DLR 3rd gate possibilities

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh, I'm taking into account the entire picture. On site parking is a luxury that isn't going to be returning to cast members ever again. There is no on-site parking even for park guests. Disney has overflow options like Anaheim Stadium and Gardenwalk.

On most operating days (let me clarify- not all) cast member parking is a non-issue.
I don’t think you actually are. Because Anaheim wants Disney to stop using overflow lots. Darkbeer provided a good summary of where things are and why certain things are happening.

Darkbeer1

Disney has stopped using GardenWalk. The Convention Center lots are not as available as much as in the past due to more events being held in the facility.

As for Angel Stadium and the Honda Center, those lots should be changing in the near future, and also might not be as available as in the past.

Currently the City has Disney at a negative parking space number. I wish I could post it, let's just say it is not small.

TROR

So your saying just because some parts of So Cal might have more mild weather than Central Florida that a water park won't be needed ??? :rolleyes:😂😂

TROR

Still hotter on average than most places up north regardless. The poster was trying to say the entirety of So Cal has the same weather which is not the case.
I don't think we've had more than two days, if that, over 100 here in LA.

One of the biggest things nobody here has seemed to mention is that, when it does get incredibly hot, here in SoCal we don't need water parks because we have the beach lining our beautiful coast. Go down to Santa Monica, to Malibu, to Venice, to La Jolla. Make a day out of it. No need to spend $100 per ticket on a family of four when you can relax on the sand.

truecoat

I don't think we've had more than two days, if that, over 100 here in LA.

One of the biggest things nobody here has seemed to mention is that, when it does get incredibly hot, here in SoCal we don't need water parks because we have the beach lining our beautiful coast. Go down to Santa Monica, to Malibu, to Venice, to La Jolla. Make a day out of it. No need to spend $100 per ticket on a family of four when you can relax on the sand.

Too bad they don't have those in Florida.

Kramerica

It’s because you didn’t familiarize yourself enough with this forum before posting in it. In the old days this was called “lurk more.” Unfortunately this kind of behavior has became rarer over time as social media has become more influential and traditional forums have become less so.

Lurker here! I've been here a very long time and seldom actually interact. But hey guys! I'm watching!

It Is What It Is

Has this been talked about before?
First, good for you raising the topic. Even if it gets discussed every so often, those who offer up the snarky, 'omg, do you we need this again?', to them, don't participate in the thread.

I would very surprised if the Toy Story parking lot was being considered for a third gate. My reasoning is that Disney would have acquired Gardenwalk if there were plans for a third gate there. The philosophy of keeping guests on property, it doesn't work with the Toy Story lot.

The only reasonable suggestion I have seen is if the Angels baseball team relocates to a stadium elsewhere, and that Anaheim leases that land to Disney. A decent sized park would fit there, and probably a hotel or two also.

I think a third gate is very low on the list of priorities for Disney. I think a fifth gate would be added at WDW before one at Disneyland. Even a fifth at WDW would be low on the list in my opinion.

DanielBB8

Disney is better off using the Legoland model. Buy up a struggling park and remake it as the third park. I can think of SeaWorld in San Diego as the perfect park for such an endeavor, but it needs to buy the chain of 3 or 4 parks. Disney will instantly have 3 parks in Southern California, 5 parks in Orlando, and 1 park in Texas. It will have to transition out of owning marine animals eventually. Maybe too late anyways if SeaWorld goes private (as the current rumor).

The problem with opening more parks is Disney still haven't fully realized it's potential with its existing parks. Disneyland/DCA and Disney World's 4 parks are still not fully built out. Each park except for the main park has enough space for many more attractions and rides. They should invest billions more. Epcot, DHS, and Animal Kingdom should each add 10 more attractions. Disneyland Resort has so much open space for hotels and attractions, it's like what are they waiting for? Maybe wait for another city council that will screw them over or they sabotage their IP land by doing sequel spin-off or going WOKE with their IP properties. What happens will happen at Disney.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Disney is better off using the Legoland model. Buy up a struggling park and remake it as the third park. I can think of SeaWorld in San Diego as the perfect park for such an endeavor, but it needs to buy the chain of 3 or 4 parks. Disney will instantly have 3 parks in Southern California, 5 parks in Orlando, and 1 park in Texas. It will have to transition out of owning marine animals eventually. Maybe too late anyways if SeaWorld goes private (as the current rumor).

The problem with opening more parks is Disney still haven't fully realized it's potential with its existing parks. Disneyland/DCA and Disney World's 4 parks are still not fully built out. Each park except for the main park has enough space for many more attractions and rides. They should invest billions more. Epcot, DHS, and Animal Kingdom should each add 10 more attractions. Disneyland Resort has so much open space for hotels and attractions, it's like what are they waiting for? Maybe wait for another city council that will screw them over or they sabotage their IP land by doing sequel spin-off or going WOKE with their IP properties. What happens will happen at Disney.
Does anyone think Disney will NOT find a way to make Port Disney
I loved the idea but sadly it never came to be and I would love it to happen

DanielBB8

Does anyone think Disney will NOT find a way to make Port Disney
I loved the idea but sadly it never came to be and I would love it to happen
Just visit Tokyo DisneySea. The best non-castle Disney park in the world. Port Disney in Long Beach already moved on. Long Beach just found a vendor to remake the whole area and renovate the Queen Mary. Plus Carnival Cruiseline will remake the former Spruce Goose hangar as a passenger terminal.

I think the East idea has been raised from the dead! Too much money has been invested in that land! And now the Angeles baseball team are leaving! For those that don't realize the Amtrak trains run right behind the stadium parking lot! I would move most general parking here next to trains buses and freeway access! I see a hotel and water park! A long tunnel for Harbor boulevard. Then a fourth park like a Disney Studios. Take that small area in DCA that is kinda a studio area and make it more super hero area. Thats my 2 cents master plan

As for the Queen Mary last I heard she is rusting away faster than expected. Disney cruise line is coming to the west coast to do Mexico, Hawaii, and Alaska with two ships. Disney wants that port next to the QM for Disney only! Long Beach said no. Disney said what if we help fix up the QM and the area take over operations and run it. Last I heard Long Beach is in negotiations but times running out on the QM before it needs to be repaired below the waterline (possible dry docking where it is as its no longer safe to move it!) I would love to see this happen for sake of the QM and Disney!

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

The Angels are NOT leaving, either they sign a new lease OR they play in Anaheim until 2029.

The 18.000 Parking Structure Spaces that feed right of the SB I-5 from LA are going nowhere..

The Queen Mary is getting a major refurb. Carnival Cruises just signed a long term lease expansion and has the exclusive for the Port of Long Beach.

Not sure where you are getting your info.

And since you are new, I have a very long term record.

One of my current roles is being a member of the Advisory Board of the Disneyland funded PAC, S.O.A.R.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom