DLR 3rd gate possibilities

lazyboy97o

I wish Disney had built Westcot instead of California Adventure. My dream for a third gate would be a park that was half of Westcot's ideas that could feature IP like Tron and Figment while the other half of the park would be Fox where it could focus on Avatar, Night at the Museum, and other Fox IP like Ice Age or Alien.
Is this a joke?

Californian Elitist

I wish Disney had built Westcot instead of California Adventure. My dream for a third gate would be a park that was half of Westcot's ideas that could feature IP like Tron and Figment while the other half of the park would be Fox where it could focus on Avatar, Night at the Museum, and other Fox IP like Ice Age or Alien.

How would something like this make sense?

Californian Elitist

You guys do not have to be rude. It was just a cool blue sky idea I thought of. I know it will never happen that's why I thought of it. There's no harm in thinking of something cool.:)

I asked a simple question, if it came off rudely, then I apologize.

I’m confused as to how your idea would work. If you wouldn’t mind, couple you explain your thought process?

The Grand Inquisitor

I asked a simple question, if it came off rudely, then I apologize.

I’m confused as to how your idea would work. If you wouldn’t mind, couple you explain your thought process?
It's all good! I was confused. My idea for the third gate is Disney's Discovery Kingdom. It will be Disney's version of Universal Epic Universe. It will have a hub and have 4 distinct kingdoms. The hub will of course have a castle but it will be a steampunk type of castle, the hub will be sort of steampunk with lots of restaurant and shops. The first kingdom is the Tech Kingdom 9 which will be based off of some of the ideas from Westcot) It will feature Journey into imagination, tron, and other ip and original ideas based on technology. The second kingdom is the sea kingdom, which will feature three areas in the land themed to Moana, Nemo, and the little mermaid(this will be the area from Tokyo Disney sea). The third kingdom will be called Fox Kingdom, it will feature Pandora, Ice Age, Night at the Museum, and any other Fox IP that would be a great attraction, show, or restaurant. The fourth and final land is the Dark Kingdom, it will focus on the Disney Villains but it will also have a sub area themed to the nightmare before Christmas. The resort would also have a massive hotel that would feature Figment, Moana, Avatar, and Disney Villain rooms ( to represent each land). The hotel would basically be the rumored Nintendo hotel Orlando might be getting. This is just my blue sky idea for what I woulds do for a third park in California. :)

truecoat

I'd be really surprised to see a 3rd gate in my lifetime. With development of the MMRR, Marvel both next year and in the future, the possible re-development of Tomorrowland, the drop off expansion of DCA, possible use of Subs/Autopia or the Fantasyland theater, Disney would be hard pressed to even need a third gate for a long time.

One possibility I'd like to see, is DCA expanding into the Simba parking lot. This would be way down the road but it's a good way to get some extra land if you need it. Especially if you've built new parking ramps for the Eastern Gateway and a ramp near the Paradise Pier hotel.

Phroobar

I'd be really surprised to see a 3rd gate in my lifetime. With development of the MMRR, Marvel both next year and in the future, the possible re-development of Tomorrowland, the drop off expansion of DCA, possible use of Subs/Autopia or the Fantasyland theater, Disney would be hard pressed to even need a third gate for a long time.

One possibility I'd like to see, is DCA expanding into the Simba parking lot. This would be way down the road but it's a good way to get some extra land if you need it. Especially if you've built new parking ramps for the Eastern Gateway and a ramp near the Paradise Pier hotel.
Simba parking lot was were Star Wars land was going to be built with a hotel acting as a berm. A bridge was going to connect it to DCA.

The Grand Inquisitor

I wonder if Disney would consider a Villains themed park or a water park like blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon to build on the Simba Lot.

Darkbeer1

I wonder if Disney would consider a Villains themed park or a water park like blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon to build on the Simba Lot.

MUCH more likely would be built in Garden Grove or on Toy Story to support a new Hotel, since the original 3 are next to Theme Parks.

But with the costs in California to do anything, much more likely that the funds would be invested elsewhere for better Return on Investment.

The Grand Inquisitor

MUCH more likely would be built in Garden Grove or on Toy Story to support a new Hotel, since the original 3 are next to Theme Parks.

But with the costs in California to do anything, much more likely that the funds would be invested elsewhere for better Return on Investment.
Disney definitely needs to add more hotels. If they build a third park, they need to build at least one more hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom