Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

seascape

WDW should close down again and build some temporary football fields and become the bubble location for the NFL. In fact until there is a vaccine all major sports should have a safe location and WDW is the only site in the US that has the land, hotels and transportation system capable of isolating sports.

mickeymiss

WDW should close down again and build some temporary football fields and become the bubble location for the NFL. In fact until there is a vaccine all major sports should have a safe location and WDW is the only site in the US that has the land, hotels and transportation system capable of isolating sports.

I'm not asking this to be snarky. Why do sports need to resume at all if recreation for everyone else can't? If we start closing life down again then it should include celebs and sports. Talk about non essential (Ducks for cover)

DisneyDebRob

I'm not asking this to be snarky. Why do sports need to resume at all if recreation for everyone else can't? If we start closing life down again then it should include celebs and sports. Talk about non essential (Ducks for cover)
No need to duck.
I think it provides people with some normalcy. Being opened safely, no people in the stands, testing constantly, being kept in bubbles for the most part. Let’s people enjoy something while at home or wherever with some enjoyment.
If you don’t like sports or don’t care about them I can understand your feelings. For others it’s a little bit like being back to normal. Besides all of that, it’s a big money maker with tv contracts and such so money does play a big role.

seascape

Sports provide needed entertainment. The public needs a distraction because staying at home with nothing to do is extremely detrimental to the mental health of everyone.

HongKongFooy

In fact until there is a vaccine all major sports should have a safe location and WDW is the only site in the US that has the land, hotels and transportation system capable of isolating sports.

No

((Unless players and their team's front office personnel, TV stations and other major financial beneficiary forfeit 98% or with a cap of $200k of their salary to fund all things Corona.))

If the small guy has to shut then the big guy has to shut as well

Parker in NYC

OK fine. Admit you're paranoid about it. You're not the only one and won't be the last. I have my own about this thing. I think a lot of people do. So much back and forth in the media. Lots of sensationalist headlines. I've been saying for weeks that the only thing anyone is sure of is the no one is sure of anything. So for me, despite my own level of anxiety I've decided to put my trust in the experts that believe 6 feet and masks are reasonably safe. I'll go to places that enforce it and leave places that don't and so far I haven't gotten sick. If the theme parks enforce it I'll feel safe there too. And if they don't in certain situations it is my option to leave that area.

My point in the thread was I don't care if cases are surging in Levy, Miami-Dade, Walton or even Orange county FL with the context of the theme parks. The theme parks have opened following all of the CDC recommended guidelines for doing so. If you or anyone else doesn't trust the CDC guidelines or any theme parks ability to enforce it, then you be you and do what you have to do. I just don't believe that any business, Disney, UO, or the local Outback Steakhouse, should be forced to close in spite of the fact they opened within the guidelines provided to them to do so. Under those guidelines we as individuals make own own decisions what we feel comfortable with or not.

I can think of other reasons the local Outback Steakhouse should be forced to close. :hungover:

BlackCauldron

No. I doubt it plays into their decision making at all.

Tend to agree. Looks like this was a government decision. They are limiting groups of more than 4, closing schools, etc. Unless they get a similar directive in FL (and I doubt that will happen) I don’t think they would make the unilateral decision to close. Not when the other theme parks are still open.

mickeymiss

Sports provide needed entertainment. The public needs a distraction because staying at home with nothing to do is extremely detrimental to the mental health of everyone.

Bummer. TV and sports don't cut it for me. I'm really suffering mentally but all of my outlets are out in the world. I was counting on most things being able to open if they prioritize safety.

MuteSuperstar

I love sports and miss them, but for me personally there's never a shortage of things to do at home. Whether menial home chores or some of the inexhaustible means of entertainment we have at our disposal.

mickeymiss

Give me golf and football and I may stay in my house forever. With a Disney trip sprinkled in .🙂

I understand the differing feelings people have about it but hot diggity dog Disney is my #1 happy place. Nothing compares or ever will. I looked forward to this in ways that can never be described. It's just a true fact. 😍🌴😎

MickeyMouse10

Only way Disney will shut it down is if they are not making enough money.

If heaven forbid they have to though they won't admit it is because of finances. Disney will try to look good and just pretend like they are doing it for health and safety.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom