Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Read it again.... It says its pure Speculation. Wishing. No rumour, no insider info.

Doors coaster isn't in the trash yet, but certainly isn't going ahead right now.

Fant refurb is frozen.

There are many legit ideas that could be built if green lit. IF.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Read it again.... It says its pure Speculation. Wishing. No rumour, no insider info.

Doors coaster isn't in the trash yet, but certainly isn't going ahead right now.

Fant refurb is frozen.

Ah Screamscape, thy name is "Possibly".....

invader

Here is a visual map of how it'd be
Sorry, but I don't see DCL allowing another place to have a restaurant named Remy. Maybe it could be named Gusteua's (as in the beginning of the movie) or Ratatouille (as in the end of the movie).

AVPTI

I'd rather see Pixar Place just take over Backlot Tour instead of theming off 1 movie or franchise. There are too many great moments that are great rides from Pixar to have a large plot of land based on 1 film.

It works for DCA, but WDW is the "World" so may as well bring the world of Pixar to Orlando.

IWant2GoNow

Personally, nothing that Screamscape mentions, speculation or otherwise, really doesn't seem to do it for me. Cars Land should be left in DCA, period. A new Muppet movie wouldn't generate enough new visitors for their liking. An additional Muppet ride? Possibly, but not just replacing the movie. An update to RnRC? What could they possibly do that would drastically alter the experience enough to get added attendance? A new Fantasmic show or night show altogether could possible get a few more, but it still only takes place at night. And upgrading the GMR I would fear would lose a vast majority of the historic films that are there now. Getting rid of the Backlot Tour to me is a no-brainer. It takes up a large footprint and could be put to much better use.

GrumpyFan

I (still) don't get why all the animosity so many seem to have against Screamscape... He posts legitimate news, rumors, his and others comments and speculation on his site, sometimes even comments made here. But, not a lot different than anything that gets posted here multiple times a day. In the post we're discussing, he even labeled it "speculation" which by definition is mere conjecture or thinking out loud. He has sources that feed him supposed inside information that sometimes turns out to be true or actually gets greenlit, then other times not so much, but again, no different really than most of what is mentioned here on a daily basis.

jt04

I just want to say that Ignohippo's idea of a Carsland Autopia is freaking brilliant!!! It doesn't have to be on the scale of the rockwork at DCA. It could be the Indy raceway in size but with tunnels, caves, waterfalls and elevation changes. Possibly even using CC. It has all the benefits mentioned in that the rockwork could hide backstage areas and be very immersive. I think we are talking about a MAJOR attraction for families for 30 or 40 million. It would also, with the addition of MI and ABL create a cohesive Pixar section for the park.

Best idea I have ever heard on these boards. I just needed to say that. :)

Next Big Thing

Fant refurb is frozen.

Would the Fant! refurb be made to be like WoC like it says or more like DL Fant?

Thrill Seeker

Well, as of late we have had a lot of Imagineers around the Movie Ride as of late. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say DHS's next major project is a Movie Ride refurb. It badly needs one... Let's just hope it's more than just a new coat of paint and carpet...

Mike K

Well, as of late we have had a lot of Imagineers around the Movie Ride as of late. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say DHS's next major project is a Movie Ride refurb. It badly needs one... Let's just hope it's more than just a new coat of paint and carpet...

A Great Movie Ride refurb would be excellent! Being a longtime lover of the attraction, it's about time it gets some well deserved love. It wouldn't surprise me if Avatar was added to the end of the ride since it is the highest grossing film of all time. Furthermore, even Titanic wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility if they were considering adding new scenes. It would be a blast to see them highlight DeNiro in a Raging Bull sequence since it is an MGM property and Disney is no stranger to dealing with them in the past. In addition, a Ghostbusters scene would really become a highlight scene of the ride if added and done well.

vinnya1726

Great Plan...I would add something into the Voyage of the Little Mermaid building as well. With the new ride in Fantasyland opening this show is expendable.

So an easy way to expand without paying as much money:
1. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is put into the Prince Caspian building.
2. Make a café themed to Ratatouille
3. Make a ground-breaking Dumbo/Teacups. themed to the Incredible's Omnidroid. You are put into one of the omnidroid's arms and to "defeat" the robot you must move up and down and twist (teacup) the vehicle.
4. Make an improved area for all Pixar meet and greets
5. Relocate Pizza Planet (and attempt to match the interior of the restaurant of the film)
6. Al's Toy Barn is where everybody can buy Pixar Merchandise.
7. Put a different title on the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground and name it "A Bug's Set"

This expansion would be from where the backlot entrance starts to the Prince Caspian building. Then when this is completed (2014?) we can have a grand reopening with a red-carpet and everything.

vinnya1726

Totally Agreed.

GLaDOS

I shudder to think what would pass for a "Great Movie" if the scenes in the ride were replaced.

Pirates of the Caribbean 4?
Tron 2?
John Carter 1?

:confused:

Yup. I would be afraid it would become the "Great-But-Mostly-Just-Okay Disney Movie Ride". If GMR got a substantial refurb/change, you would lose the WIld West explosion for good, if I had to guess as well...

kaelynj1s

OK. I'm a new member so someone PLEASE tell me what TDO is and who/what Screamsape is. I have seen these two thrown around a lot and I cant figure those out.

THANK YOU

GrumpyFan

OK. I'm a new member so someone PLEASE tell me what TDO is and who/what Screamsape is. I have seen these two thrown around a lot and I cant figure those out.

THANK YOU

Acronyms/Abbreviations explained:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/acronyms.htm

I just noticed right after I posted though, that neither of those are on there.
TDO - Team Disney Orlando - I believe this is the Imagineering team responsible for WDW.
Screamscape - A news and rumors website of theme park-related info.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So an easy way to expand without paying as much money:
1. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is put into the Prince Caspian building.
2. Make a café themed to Ratatouille
3. Make a ground-breaking Dumbo/Teacups. themed to the Incredible's Omnidroid. You are put into one of the omnidroid's arms and to "defeat" the robot you must move up and down and twist (teacup) the vehicle.
4. Make an improved area for all Pixar meet and greets
5. Relocate Pizza Planet (and attempt to match the interior of the restaurant of the film)
6. Al's Toy Barn is where everybody can buy Pixar Merchandise.
7. Put a different title on the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground and name it "A Bug's Set"

This expansion would be from where the backlot entrance starts to the Prince Caspian building. Then when this is completed (2014?) we can have a grand reopening with a red-carpet and everything.

This seems pretty feasible from a cost and space standpoint. Then when it's done they can build Carsland too where the back lot tour is!!!! I know that's just greedy, but it would be awesome.

kaelynj1s

Acronyms/Abbreviations explained:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/acronyms.htm

I just noticed right after I posted though, that neither of those are on there.
TDO - Team Disney Orlando - I believe this is the Imagineering team responsible for WDW.
Screamscape - A news and rumors website of theme park-related info.

I have looked at this page for reference and indeed neither of them are there. Thanks though! Now I can really enjoy these boards. :)

AVPTI

I have looked at this page for reference and indeed neither of them are there. Thanks though! Now I can really enjoy these boards. :)
When I first joined, I too struggled.

I would run over every ride, restaurant, store in my head to determine what things meant. There are some I still struggle with, but you just gotta look at the context of the discussion to narrow down possible meanings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom