Votes: 68 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Animaniac93-98

Well, they don't like it now.

Guess that means only one thing:

Rocket Rods.

:shrug:

Yes, with banked curves and superior effects for the indoor portions. Where to put the Progress City model you ask? In CoP of course.

All we need to do now is figure out a place to put the huge queue required.

EPCOT Explorer

No, and just because it feels very out of place in the Tomorrowland "city" that we currently enjoy.

If the rest of TL were to change to this, I would be happy.

I do miss the chime and the voice, though.

Sure. Knowing we haven't heard all of it, and the fact it once again unifies Tomorrowland, I think it's pretty good.
How did the old one not unify it?

SirGoofy

How did the old one not unify it?

Because half the narration was taken out, and half the Tland attractions were not mentioned.

The transportation system theme is still there, and it now gives a much more cohesive feel. Win, win.

People are having conniptions because there's characters in it now. And everyone knows characters=bad.:rolleyes:

EPCOT Explorer

Because half the narration was taken out, and half the Tland attractions were not mentioned.

The transportation system theme is still there, and it now gives a much more cohesive feel. Win, win.

People are having conniptions because there's characters in it now. And everyone knows characters=bad.:rolleyes:
True, but to me, the general mood and presentation of Tomorrowland that the TTA provided made up for that.

Yes, the Trans feel is still there, but not in reference to the part of TL that's a city or community of the future, something that should not have been lost.

My only real gripe with it.:shrug:

I would prefer the old one of course, but this new one ain't bad.

WDW Vacationer

True, but to me, the general mood and presentation of Tomorrowland that the TTA provided made up for that.

Yes, the Trans feel is still there, but not in reference to the part of TL that's a city or community of the future, something that should not have been lost.

My only real gripe with it.:shrug:

I would prefer the old one of course, but this new one ain't bad.

They will be tweaking it.;)

Hrudey3032

I wonder how many here who have voted have actually rode it.I for one am withholding judgement until I actually ride it.

Cmdr_Crimson

It has it's moments and reminds me of ORAC-1 but with the addition of the voices in places that haven't heard anything was good. Bret Iwan's Voice of Mickey seemed to High and also that the male voice mentions the Peoplemover while the Female mentions The TTA..

panther726

I hope not. Regular guests will be calling it lame.

Personally, I don't want to see that boring, 70's Tomorrowland return. The current one is so much better.

Yeah, because regular guest just hated it before.:rolleyes:
Yeah! Why would we ever want characters in a Disney park?:rolleyes:

Seriously though, people can't even embrace change on the TTA. Which, to the regular guest, think nothing of.
You obvously know somthing I don't.:shrug:

You sure?
Well seeing that there are 2 minutes of silence and the woman's spiel of the SM update, I'd say it's a good, educated guess.;)

Tom Morrow

NO. Its absolutely horrible.

I am by no means someone that automatically hates every new change, but this is so shockingly bad. I can't believe so many of you are fine with it.

- Why did they use the same generic voice from SE's horrible flash cartoon ending?
- Why did they take out the voice and sound effects that DEFINED TOMORROWLAND???
- Why did they turn it into nothing more than an advertisement for the other attractions?
- Why did they throw the theme of the TTA being a transportation system through a "working city" away?
- Why do they think we need to have the characters jammed down our throat on every ride? To those of you defending this change, I don't think you really "get" what WDW is about. The majority of the most famous and successful Disney attractions of the past did NOT have Disney characters in them. Why do they feel the need to insert them into rides that worked JUST FINE?

I wonder how many here who have voted have actually rode it.I for one am withholding judgement until I actually ride it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EnR8fxcs4

There, you rode it.

DisneyMusician2

Responses in this thread and the other bolster my theory why Disney does not listen to fan's complaints.

I agree. The TTA was always about the rides, and they let it fall into serious mediocrity by not updating as the land did.

Some people (not all who don't enjoy it, but some) simply can't understand change in WDW at all I think, even when it was necessary and, in my opinion, good.

jakeman

I agree. The TTA was always about the rides, and they let it fall into serious mediocrity by not updating as the land did.

Some people (not all who don't enjoy it, but some) simply can't understand change in WDW at all I think, even when it was necessary and, in my opinion, good.
It's really not even the opinion itself.

I have no issue with people not liking it. It is just the way it is being expressed.

For everyone one person who constructively details why they don't like it, we seem to have at least one overeaction. Heck, there is even a comparision to suicide in the other thread.

I think that would make any executive that is on fanboy monitoring duty to throw up their hands and turn off the computer.

gettingsmaller

Some people say "it unifies TL--at least it mentions current attractions".
Others say "it sounds like a commercial".

Here's my take:
WDW is about immersing you in this world of fun and fantasy, isn't it? The old spiel maintained that. The new one reminds you that you are in a theme park looking at attractions and stores.

One more thing: The announcer is too... 'weak'. As someone else mentioned, the female Space Mountain voice would be superior to this guys voice. Nothing against the guy personally. He has a great voice for other things, but I don't think TTA is a good fit.

Tom Morrow

^ Exactly.

If they used the female voice for the entire ride, even with this terrible script, it would improve 300%. They can keep the character voices, but the voice needs to sound futuristic, and the announcements need to be brief.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom