Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Adding on, it's also causing long-term issues in young populations. This isn't always a life-or-death conversation as many try to suggest. This can cause serious issues in young populations that will permanently alter their way of life. They'll survive, yes, but they may never be the same again. That's a fact so many seem to forget or overlook.

I don't think people overlook that, because it does happen, just that the overall risk is still extremely low. Please note: this comment does not have anything to do with the way I feel about mitigation efforts.

HongKongFooy

The parks are also not following CDC guidance as the CDC guidance for opening was not “open anything as long as you do x, y, and z” but is based on metrics that are absolutely not being met at the moment.

Curious here.........

So you're telling us WDW is not in compliance with CDC directives.......care to specifically tell us about those deficient metrics?

trainplane3

We can go in circles but the young people (especially under 45) are at very low risk of anything more serious than they experience with a bad cold or a case of the flu.

I had bacterial pneumonia when I was 13 so there are other serious illnesses that young people can contact.
Sure, I'm low risk. I feel like if I were to get it, I'd be fine. But what about my parents? They're in their 60's. What about my neighbor that was recently diagnosed as having their immune system attacking their lungs? (can't recall the name) Their doctor said they wouldn't live through it, even if they were put on a ventilator.

"Just stay away from others" isn't a good enough excuse sometimes. If you don't know you have it, then you don't know who you're giving it to.

Just because I'd be fine doesn't mean others will be. People need to start thinking about others. It's not just about me it's about us.

lazyboy97o

I don't think people overlook that, because it does happen, just that the overall risk is still extremely low. Please note: this comment does not have anything to do with the way I feel about mitigation efforts.
That risk is simply not known. There is growing evidence that symptoms do not correlate to the toll that the virus takes on one’s body.

DisneyDebRob

Adding on, it's also causing long-term issues in young populations. This isn't always a life-or-death conversation as many try to suggest. This can cause serious issues in young populations that will permanently alter their way of life. They'll survive, yes, but they may never be the same again. That's a fact so many seem to forget or overlook.
It’s a very convenient fact they overlook to push the”elderly are the only ones in danger” agenda. It’s just not true and is repeated here daily.

legwand77

Because long term cases are an outlier, and rare.

DisneyCane

Source? There can't be long term studies on a disease that has only been around for 7 months. I highly doubt the asymptomatic young people will have any long term effects to deal with.

oceanbreeze77

Source? There can't be long term studies on a disease that has only been around for 7 months. I highly doubt the asymptomatic young people will have any long term effects to deal with.
I agree its too early to completely understand longterm effects but here's some

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Phew. That’s okay then.

or:

Scary stuff:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom