Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

Siberianbreaks

I say just get rid of LMA, The studio tour and everything in that area and expand pixar place, the honey I shrunk the kids set can stay but change themes to something Pixar and I say Aerosmith should defiantly be replaced with a different band but defiantly not something Disney and the great movie ride could use some updates and defiantly change fantasmic but not to world of color but something new and fresh once all of the parks are updated , they should open a new park that's vintage themed with all the GOOD past attractions that came to end.

jt04

- Add WoC tech to upgraded Fantasmic
- Remove Back Lot Tour
- Add scaled down CarsLand utilizing a Cars themed "Autopia" incorporating Catastrophe Canyon
- Upgrade LMA to a Cars themed stunt show
- Move Carpets to Animation Courtyard from AdvLand
- Replace Mermaid with Pixar show
- Add major Pixar content to the Animation attraction
- Upgrade the Walt Disney attraction and make it permanent
- Finish the Monsters Inc miniland
- Move the Laugh Floor to Pixar Place
- Add a Monsters Inc coaster or dark ride
- Close Pizza Planet and install Muppet themed restaurant
- upgrade GMR to all Disney content
- replace the BatB theater with Toontown "neighborhood"
- remove the BAH!

My wishlist.

PS This would mean the Flying Carpets, Indy Raceway and MI Laugh Floor will no longer be part of the MK. Oh well. :(:D

-

El Grupo

Our lists are similar. Have said for some time that Autotopia should be moved to either the Test Track area or the Catastrophe Canyon area with a Cars theme and the Laugh Floor should share a building with a Monsters coaster. Be nice to see upgrades at DHS along with an overhaul of Tomorrowland. As for DHS, my wish list would also include...

-Phenias and Ferb show in place of Mermaid
-Remove BLT. Replace loading area, special effects water tank and Initial part of tour with indoor/outdoor Incredibles ride. Sounds like WDI already had the concept on the drawing boards for DCA before changing to Carsland.
-Install Pixar dark ride in space beside TSMM (potentially up or Ratatouille)
-Replace Cast Member Costume Building with Monster's attractions
-Replace LMA with a separate major attraction not available in other parks (beating an old drum here, but would like to see some a version of the Crimestoppers chase ride utilized, but with an Indiana Jones theme).
-Replace Sounds Dangerous and American Idol with one attraction.
-Replace Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular with a Star Wars show.

IWant2GoNow

- Add WoC tech to upgraded Fantasmic Yes
- Remove Back Lot Tour Absolutely!
- Add scaled down CarsLand utilizing a Cars themed "Autopia" incorporating Catastrophe Canyon Ehh... *Nevermind, just saw that you were taking out Indy at MK. I'm ok with this now. :)
- Upgrade LMA to a Cars themed stunt show Sounds good.
- Move Carpets to Animation Courtyard from AdvLand Those carpets just don't belong anywhere, maybe DAK somewhere, but I like the openness of the Ani Courtyard just the way it is.
- Replace Mermaid with Pixar show Seems too far out of Pixar Place for that, maybe this would be a good spot for a PatF show. Not sure how popular it would be, but I'd personally like to see some integration of that movie somewhere. And it was the last hand-drawn animation movie, seems to fit that area better.
- Add major Pixar content to the Animation attraction This kinda goes along with the last one, I think Pixar Place should have it's own animation tour since they are two completely different styles.
- Upgrade the Walt Disney attraction and make it permanent Upgrades to this are always welcome, but is this not a permanent feature? If not, that makes me sad.
- Finish the Monsters Inc miniland Finish it? Did I miss where they started it? Not sure I know what this is.
- Move the Laugh Floor to Pixar Place Definitely! No-brainer.
- Add a Monsters Inc coaster or dark ride Yes, or Incredibles.
- Close Pizza Planet and install Muppet themed restaurant Yes.
- upgrade GMR to all Disney content Not a fan of this, but I understand for legal reasons this would be a good way out.
- replace the BatB theater with Toontown "neighborhood" As long as it was hidden from the feel of Sunset Blvd. I guess that could work.
- remove the BAH! Yes! Remove it all the way to the front entrance outside the security gates!

My wishlist.

PS This would mean the Flying Carpets, Indy Raceway and MI Laugh Floor will no longer be part of the MK. Oh well. :(:D

-

A couple I'd like to add myself...

Backlot Express restaurant changed into Mos Eisley Cantina.
Give some sort of use to Streets of America other than the Osbourne Lights, that's a lot of used space with nothing to do.

jt04

A couple I'd like to add myself...

Backlot Express restaurant changed into Mos Eisley Cantina.
Give some sort of use to Streets of America other than the Osbourne Lights, that's a lot of used space with nothing to do.

Definitely Mos Eisley or other Star Wars content. PatF would be a great add to the Mermaid building. You win that argument. Pixar Place contains direct lifts from Monsters inc in the architecture. I will let you find them. Sort of like a hidden mickey. Clearly they intended for MI to be part of Pixar Place.

Just thought of Toontown! And yes it would have a modest entryway and be hidden. Although it might be cool if elements could be seen from the entry plaza. I think it would make a great transition between SB and the Fantasmic arena.

As for the carpets, I just want them removed from AdvLand. Aladdin is a great franchise for this land but the carpets are just too intrusive.

I think we have fixed DHS.

TylerFG

If there's a TGMR update there definitely needs to be a Toy Story show scene (and not a projector) of when Woody and Buzz are flying above the street saying "To Infinity and Beyond!". That's an important part of filmmaking because it's the first CGI feature film.

And maybe, we can take out the animation building and put in The Great Animation Ride which documents the finest achievements from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar (from Steamboat Willie to the present). And maybe with some cool visual effects you can get an animated character as your skipper (not a guy in a costume).That's the only thing that I'll replace the animation building with, and who knows maybe we can make it more exciting/cartoony than another slow boat ride?

I REALLY like this idea. :)

PolynesianPrincess

I'd like to see them put another show or attraction back in the theater where Hunchback used to be. It's bizzare to me that they never put anything in there. I'd love to see Pixar place expanded and add in some Pixar meet and greets (Bugs Life, Ratatouille, move Carl and Dug there from AK, etc..)kind of like the Princess room at MK. Some people don't like meet and greets but kids eat em up! They can change the soundstage next to TSMM to the Monsters Inc coaster and then do SOMETHING, anything with Back Lot Tour... If DCa keeps putting up hug numbers with CarsLand there's no way TDO won't come up with something to boost their numbers (ok, I'm sure they probably won't but I'm trying to think positive here!! lol)

PolynesianPrincess

Definitely Mos Eisley or other Star Wars content. PatF would be a great add to the Mermaid building. You win that argument. Pixar Place contains direct lifts from Monsters inc in the architecture. I will let you find them. Sort of like a hidden mickey. Clearly they intended for MI to be part of Pixar Place.

Just thought of Toontown! And yes it would have a modest entryway and be hidden. Although it might be cool if elements could be seen from the entry plaza. I think it would make a great transition between SB and the Fantasmic arena.

As for the carpets, I just want them removed from AdvLand. Aladdin is a great franchise for this land but the carpets are just too intrusive.

I think we have fixed DHS.

I personally would love to see a magic carpet dark ride, similar to PPf, only Aladdin themed for ALand! But I digress...

jt04

I personally would love to see a magic carpet dark ride, similar to PPf, only Aladdin themed for ALand! But I digress...

They tested the concept at Epcot years ago with guests so I know they have considered it. And there is an expansion pad available. Hmmmm.

djlaosc

I would like to see them move...
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • Mickey's Philharmagic
  • Toontown (when it was available to move)
  • Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Stitch's Great Escape
  • Captain EO/Honey I Shrunk the Audience/other 3D Movies etc. in to a Classic 3D Cinema in the Streets of America that shows a different movie every show on a loop
  • It's Tough to be a Bug! (if they could ever find anything more suitable for it's location, though I doubt that they could - but better to move it than to lose it completely)
...to Disney's Hollywood Studios

People complain about there not being enough for the kids to do (the reason why TSMM queues are so long), people complain that most of these attractions don't really fit where they currently are (Aladdin, Laugh Floor, Stitch, EO), they would help to increase the capacity of DHS, while probably not dramatically reducing the capacity of their current parks (FLE could compensate for the MK attractions, and could eventually lead to a Tomorrowland overhaul), and you would think that it would be fairly cheap to do - move one across every 6 months or so, gives them something different to put on the map cover, and then while they're doing this, have something big being worked on (such as the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster, or any of the other suggestions in this thread) to open in a few years time!

Turtle

- Add WoC tech to upgraded Fantasmic
- Remove Back Lot Tour
- Add scaled down CarsLand utilizing a Cars themed "Autopia" incorporating Catastrophe Canyon
- Upgrade LMA to a Cars themed stunt show
- Move Carpets to Animation Courtyard from AdvLand
- Replace Mermaid with Pixar show
- Add major Pixar content to the Animation attraction
- Upgrade the Walt Disney attraction and make it permanent
- Finish the Monsters Inc miniland
- Move the Laugh Floor to Pixar Place
- Add a Monsters Inc coaster or dark ride
- Close Pizza Planet and install Muppet themed restaurant
- upgrade GMR to all Disney content
- replace the BatB theater with Toontown "neighborhood"
- remove the BAH!

My wishlist.

-
No! Pixar Place and Animation Courtyard NEEDS to be separated! You can't have a Pixar show in the Little Mermaid theater and you can't have Pixar in the Animation ride.

Animation Courtyard = Walt Disney Animation Studios (Snow White, Tangled, Lion King, Aladdin, etc.)
Pixar Place = Pixar Animation Studio (Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., Wall-E)

They CANNOT intertwine!

Turtle

Here is my idea for a new Hollywood Studios like how in Anaheim there's a new DCA. And this could be a little less expensive.

- Remove the hat and make the Earful Tower the park's icon again (or the Grauman's Theater)
- Update The Great Movie Ride

Untitled Star Wars Land:
- Star Tours: Fly on an epic adventure through the galaxy of Star Wars (we already have this)
- Mos Eisley Cantina: A retheme of the nearby restaurant
- D-Ticket: Comment below what d-ticket of Star Wars you'd like to see in the area of American Idol and Drew Carey.

Muppet Pavilion:
- MuppetVision 3D: As much of a Muppet fan I am we have to update the film (I know it's Henson's last Muppet film). We can have it like Star Tours that every section of the show is randomized so Gonzo may do a different stunt, Piggy may sing another song, etc.
- Bunsen and Beaker Rocket: A small outdoor kiddy coaster of Bunsen and Beaker (where the fence next to Studio 51 is.
- Swedish Chef Smorgesborg: Restaurant themed to the Swedish Chef in the place of Pizza Planet
- Muppet Meet And Greets: You can meet Kermit and Mrs. Piggy (puppets) where Mama Melrose used to be

Pixar Place:
- Toy Story Midway Mania: Andy brought home a new carnival set and the toys are here to play it with you
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor: The monsters invite you into their comedy club (Imported from MK to the Prince Caspian building)
- Al's Toy Barn: Place to buy all your Pixar Merchandise and to meet all your Pixar characters
- A Bug's Set: Refurbish and rename the "Honey I Shrunk The Kid's Playground"
- Cafe Ratatouille: A quick-service restaurant themed to Ratatouille
- The Incredibles Omnidroid Attack: Outdoor c-ticket Dumbo spinner but the arms are the Omnidroid's arms.

Animation Courtyard:
- The Great Animation Ride: A KUKA arm ride through the greatest moments of Disney Animation. (Not a thrill, but the Kuka will be used to make swift movements that make you feel like you're flying, on a boat, falling, etc.)
- Untitled Roger Rabbit Show: Inside the Little Mermaid Theater there can be a show similar to Stitch's Great Escape but by accident Roger Rabbit puts you in peril and the lights shut off and he's trying to fix it which ends bad.
- D-Ticket: Comment below what you think should be in the space of Disney Jr. theatre

Sunset Boulevard:
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Plunge 13 stories in this terrifying ride
- Rock 'n Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith: Go through a wild ride through Hollywood
- Character Meet and Greets: Here you can meet Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Roger Rabbit, and
Goofy (something for the kids while they ride Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Rollercoaster)
- Tangled The Show!: A show of Tangled inside the Beauty and The Beast amphitheater
- Fantasmic!: A major refurbishment of Fantasmic!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They tested the concept at Epcot years ago with guests so I know they have considered it. And there is an expansion pad available. Hmmmm.
Ahhh... DisneyVision VR. It was scrapped when it ran out of steam. They never worked out the logistics of using it inpark. I believe it ended up at Disneyquest. It was interesting for Innoventions circa 1994 when VR was all the rage.

jt04

Ahhh... DisneyVision VR. It was scrapped when it ran out of steam. They never worked out the logistics of using it inpark. I believe it ended up at Disneyquest. It was interesting for Innoventions circa 1994 when VR was all the rage.

I knew you would remember.

I fully expect VR to make a return in unexpected ways. Maybe not for Aladdin but other applications.

jt04

No! Pixar Place and Animation Courtyard NEEDS to be separated! You can't have a Pixar show in the Little Mermaid theater and you can't have Pixar in the Animation ride.

Animation Courtyard = Walt Disney Animation Studios (Snow White, Tangled, Lion King, Aladdin, etc.)
Pixar Place = Pixar Animation Studio (Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., Wall-E)

They CANNOT intertwine!

I agree but the deciders might not. And I changed my mind about Pixar in the Mermaid theater. Someone else suggested PatF which I have now adopted into my grand scheme.

IWant2GoNow

I thought that I remembered that at DQ. Back when I took my band trip in high school. I'd say '98-ish. It was a pretty neat game but I'm hoping they had bigger plans for it if it were to have been an actual ride because it did not offer much capacity.

Contrast

Here is my idea for a new Hollywood Studios like how in Anaheim there's a new DCA. And this could be a little less expensive.
- Remove the hat and make the Earful Tower the park's icon again (or the Grauman's Theater)
- Update The Great Movie Ride
Untitled Star Wars Land:
- Star Tours: Fly on an epic adventure through the galaxy of Star Wars (we already have this)
- Mos Eisley Cantina: A retheme of the nearby restaurant
- D-Ticket: Comment below what d-ticket of Star Wars you'd like to see in the area of American Idol and Drew Carey.
Muppet Pavilion:
- MuppetVision 3D: As much of a Muppet fan I am we have to update the film (I know it's Henson's last Muppet film). We can have it like Star Tours that every section of the show is randomized so Gonzo may do a different stunt, Piggy may sing another song, etc.
- Bunsen and Beaker Rocket: A small outdoor kiddy coaster of Bunsen and Beaker (where the fence next to Studio 51 is.
- Swedish Chef Smorgesborg: Restaurant themed to the Swedish Chef in the place of Pizza Planet
- Muppet Meet And Greets: You can meet Kermit and Mrs. Piggy (puppets) where Mama Melrose used to be
Pixar Place:
- Toy Story Midway Mania: Andy brought home a new carnival set and the toys are here to play it with you
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor: The monsters invite you into their comedy club (Imported from MK to the Prince Caspian building)
- Al's Toy Barn: Place to buy all your Pixar Merchandise and to meet all your Pixar characters
- A Bug's Set: Refurbish and rename the "Honey I Shrunk The Kid's Playground"
- Cafe Ratatouille: A quick-service restaurant themed to Ratatouille
- The Incredibles Omnidroid Attack: Outdoor c-ticket Dumbo spinner but the arms are the Omnidroid's arms.
Animation Courtyard:
- The Great Animation Ride: A KUKA arm ride through the greatest moments of Disney Animation. (Not a thrill, but the Kuka will be used to make swift movements that make you feel like you're flying, on a boat, falling, etc.)
- Untitled Roger Rabbit Show: Inside the Little Mermaid Theater there can be a show similar to Stitch's Great Escape but by accident Roger Rabbit puts you in peril and the lights shut off and he's trying to fix it which ends bad.
- D-Ticket: Comment below what you think should be in the space of Disney Jr. theatre
Sunset Boulevard:
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Plunge 13 stories in this terrifying ride
- Rock 'n Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith: Go through a wild ride through Hollywood
- Character Meet and Greets: Here you can meet Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Roger Rabbit, and
Goofy (something for the kids while they ride Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Rollercoaster)
- Tangled The Show!: A show of Tangled inside the Beauty and The Beast amphitheater
- Fantasmic!: A major refurbishment of Fantasmic!
I agree with all of this, you have some great ideas. My main irk with the park is that massive hat, hopefully they'll get rid of it soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom