Votes: 34 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 68 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jasonflz

Original Poster
No.

It's dry, dull, boring and sounds like one giant advertisement. When IN PARK and ON AN ATTRACTION one should not have commercials for other attractions. It loses the magic and the whimsy of the in park "world" and puts far too much "reality" and bad sales and marketing into what should be a fun ride.

Taking out the silly - but cute - "jokes" like Mr. Tom Morrow, the "arms, legs and other appendages" and such out, loses some of the spirit of what's so fun about Disney attractions.

They could easily have updated it without making it so boring and dull.

Well said. I have a feeling this whole thing will play out like SGE.

ryno1982

To be fair, the PeopleMover was always designed to be a sort of preview for all the attractions in Tomorrowland. And they are not advertisements, they are explanations of what everything is. The one thing I like about the new narration is that it mentions the Carousel of Progress, which is basically the heart of the entire land.

SirGoofy

No.

It's dry, dull, boring and sounds like one giant advertisement. When IN PARK and ON AN ATTRACTION one should not have commercials for other attractions. It loses the magic and the whimsy of the in park "world" and puts far too much "reality" and bad sales and marketing into what should be a fun ride.

Taking out the silly - but cute - "jokes" like Mr. Tom Morrow, the "arms, legs and other appendages" and such out, loses some of the spirit of what's so fun about Disney attractions.

They could easily have updated it without making it so boring and dull.

Well said. Completely agree. I've heard more exciting pre-recorded spiels on Greyhound bus tours. They have swapped a fun backstory for a commercial. Free Tom Morrow!!

Well said. I have a feeling this whole thing will play out like SGE.

I guess you all would have hated the people mover for the first 24 years of operation then. Because that's what it was.

And you do realize the storyline of it being the city's public transportation is still there, right?

Jasonflz

Original Poster
I guess you all would have hated the people mover for the first 24 years of operation then. Because that's what it was.

And you do realize the storyline of it being the city's public transportation is still there, right?

Seeing videos of the old one, yes I did. The narrator was awful.

As for the story-line, it has been so chopped apart with the narration there is no point even bothering with a transportation system theme.

hpyhnt 1000

Seeing videos of the old one, yes I did. The narrator was awful.

As for the story-line, it has been so chopped apart with the narration there is no point even bothering with a transportation system theme.

Exactly. In all honesty, the only real part of this narration that solidifies the transit/transportation theme is the temporary SM spiel. :brick:

Mansion Butler

I didn't like the old one that much, either. I didn't hate it, I was mostly just ambivilent. I'll be pretty ambivilent about this one, as well, but it is definitely worse and kind of sucky.

I DO like it talking about the attractions as it goes by, though. I just don't necessarily like the characters or the delivery.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Exactly. In all honesty, the only real part of this narration that solidifies the transit/transportation theme is the temporary SM spiel. :brick:

Yep. Even worse, all of the references not involved with TL are gone. The whole theme of the park is dead. Might as well change SM to Stitch Mountain because that's what the land is going to be.

lilredfoxie

I happen to like it, Its more relaxing than the previous incarnation. Could we be seeing a retro revival in Tomorrowland like we did in Epcot?

MickeyDent

I personally love it. When I was a small child, the WEDway Peoplemover was one of my favorites. I moved from Florida in 1987 and when I returned the rehab of Tomorrowland had already taken place. The spiel the was on TTA was horrible. It turned what was one of my favorite attractions from an overview of Tomorrowland into a cheesy joke of it's former self.

I love the new narration on TTA. It is a wonderful throwback to the WEDway Peoplemover.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
I happen to like it, Its more relaxing than the previous incarnation. Could we be seeing a retro revival in Tomorrowland like we did in Epcot?

I hope not. Regular guests will be calling it lame.

Personally, I don't want to see that boring, 70's Tomorrowland return. The current one is so much better.

lazyboy97o

I do not like the delivery. I never visited in the ORAC-1 days but, listening to that audio, I am not a fan of that either. Was not a big fan of the previous narration either though...

dxwwf3

Well, they don't like it now.

Guess that means only one thing:

Rocket Rods.

:shrug:

I wish I had the chance to experience that. The themeing and the story of that attraction were fantastic, not to mention the original song as well. If they hadn't been so cheap with it and would have taken the time to do it right, that attraction would still be running today.

magicmaya

I wish I had the chance to experience that. The themeing and the story of that attraction were fantastic, not to mention the original song as well. If they hadn't been so cheap with it and would have taken the time to do it right, that attraction would still be running today.

It was a really fun ride but If broke down every hour!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom