virus is still there. The only solutions are herd immunity (might not work if fast mutations), vaccine (might not work if fast mutations), or the virus loses potency over time. Until you reach those points, there's no finish line where you win.

chrisvee

Germany did a fantastic job at mitigation. We failed.
Exactly. The article goes on to say:

Berner said the study was representative for the state of Saxony, which has a relatively low rate of infection compared with other parts of Germany.

For other states with low infection rates, the study suggests schools could be reopened without causing widespread outbreaks of the virus, he said.

Not too many states in US meet that criterion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom