DLR 3rd gate possibilities

truecoat

Three of the four rides I enjoy at DCA are opening day attractions, though one being slightly altered for the worst. I'd rather have 2001 DCA with all the nostalgia charm than current DCA if I can't have Tower of Terror.

You mean you used to enjoy. You don't go there anymore according to....you.

TROR

You mean you used to enjoy. You don't go there anymore according to....you.
What a stupid accusation. I've been to DCA once since the removal of Tower of Terror and that was because I was gifted a park hopper. I go to the parks once a year and I only go to Disneyland because it's where I'd rather spend my time and money now. If you want to give me a park hopper for free, then sure I'll go to DCA again, but not on my dime I won't. What even is this accusation? That I'm secretly going to DCA and blatantly denying it? That's so moronic.

TP2000

and the River rapids has no proper theming and is covered up by it being a River rapids

In 2001 it had 1990's plastic kayaks and a Sony stereo and junk, used by partying youngsters who were hip and wild but obeying the law.

IMG_1252.JPG

By 2019 they were replaced with an old timey canoe used by a Plein Air painter, because that's fun. Iger cares! Chapek listens!

maxresdefault.jpg

scg56079607952-613x409.jpg

Tank Man

Original Poster
In 2001 it had 1990's plastic kayaks and a Sony stereo and junk, used by partying youngsters who were hip and wild but obeying the law.

IMG_1252.JPG

By 2019 they were replaced with an old timey canoe used by a Plein Air painter, because that's fun. Iger cares! Chapek listens!

maxresdefault.jpg

scg56079607952-613x409.jpg
I mean, Grizzly is fully themed as the environment. It looks good. I don't think it needs robots or any of that stuff. They just need to replace the totally tubular surfer guy announcement.

View attachment 392258
They don’t need animatronics, highly immersive stuff instead

mickEblu

I mean, Grizzly is fully themed as the environment. It looks good. I don't think it needs robots or any of that stuff. They just need to replace the totally tubular surfer guy announcement.

View attachment 392258

Agreed although I would be happy with just one impressive Grizzly AA since it’s in the name and all. It would just give the ride that finishing Disney Signature.

PiratesMansion

the only reason disney made that site detailing a third gate was because they thought DCA would be a smash hit, which it obviously was not (and still is the red-headed stepchild of the disney parks family). between the fact that gate 2 still arguably isn’t up to their standards and city politics, i honestly believe we won’t see a third gate in our lifetimes

In US fan terms, certainly, but honestly, the more years I've been following Disney Parks, the more skeptical I am of that. WDS in Paris is DEFINITELY the worldwide stepchild, way-too-late "reimagining" notwithstanding. What they're doing to Epcot honestly screams "we just don't care" more loudly and offensively to me, personally. From Eisner onward they've increasingly had less and less idea of what to do with Epcot, and they've cared about that fact less and less. The new "let's do a show about people reacting to Disney music around the world" is bottom of the barrel, insulting crud.

At least DCA, by comparison, was invested in more regularly.

Based on their actions over the last few years, I feel like they think that DCA is doing just fine and is up to their current standards. That is, until they can come up with another IP or twenty to needlessly shove into the park while pretending the park's real issues don't exist.

Tank Man

Original Poster
In US fan terms, certainly, but honestly, the more years I've been following Disney Parks, the more skeptical I am of that. WDS in Paris is DEFINITELY the worldwide stepchild, way-too-late "reimagining" notwithstanding. What they're doing to Epcot honestly screams "we just don't care" more loudly and offensively to me, personally. From Eisner onward they've increasingly had less and less idea of what to do with Epcot, and they've cared about that fact less and less. The new "let's do a show about people reacting to Disney music around the world" is bottom of the barrel, insulting crud.

At least DCA, by comparison, was invested in more regularly.

Based on their actions over the last few years, I feel like they think that DCA is doing just fine and is up to their current standards. That is, until they can come up with another IP or twenty to needlessly shove into the park while pretending the park's real issues don't exist.
The park has issues but the only thing they can do is hide them under the rug or replace the park but they are doing things at least what they can do. They sadly focus on the wrong things to. I agree

Stripes

View attachment 392258
Not sure when you last got on the ride, but when I went in June the announcement was definitely different than the last time I went on. I was expecting the “now it‘s time for some serious rafting” but that never came. The voice was also different.

Edit: here it is. Announcement begins at 1:44. The final comment is "And never forget: don't feed the bears."

Old annoucement here at 0:50.

Last edited:

Tank Man

Original Poster
Not sure when you last got on the ride, but when I went in June the announcement was definitely different than the last time I went on. I was expecting the “now it‘s time for some serious rafting” but that never came. The voice was also different.

Edit: here it is. Announcement begins at 1:44. The final comment is "And never forget: don't feed the bears."

I was thinking on maybe having them overhaul it to fit the Grizzly Peak theme but they should at least put a proper Disney story in it as there is no immersive line and story, just a river rapids ride and I think the one at my local Amusement Park “Laggon” has a more immersive river rapids as it has some story in it, the ride is called “Rattlesnake Rapids”
They just need something as this is why DCA failed, the rides were not the immersive storytelling Disney has become a custom to. They could have at least a story

Phroobar

I was thinking on maybe having them overhaul it to fit the Grizzly Peak theme but they should at least put a proper Disney story in it as there is no immersive line and story, just a river rapids ride and I think the one at my local Amusement Park “Laggon” has a more immersive river rapids as it has some story in it, the ride is called “Rattlesnake Rapids”
They just need something as this is why DCA failed, the rides were not the immersive storytelling Disney has become a custom to. They could have at least a story
Sounds like the Park Ranger that Humphrey the Bear is aways trying to please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom