Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

Contrast

I personally would love to see the long rumored Monsters Inc door coaster at DHS, it could be put where the Backlot Tour now resides. Either way though I'm glad that it looks like DHS is going to get some well needed TLC.

WDWBryan

The monsters coaster would go in the empty soundstage next to toy story. But would it be the same thing that's existed at DCA for 6 years or something different?

Contrast

Well, as of late we have had a lot of Imagineers around the Movie Ride as of late. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say DHS's next major project is a Movie Ride refurb. It badly needs one... Let's just hope it's more than just a new coat of paint and carpet...
I completely agree, it's still a good ride but with a few new additions it could become a great ride. It's well overdue a refurb.

wolf359

I completely agree, it's still a good ride but with a few new additions it could become a great ride. It's well overdue a refurb.

Even if they didn't change which films were represented in the ride, it would at least be nice to see an investment in some actual animatronics other than the Wicked Witch. The animatronic upgrade seen in Spaceship Earth is a good example of how much more dynamic an attraction can be if all of the figures move realistically.

Turtle

If there's a TGMR update there definitely needs to be a Toy Story show scene (and not a projector) of when Woody and Buzz are flying above the street saying "To Infinity and Beyond!". That's an important part of filmmaking because it's the first CGI feature film.

And maybe, we can take out the animation building and put in The Great Animation Ride which documents the finest achievements from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar (from Steamboat Willie to the present). And maybe with some cool visual effects you can get an animated character as your skipper (not a guy in a costume).That's the only thing that I'll replace the animation building with, and who knows maybe we can make it more exciting/cartoony than another slow boat ride?

Thrill Seeker

The monsters coaster would go in the empty soundstage next to toy story. But would it be the same thing that's existed at DCA for 6 years or something different?
The ride at DCA is just a retheme of a failed attraction called Superstar Limo. This would be a completely different ride.

vinnya1726

That sounds like it would be a great ride...a journey through animation...wow.

If there's a TGMR update there definitely needs to be a Toy Story show scene (and not a projector) of when Woody and Buzz are flying above the street saying "To Infinity and Beyond!". That's an important part of filmmaking because it's the first CGI feature film.

And maybe, we can take out the animation building and put in The Great Animation Ride which documents the finest achievements from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar (from Steamboat Willie to the present). And maybe with some cool visual effects you can get an animated character as your skipper (not a guy in a costume).That's the only thing that I'll replace the animation building with, and who knows maybe we can make it more exciting/cartoony than another slow boat ride?

Magenta Panther

Screamscape: Throwing Everything at the Wall Since (Insert Year Here)\

LOL!!! (man, I miss the ROFLMAO smiley...)

Well, let's see. I'd really hate to see Aerosmith dropped at RnRC. I always enjoy the little film starring the band that plays before you board the ride. Why WOULD they be dropped? They may not be a brand-new band, but they're still awesome.

A revamp of the Great Movie ride - YESSS!!!! That would be sweet and much-needed. And so much could be done with it. But on the other hand, what if a revamp was made up mostly of projection screens? Boo!! That would suck.

No more Muppets please. Let them stay in their little theater. And much as I like Star Wars, that brilliantly-updated ride is enough for THAT movie too. Let's have more diversity in DHS, (how about a Wizard of Oz ride?) and anyway, there are Disney films that have no presence there (Mary Poppins, for instance). Best of all would be an Epic Mickey dark ride. It'd be a great way to pay homage to the Mickey Mouse shorts that built the company, PLUS it'd be a great way to reintroduce Oswald to his public. And think of the merchandise the Lucky Rabbit could sell! The Oswald ear hats from Disneyland are fetching big bucks on eBay. The Disney accountants HAVE to be aware of that!

World of Color is awesome, but so is Fantasmic IMO. An upgrade of the latter show would be cool, and so would an actual AA dragon, one without poor old Murphy's issues, of course.

Anyway, it'll be cool to see what IS coming down the pike for DHS. Hopefully it'll be something as grand and as successful as Buena Vista Street. I hope, I hope...

Magenta Panther

I LOVE this idea!!! A ride that truly honors the Disney animation heritage would fit in perfectly in DHS!

Contrast

Even if they didn't change which films were represented in the ride, it would at least be nice to see an investment in some actual animatronics other than the Wicked Witch. The animatronic upgrade seen in Spaceship Earth is a good example of how much more dynamic an attraction can be if all of the figures move realistically.

Yes, agreed.

WDW1974

It isn't happening right now and it can't go in there (even if some basic prep work was done in 2008!) as that building is being used for something so top secret I can't even imagine what Disney will think of NEXT to impress today's GEN.

(oh and no, DCA is a totally different concept than what isn't being built at TPFKaTD-MGMS)

bubbles1812

That sounds like a freaking cool idea! If only... sigh

ellie-badge

As cool as Cars Land seems over at DCA, I'd rather they give us something else... at the most, I wouldn't mind receiving Radiator Springs Racers as an addition and slight expansion to Pixar Place, but not the entire land. Somebody on another thread somewhere on the forums suggested that we get a Monsters, Inc. themed "land," such as a recreation of Monstropolis. That way both coasts would both have unique Pixar-themed lands.

J03Y

Fantasmic will be untouched or i swear i will never visit Hollywood Studios again. it was the no 1 reason why i even went to the park, so i can end my day magically. i think i'd literally cry if they took it out for World of Colors.

J03Y

on another note, and this might come out as a second post, i think they definitely need a Monsters Inc ride and give Pixar Place some more room, it's crowded there with Toy Story Mania! anywho, i'd hate to see Backlot and LMA go away, but i honestly never really went to see those. they were cool but if Cars is really so popular, then i don't see a reason not to so...

and if they drop Aerosmith, i better not see any teeny-boppers replace them. an honest to goodness rock band.

Flip83

While I would love to see Star Wars expanded, it doesn't seem likely. I think it was mentioned that no plans to expand have been made plus I think they feel Star Wars must have enough with the recent refurb and Star Wars weekends, etc. It's a shame because Star Wars is such a great franchise that still brings in a strong fanbase. I'd love to see what they could accomplish with at least one more attraction and a Star Wars themed dining option.

Yeah, really, all I want is them to move it to the Backlot cafeteria. It just looks like a graveyard of old cool things that used to be around. That's cool n all. But a Star Wars themed cafe there? Like a Mos Eisley cantina? S easy to retheme and people would Love it! Star wars weekends would be swampped in there. Nothing like new rides, no need to do that. The new version of Star Tours is amazing already, then u have a great gift shop. Just give it the cafe and that's all you would need. IMO.

Butz, clearly... Allll tHe focus I want is to be put on Pixar area , expanding it and getting rid of Backlot Depression Ride.

Monsters Inc, Bugs Life takes over the playground, toy story already there, add the cars ride or like a version of the new one in DCA, make a nice big store like Als Toy Barn ( as someone said earlier), change the cafe back there to Ratattoullie theme (NOT NAMED REMY) then incorporate Incredibles and Wall-E somehow. Just doing all the focus on that could really the complaints down a bit.

I have no real complaints about the park. Backlot is a graveyard now, still enjoy the movie ride regardless. Wouldnt mind seeing updates but im not worried about it that much. Would love to see some sort of change to Muppets somehow, I love the movie. Except that annoying Waldo! Lol. The pre show still cracks me up, its the Best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom