Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

ChrisM

I don't understand the obsession with Cars. It's critically one of ,if not, the worse Pixar movie made and it's already represented in the Lights Motors Action show and now has it's own section at the AoA resort..

Personally, with Monsters University on the horizon I would love to see the Monsters Inc. coaster come to fruition. The moment I saw that end of that movie I thought it would be the perfect setting for a family friendly roller coaster. Hopefully Monsters University can drum up enough buzz to get that project moving.

Kids, especially young boys, absolutely adore Cars.

As for it being a bad movie, I hold it in much higher esteem among the Pixar opus than most. How the heck is it considered worse than Monsters, Inc? That movies blows. I have no desire whatsoever to see it again or any sequels/prequels. Of course, Cars 2 was even worse.

Kids, especially young boys, absolutely adore Cars.

As for it being a bad movie, I hold it in much higher esteem among the Pixar opus than most. How the heck is it considered worse than Monsters, Inc? That movies blows. I have no desire whatsoever to see it again or any sequels/prequels. Of course, Cars 2 was even worse.

Cars is very popular even in my own family. My younger cousin adores it. As for Monsters Inc., I can't really discuss that with you because it is my second favorite Pixar movie next to Toy Story and I'm glad even after ten years they've decided to make another installment.

mickey2008.1

there are so many possibilites with the whole park. A Fantasmic redo is in dire need, Backlot is a joke, and GMR needs a good update. Where would they start first, fixing the current problems, or just knock something down and put new in ? What are the top three probabilites?

MKeeler

If we do get the expanded Pixar Place, I hope Disney uses the "A Bug's Set" name that has been tossed about here for the play area.

I'll go a bit further and add that I wouldn't mind seeing a "Cars Lot Tour".

menamechris

Some may not agree with this, as it all too close to what happens on GMR but I would change RNR to a Gangster Getaway Coaster. It would thematically fit closer than a present-day studio in 30's / 40's Hollywood. It would even be themed closer to the area as you could call the ToT / Gangster Getaway Coaster area the "Dark Side of Hollywood."

I actually think this idea is amazing.... I would love for the classic Hollywood to be better executed. What DCA is doing should be used as an example for DHS... There is so much potential

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I haven't read all of the posts so maybe this was mentioned, but DHS needs an iconic ride that is visible from far away to be the symbol of the park. Tower of Terror is visible on the drive in, but is not as iconic as the castle, tree or ball.

invader

I haven't read all of the posts so maybe this was mentioned, but DHS needs an iconic ride that is visible from far away to be the symbol of the park. Tower of Terror is visible on the drive in, but is not as iconic as the castle, tree or ball.
Which is why the Earful Tower was it. It was technically part of the BLT and could be seen from anywhere on property.

cheezbat

You can't really see the Earful Tower from many areas of the park, and a water tower with Mickey ears isn't really representative of Hollywood...the Chinese theater is way more iconic. If they can't use it for legal reasons, they need to find something else.

El Grupo

LOL!!! (man, I miss the ROFLMAO smiley...)

Well, let's see. I'd really hate to see Aerosmith dropped at RnRC. I always enjoy the little film starring the band that plays before you board the ride. Why WOULD they be dropped? They may not be a brand-new band, but they're still awesome.

A revamp of the Great Movie ride - YESSS!!!! That would be sweet and much-needed. And so much could be done with it. But on the other hand, what if a revamp was made up mostly of projection screens? Boo!! That would suck.

No more Muppets please. Let them stay in their little theater. And much as I like Star Wars, that brilliantly-updated ride is enough for THAT movie too. Let's have more diversity in DHS, (how about a Wizard of Oz ride?) and anyway, there are Disney films that have no presence there (Mary Poppins, for instance). Best of all would be an Epic Mickey dark ride. It'd be a great way to pay homage to the Mickey Mouse shorts that built the company, PLUS it'd be a great way to reintroduce Oswald to his public. And think of the merchandise the Lucky Rabbit could sell! The Oswald ear hats from Disneyland are fetching big bucks on eBay. The Disney accountants HAVE to be aware of that!

World of Color is awesome, but so is Fantasmic IMO. An upgrade of the latter show would be cool, and so would an actual AA dragon, one without poor old Murphy's issues, of course.

Anyway, it'll be cool to see what IS coming down the pike for DHS. Hopefully it'll be something as grand and as successful as Buena Vista Street. I hope, I hope...

After reading your recommendation, I thought it was interesting to see this in an article regarding "Oz: The Great and Powerful" on The Disney Blog...

A few visitors to the Imagineering campus in Glendale have reported seeing an elaborate model based on the Oz franchise that could be added as a new land to Disney’s Hollywood Studios (or more bizarrely Disney’s Animal Kingdom if that Avatar thing doesn’t work out).

J03Y

You lost me at "Glee".

"Glee-K Out"?

"Journey to Madonna" ?

Even Iger wouldn't approve this stuff. Judging by some of the content on ABC he has approved of over the years he does not appear to be too picky.

the point is to replace Idol.

anything but Idol.

and Glee is an awesome show, just saying.

DisDadEddie

I'd like to see a ride based on a tour through Monster Inc. Headquarters.Then at the end random Meet & Greets with different Monsters Inc. characters. I don't see that happening any time soon. What I would expect to see is some kind of expansion to Pixar Place. There are just too many unrepresented characters there. It should be called Toy Story Way!

J03Y

I'd like to see a ride based on a tour through Monster Inc. Headquarters.Then at the end random Meet & Greets with different Monsters Inc. characters. I don't see that happening any time soon. What I would expect to see is some king of expansion to Pixar Place. There are just too many unrepresented characters there. It should be called Toy Story Way!

the thing with that is (and this was a problem when i made my list of additions), there isn't that much space to expand on without making Pixar Place a bulk of the park, and that's not the point of Hollywood Studios. in a way it's easy to understand why Disney hasn't decided on anything concrete yet, it's just so difficult to make that space huge where it's located.

El Grupo

I thought it had been mentioned that Disney had considered relocating the Cast Member Costume Center which is now behind TSMM and using that space to expand Pixar Place. Moving that, plus taking out BLT provides a tremendous amount of room for expansion.

If LMA was added to the equation, this would open up almost 1/4 of the park for all sorts of new attractions since so much acreage is taken up by the show, practice grounds and BLT tram maintenance.

IWant2GoNow

anything but Idol.

What about turning that building into a Broadway type show? I'm sure someone at Disney could write a 30 minute Broadway-esque play combining music of the past & today. Kinda like a mini Moulin Rouge (even though I couldn't stand that movie). Would they be able to update the facade of the building to make it blend in with the street feel & almost blend it in with the Chinese Theatre? Of course I guess that would all be hinging on the removal of the BAH. :/

sgtmgd

I say remove Lights, Motor, Action! without question to make way for new attractions.

That would be a mistake IMO..thats a fantastic show...it could be updated..much like the Indy show needs to be updated..not done away with. DHS has ALOT of space to expand..the back lot tour is underwhelming..and always has been..thats ALOT of space to add new attractions....as well as updating the great movie ride..soundstage..etc.

Id like to see more star wars as well..I was very excited to ride the new Star Tours..but I was left a tad dissapointed...its a good ride..I just expected more I guess.

7thton

That would be a mistake IMO..thats a fantastic show...it could be updated..much like the Indy show needs to be updated..not done away with. DHS has ALOT of space to expand..the back lot tour is underwhelming..and always has been..thats ALOT of space to add new attractions....as well as updating the great movie ride..soundstage..etc.

Id like to see more star wars as well..I was very excited to ride the new Star Tours..but I was left a tad dissapointed...its a good ride..I just expected more I guess.

I agree. Lights. Motors, Action is a GREAT show. Unfortunately for most of us, it isn't a show that most people can enjoy over and over. But, it is a great show and it would be a terrible shame for them to get rid of it.

Plus, it can pull in huge crowds...taking a lot of pressure off the other rides in the busy season.

cheezbat

anything but Idol.

No. Just no.

I have a much better idea...instead of more terrible singing shows, how about demoing that and the Sounds Dangerous theater and add a DARK RIDE!(the park needs more of them badly)

sazstevens

I would like to see the following happen to MGM (i too still call it that!!)

- a ride that is a bit like soarin but based on the movie 'up'
- a simulater that is a bit like spiderman or Harry potter but based around nightmare befor Christmas
- crushes coaster, the same as the one in Disneyland Paris

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom