Do the forums ever ruin your Disney experience

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Most of the time I like these forums but it also reminded me of some things I forgot about or didnt notice that I now miss LOL.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
These forums enrich my WDW experience significantly.

I've learned more here than I could in decades of visits. I've met, and am looking forward to meeting, some fantastic friends through contacts initiated here. A few have become friends "beyond Disney" IRL.

I never feel disappointed when someone mentions something I haven't done, it just gets added to my to-do list for the next trip. :king:

jakeman

Nope!

On one hand, my wife and I will laugh at some of the things folks complain about here once we get to the parks and actually see it. Our favorite line is, "According to the boards we are supposed to hate this."

On the other, and much more important, the amount of information and insight we've gathered over the years has really helped us enjoy our vacation more.

Kirk88

These forums actually made our trip much more enjoyable! As a matter of fact.....WE'RE HEADED BACK NEXT WEEK!

Toveck

I think the biggest negative thing for me is that some of the things that get complained about on here might be things I would never have noticed if I was just too busy taking it all in, but since I know about it, I see more.

On the other hand, the amount of knowledge and experiences I've learned about on here have more than made up for any negatives and help to make each trip that much more enjoyable.

mickeysshoes

For the most part NO...I am learning things here on these boards that would take a very long time to learn in the World. There are thing I dont want to know about so I just stay away from those threads. I want the expansion to be a total surprise so I dont read about it.

erasure fan1

Never ruins it for me either. I think that a lot of people use the forums to vent sometimes (my self included) because they want to see the parks better themselves and we all know Disney, for the most part, isnt listening. Ive experienced things that I might not have normally based on what all of you have said.

Spike-in-Berlin

Never ever, I am very glad that I found WDWmagic years ago and it changed my next trip positively because I got a lot of useful tips from the other members.
Just yesterday I tried to remember how it was in the 80ies and early 90ies. I absolutely no possibility to get informations about what was going on in the parks, I remember that when I went to the World in 1991 all I knew about the changes was that there was a third park now, Disney MGM-Studios, because it had been mentioned in the German media. There was no other source and the media coverage of WDW in Germany meant about one or two features in the news etc. every few YEARS!
Thanks to the internet and sites like WDWmagic, I know everything that is going on there and can stay in touch with wonderful people (and obviously also some far less wonderful but perhaps inescapable ones) that share my love for the magic of the World.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I can see what you are saying. Take Splash Mountain for example. Would a once every 2 years, type traveler really notice all those broken effects. Probably not. So I can see the ignorance is bliss argument.

I however, want these problems being noticed and called out. If we continue to let Disney slide on these kind of things, because we would rather just close our eyes and enjoy the ride, then we will continue down a slope to mediocrity. And is mediocrity really where we want to be?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The internet, this form in particular, has increased my enjoyment of the parks and Disney in an immeasurable way. When I joined this forum I thought I knew Disney pretty well. I was sorely mistaken. I learned so much in that first year that going back to WDW was like seeing it again for the first time. I am still learning new things about WDW to this day. I can honestly say that WDWMagic has changed my life in an incredibly positive way.

LilSuzy

I agree with the comment about thinking you know Disney. Being a former cast member you think you know most things about Disney...nope...just in the last month since I joined WDWmagic I have already learned so much! I can't wait to learn more!:)

Spike-in-Berlin

I can see what you are saying. Take Splash Mountain for example. Would a once every 2 years, type traveler really notice all those broken effects. Probably not. So I can see the ignorance is bliss argument.

I however, want these problems being noticed and called out. If we continue to let Disney slide on these kind of things, because we would rather just close our eyes and enjoy the ride, then we will continue down a slope to mediocrity. And is mediocrity really where we want to be?

Exactly. I am quite sure that without the HUGE and controversial discussions here and on other fansites about the first version of the FLE-project they would have built their sub-par "Princess and Pixies-Land" instead of the much improved present version. Disney definitely seems to follow discussions in the net among his fanbase .

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Exactly. I am quite sure that without the HUGE and controversial discussions here and on other fansites about the first version of the FLE-project they would have built their sub-par "Princess and Pixies-Land" instead of the much improved present version. Disney definitely seems to follow discussions in the net among his fanbase .

You're cleverness knows no bounds.

Besides, your example is not relevant to anything myself or the OP said.

sublimesting

Never, as a matter of fact it makes me feel closer to Disney and is sort of like Disney at home for me. Plus I like the fact that at any given moment there are people on this forum at Disney. We get instant updates AND I feel I am vicariously at Disney myself.

jlevis

Ruin my experience? No, the only one who can do that is me. One thing I've noticed about the forum, and I think it is true in general, is that the majority focus on the negative. That is not all bad, as long as the information gets to someone who can do something about it. There is nothing wrong with griping about Splash Mountain here but make sure that management hears about it. I've done Splash Mountain many, many times. The last time was in April and it was with my 6 y/o grandson, his first time. I'll never forget the look of joy on his face as we plunged down the flume. That's what will make my experience in September when we ride it again. Let's get the rides working properly, as they should be. But, I'm not going to let words written here make or break my experience.

foreverbelle

I think it can depend, I try to take what some say for a grain of salt. I find myself saying, really are they complaining about that??? And is that going to really stop me from having a great time? If a light bulb is broken, is that going to make me not return. Nope..not at all.

On the other hand, I have found out so much from this site, and I have learned so much, and for the most part, this site only makes me more excited to go and enhances my experience, I just read the post about secrets of the Haunted Mansion and now am dying to go back so I can notice all the little things that I would have missed if I hadn't read it.

powlessfamily4

This forum has brought me smile after smile. I enjoy Disney more than ever before. I also like all of the different personalities and quirks of the members. (self included) We all have likes and dislikes... what is no big deal to some has a huge impact on others. You have to appreciate and respect those differences. It is good we can all share and express views about our common interests. DISNEY!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom