Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

WDWFREAK53

Yes, it could but then do you put the Osborne Lights in Carsland?

Why not? You'd still have all of the existing buildings until you get down to LMA where it would start the transition to Rt. 66.

(BTW, I don't really want Carsland in DHS...but it could fit in with the existing Streets of America if the transition is done right)

WDWFREAK53

In what world is Route 66 the most famous street in America? 5th Avenue, Park Avenue, Wall Street and Madison Avenue would all be more "famous."

Ok...maybe I should've said, "The most recognized as a cruising road"
If you really want to nit-pick...Rt. 66 isn't even a "street."

Sheesh.

Rt. 66 has a song written about it ;)

baymenxpac

thought this was interesting from vulture. apparently, disney is rebooting the rocketeer:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/disneys-the-rocketeer-being-reloaded.html

how's it's relevant. well, i have a theory: could this be how disney gets a super hero/marvel-esque attraction into DHS?

now, admittedly, this does seem backwards: having the parks wag the studio dog. but should they reboot the rocketeer, it could play upon the super hero success disney saw with the avengers. and since they can't use marvel characters in WDW, who knows. maybe a marvel character will pop up in the movie, and give disney a tie in where a rocketeer attraction in DHS would makes sense (i know the rocketeer was pacific comics, but it wouldn't be the first time an attempt at corporate profit ever compromised art).

all speculation, but that's my guess for a seemingly random reboot of a 1991 movie.

Bairstow

Maybe they could just re-release the first movie and pretend it's new.
It still holds up pretty well and other than its soundtrack, never got the attention it deserves.

NoChesterHester

There is an element of Monstropolis already in Pixar Place. You can view the explanation here, but here's the full quote from Page 1 of the thread:

I realize that is there, but the question remains is Monstropolis as a place compelling enough for a major area at the scale of Cars Land? Take away the Monsters themselves and it is unremarkable.

I'm just pointing out that some are suggesting that Monsters Inc could be the property that a major expansion is based on. I don't know that I agree.

Clever Name

Maybe they could move the Osborne lights to Downtown Disney as part of that bold new vision we are waiting for..
I think for the sake of energy conservation they need to get rid of the Osborne lights display. Old incandescent lights are wasteful. They need to switch to LEDS and other more energy efficient lighting.

Clever Name

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom