TTA narration

• Yes

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 68 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Morrow

^ The general consensus seems to be that people are most upset about losing the "bing-Bing-BING! Now approaching: ___ " announcements and the cheesy jokes. I do understand that the ride descriptions needed some work... doesn't mean they had to get rid of all the things people liked.

DisneyJunkie

I just got back from a week in WDW. I was able to ride the TTA twice......about 2-3 days apart, though. The first time it was the normal narration, and the second time there was something playing that I figured was maybe a temp narration because the other was down for whatever reason. I didn't realize that it was a whole new narration.

I hate the new one. I like hearing "paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow....." and the "Tomorrowland Traffic Report" and hearing about the "promise of tomorrow".

So Space Mountain isn't complete...

... its not like once it opens, the script and voice actor will suddenly not be completely generic and uninspired.

No your probably right, but we dont know for certain. The fact that its not open leaves room for the chance that when they put in the space mountain spiel, they might spruce up the audio as a whole. They wont change it though, they have it already in place.

C&D

While the new spiel certainly sounds lacking, I'll have to wait to see for myself; fortunately it won't be too long (November). It sure seems that the new voices lack that Disney 'character' all of their great music and narrations provide.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
True, but I'm not sure I would call the last narration "inspired".

I'll hold out and see what it looks lie when the Mountain opens back up.

But at least it was original. This one seems to be a talking guide book with more product placement with-in. I also doubt SM re-opening will do much to change the script.

^ The general consensus seems to be that people are most upset about losing the "bing-Bing-BING! Now approaching: ___ " announcements and the cheesy jokes. I do understand that the ride descriptions needed some work... doesn't mean they had to get rid of all the things people liked.

EXACTLY!!! You hit the nail on the head. If they find a way to bring some of the original elements back I will personally will be fine with the narration.

In fact, if they combine this narrator, the old narrator, and that woman's voice I will say that this is even better than the previous narration.

EPCOT Explorer

So Space Mountain isn't complete...

... its not like once it opens, the script and voice actor will suddenly not be completely generic and uninspired.
No, but it might make the new TTAP (yes, adding a P! :D ) fit into TL better.

And seeing that work is ongoing in one, it can go on in the other. ;)

Hi, lighting...

Why? What's the point?

Here is the demographic of these TTA threads as I see it:

15% support
35% wait and see
20% critical evaluation
30% crazy

Considering threads like these and the other TTA thread are frontloaded with crazy, by the time I would get to any critical evaluation all credibility relating to the topic is lost.

To put it another way, people are complaining about the loss of a narration that told you about Buzz Lightyear while you were staring at a lady getting her hair done. That should tell everyone that the previous narration wasn't that great.

I haven't heard the new one. I make a point to experience things first hand before I judge them, so I don't have an opinion on the new one. I do know that the previous one wasn't the theme-glue that everyone thinks it was.
Your opinion, and I agree.

However, Disney should be able to se the level headed opinions in a mix of the insane ones, and act on them. Like mine. And yours. :)

Jasonflz

Original Poster
We might be loosing the sci fi theme and going back to a sleek TL in the future.

Just sayin'.:lookaroun

:cry: No offense, but I hope not. At the moment, we have the best looking TL.

(and definitely the most original)

I personally don't like the whole "sleek future" look. I hate to say it but TL looked boring in the 70's-90's.

imagineer boy

:cry: No offense, but I hope not. At the moment, we have the best looking TL.

(and definitely the most original)

I personally don't like the whole "sleek future" look. I hate to say it but TL looked boring in the 70's-90's.

I agree, I love the look of the avenue of the planets. Its just so cool and retro yet futuristic looking. And at night, its beautiful. I think Paris is a close second.

I agree, I love the look of the avenue of the planets. Its just so cool and retro yet futuristic looking. And at night, its beautiful. I think Paris is a close second.

WDW tomorrowland although beautiful at night has gone way down hill in quality the past few years (actually more than that) with the loss of timekeeper and AE the "NEW" tomorrowland we knew of was slowly changing. Its now almost a dumping ground, although visual theming may be nice, its lost its attractions, and therefore atmosphere. Id have to give it to paris as well, actually experiencing it first hand (the discovery aspect of it) intrigued me.

Uponastar

Heard it for the first time today.
Do not like it at all. It sounds like nothing more than a commercial for Tomorrowland.
Boring.
It has lost all of its charm.
It's only saving grace was the usage of the term PeopleMover.

b94ronman

here until Sunday - have to say I Rode it twice today & was hoping it was just a temporary thing until space mtn opens - it reminds me of watching channel 18 on the resort tv..... the voice guy is just cheesy. I hope they go back to the original- I miss mr Tom morrow!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom